Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,285 members, 7,829,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss (407 Views)

Chelsea Boss Exposes Secret Lesson He Learnt From EPL After Trashing Huddersfied / Lampard Appointed Derby County Manager On Three-year Deal / Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Andersonjr(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2019
Chelsea have appointed former midfielder Frank Lampard as their manager on a three-year deal.

Lampard, 41, has left Championship side Derby County to take over at a club where he spent 13 years as a player.

He succeeds Maurizio Sarri, who left Stamford Bridge in June to take charge of Italian champions Juventus.

Lampard led Derby to the Championship play-off final, where they lost to Aston Villa, in his first season as a manager.

The former England international made 648 Chelsea appearances, winning 11 major trophies with them.

He takes over with Chelsea under a transfer embargo after the club were given a two-window transfer ban by world governing body Fifa - a decision they are appealing against at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Will Lampard risk pay off for Blues owner Abramovich?
"I am immensely proud to be returning to Chelsea as head coach," said Lampard.

"Everyone knows my love for this club and the history we have shared. However, my sole focus is on the job in hand and preparing for the season ahead.

"I am here to work hard, bring further success to the club and I cannot wait to get started."

The appointment comes nine days after Derby gave Lampard permission to talk to Chelsea and 18 days after Sarri left Stamford Bridge.

Lampard is the 10th full-time manager appointed by Roman Abramovich since he bought the club in 2003.

Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by daddytime(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2019
6 months and he be gone....

It's a standard no be curse..

I hope he breaks the jinx and succeeds though. I like the dude very much

1 Like

Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Jayslicky: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Chelsea always changing coaches like babies changing diapers. Lampard is quite inexperienced, could not take derby county to the premier league, Chelsea is on transfer ban so it would be an herculean task for lampard to do something meaningful with this present Chelsea squad.
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by pode(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2019
Congratulations to him and Chelsea
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by ceejayMAX(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2019
HE WILL TAKE THEM BACK TO THE WHERE HE IS COMING FROM(CHAMPIONSHIP)
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2019
I hope the newly elected Frankie will not be as useless and ineffectual like one Yahaya Bello I know and also not a slapping manager like one senator currently asking for forgiveness.

We do hope he brings the desired development to his Chelsea Constituency.
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by pode(m): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2019
Congratulations and welcome to Chelseafc, my wish for him is that, they should give him time and space to run the team
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by pvzo(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2019
Andersonjr:
Chelsea have appointed former midfielder Frank Lampard as their manager on a three-year deal.

Lampard, 41, has left Championship side Derby County to take over at a club where he spent 13 years as a player.

He succeeds Maurizio Sarri, who left Stamford Bridge in June to take charge of Italian champions Juventus.

Lampard led Derby to the Championship play-off final, where they lost to Aston Villa, in his first season as a manager.

The former England international made 648 Chelsea appearances, winning 11 major trophies with them.

He takes over with Chelsea under a transfer embargo after the club were given a two-window transfer ban by world governing body Fifa - a decision they are appealing against at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Will Lampard risk pay off for Blues owner Abramovich?
"I am immensely proud to be returning to Chelsea as head coach," said Lampard.

"Everyone knows my love for this club and the history we have shared. However, my sole focus is on the job in hand and preparing for the season ahead.

"I am here to work hard, bring further success to the club and I cannot wait to get started."

The appointment comes nine days after Derby gave Lampard permission to talk to Chelsea and 18 days after Sarri left Stamford Bridge.

Lampard is the 10th full-time manager appointed by Roman Abramovich since he bought the club in 2003.
congratulations and Good luck, Up Chelsea
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Fianze93(m): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by akeentech(m): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2019
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 04, 2019
Welcome home Frankie.

Well i choose to believe this is not why the English government kept fighting Roman Abramovich some couple of months back. All in all welcome home legendary!

Drabeey was here
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Eizzy003(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2019
For super Frankie to finish In the top six next season will be a good achievement, and I see him having a long term plan at Stanford bridge cos the blues are now hoping to have faith in managers just like the likes of man city and Liverpool.
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Andersonjr(m): 9:59am On Jul 04, 2019
Summary

Lampard succeeds Maurizio Sarri on three-year deal
First news conference as Blues boss at 14:00 BST
Lampard had been Derby manager since May 2018
The 41-year-old returns to club where he spent 13 years as a player

Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by chijindu34(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2019
It's official 3 points for Manutd
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Chikelue2000(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2019
Obviously with d current transfer ban....I think Lampards appointment won't b a bad one....he should blend d team, give more time to those youths making waves n try to qualify for uefa next season....we don't expect more
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Chikelue2000(m): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2019
chijindu34:
It's official 3 points for Manutd
u'll be shocked
Re: Lampard Appointed As Chelsea Boss by Jaycarnes01(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
I pray u succeed there good luck

(1) (Reply)

Join 1xbet Today With PROMO CODE 1x_21682 And Enjoy 100% Bonus Upto 46,000 / Mahrez' Bloody Goal Vs Nigeria | Who's To Be Blamed? / We Need A Better Goalkeeper In Super Eagles – Disu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.