Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Former Imo Dep. Governor, Eze Madumere In Land Grabbing Mess,To Become Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Imo Dep. Governor, Eze Madumere In Land Grabbing Mess,To Become Minister (504 Views)

Chioma Oyekaba 26th Birthday: Prince Eze Madumere's Wife Celebrates (Photos) / Court Declares Eze Madumere’s Impeachment Illegal. Jubilation In Imo (Photos) / Imo Assembly Impeaches Eze Madumere, Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Imo Dep. Governor, Eze Madumere In Land Grabbing Mess,To Become Minister by Triton1996(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
Former Imo state Deputy governor, Eze Madumere, in Land grabbing mess even as he seeks to become Buhari's Minister

The Former Deputy governor of Imo state, Prince Eze madumere is still neck deep in a messy fight to retain a land he forcefully(using his office as Chief of Staff and later Deputy Governor)stole from one Mr Chibuzor Edwin Okolie (CEO).

The former Imo State Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere is at the centre of a controversial land deal, which has pitched him against a businessman, Mr Chibuzor Edwin Okolie.(CEO).

CEO is the owner of Edizwinebar in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. From where he successfully operated his wine bar business and intend to extend same business to Owerri, Imo State Capital since 2012 but have been wickedly inhibited and assaulted by Eze Madumere in a property he bought before the then Rochas Okorocha administration came to power.

At a meeting with reporters in Lagos, CEO as he is fondly called by friends alleged that Madumere is still using his office/influence to oppress him over the property at Plot 104, Housing Area C, New Owerri, Imo State.

But, Madumere, through his media officer, Mr. Uche Onwuchekwa, described the allegation as false and baseless.

The CEO reinstated that he bought the property from its original owner Godwin Dike in 2011 and the titles, including Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) were properly issued by the Imo State Ministry of Lands in July of the same year.

' In order to develop the property, I visited the site on January 27, only to be assaulted by Madumere’s younger brother, one Chijioke. He claimed that my ownership of the property had been revoked and that his brother (the deputy governor) is the new owner of the land'

“I reported the matter to the New Owerri Police Division but I did not get any justice. I took some steps further to forward petitions to the Office of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Abuja, and I was assured of adequate investigation.”

CEO also alleged that he was assaulted and brutalised a second time by Eze Madumere at the site during investigation by an official of NHRC, Owerri zonal office.

He said: “Following my petition to NHRC, an official of the commission invited me for on the-spot investigation on August 12. I arrived there about 9 am and I saw Chijioke having discussion with some policemen. On sighting me, they blocked me and asked me to wait till the arrival of the Deputy Governor.

“When the Deputy Governor arrived, he physically assaulted me. His security details too joined him in assaulting me and dragged me to a corner of the property where I was dealt with for claiming my property that the deputy governor try to steal with his position. They seized my phones and took me to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), where I was detained for more than four hours.

“Madumere’s brother lied to the police that I insulted his brother. A Senior Police officer in charge of the case told him that the matter was beyond the State command as it was already being investigated by the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

After the attack, I was hospitalised and treated cause I was bleeding from my left ear and discharged on January 28.

“I bought the property from its original owner with all the title and documents stamped by the Imo State Ministry of Lands intact. The explanation that the land had been revoked by the immediate past administration of former Governor Ikedi Ohakim is puerile because I used the land to secure a loan facility from the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Plc and the bank actually confirmed from the Ministry of Lands, Survey and Urban Development on February 26 that the land actually belongs to me, before granting me the loan.

This is a call on the Buhari's administration to be careful of the former Deputy Governor of Imo state Eze madumere as he doesn't pose to be a good public office holder, he only use his office for the oppression of ordinary Nigerians. And a cry to call him to order by the IGP,#Nigeriasenate #every necessary agency.

1 Share

Re: Former Imo Dep. Governor, Eze Madumere In Land Grabbing Mess,To Become Minister by Triton1996(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
Triton1996:

Former Imo state Deputy governor, Eze Madumere, in Land grabbing mess even as he seeks to become Buhari's Minister

The Former Deputy governor of Imo state, Prince Eze madumere is still neck deep in a messy fight to retain a land he forcefully(using his office as Chief of Staff and later Deputy Governor)stole from one Mr Chibuzor Edwin Okolie (CEO).

The former Imo State Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere is at the centre of a controversial land deal, which has pitched him against a businessman, Mr Chibuzor Edwin Okolie.(CEO).

CEO is the owner of Edizwinebar in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. From where he successfully operated his wine bar business and intend to extend same business to Owerri, Imo State Capital since 2012 but have been wickedly inhibited and assaulted by Eze Madumere in a property he bought before the then Rochas Okorocha administration came to power.

At a meeting with reporters in Lagos, CEO as he is fondly called by friends alleged that Madumere is still using his office/influence to oppress him over the property at Plot 104, Housing Area C, New Owerri, Imo State.

But, Madumere, through his media officer, Mr. Uche Onwuchekwa, described the allegation as false and baseless.

The CEO reinstated that he bought the property from its original owner Godwin Dike in 2011 and the titles, including Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) were properly issued by the Imo State Ministry of Lands in July of the same year.

' In order to develop the property, I visited the site on January 27, only to be assaulted by Madumere’s younger brother, one Chijioke. He claimed that my ownership of the property had been revoked and that his brother (the deputy governor) is the new owner of the land'

“I reported the matter to the New Owerri Police Division but I did not get any justice. I took some steps further to forward petitions to the Office of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Abuja, and I was assured of adequate investigation.”

CEO also alleged that he was assaulted and brutalised a second time by Eze Madumere at the site during investigation by an official of NHRC, Owerri zonal office.

He said: “Following my petition to NHRC, an official of the commission invited me for on the-spot investigation on August 12. I arrived there about 9 am and I saw Chijioke having discussion with some policemen. On sighting me, they blocked me and asked me to wait till the arrival of the Deputy Governor.

“When the Deputy Governor arrived, he physically assaulted me. His security details too joined him in assaulting me and dragged me to a corner of the property where I was dealt with for claiming my property that the deputy governor try to steal with his position. They seized my phones and took me to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), where I was detained for more than four hours.

“Madumere’s brother lied to the police that I insulted his brother. A Senior Police officer in charge of the case told him that the matter was beyond the State command as it was already being investigated by the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

After the attack, I was hospitalised and treated cause I was bleeding from my left ear and discharged on January 28.

“I bought the property from its original owner with all the title and documents stamped by the Imo State Ministry of Lands intact. The explanation that the land had been revoked by the immediate past administration of former Governor Ikedi Ohakim is puerile because I used the land to secure a loan facility from the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Plc and the bank actually confirmed from the Ministry of Lands, Survey and Urban Development on February 26 that the land actually belongs to me, before granting me the loan.

This is a call on the Buhari's administration to be careful of the former Deputy Governor of Imo state Eze madumere as he doesn't pose to be a good public office holder, he only use his office for the oppression of ordinary Nigerians. And a cry to call him to order by the IGP,#Nigeriasenate #every necessary agency.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Bello Budget 8 Billion To Spend On Items For Govt House. .. Aguda Disagrees / Ngwa Road Aba Now Pics / Ministerial Nominee: Oyo Reps Felicitate With Sunday Dare In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.