Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry (16869 Views)

Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit / Messi Is Not Ronaldo And He Would Struggle In PL, Says Ex-barca Star Petit / Thierry Henry Dressed In Igbo Traditional Attire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by obembet(f): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2019
A former team-mate of the man expected to return to Stamford Bridge in a coaching capacity has questioned the timing of a Premier League appointment.
Frank Lampard has been warned that a managerial post at Chelsea may have arrived “too soon”, with Emmanuel Petit expecting a Blues icon to face some uncomfortable questions – much like Thierry Henry did when taking the reins at Ligue 1 side Monaco.

It is expected a former favourite at Stamford Bridge will be brought back to west London as successor to Maurizio Sarri.

If that deal is done, then Lampard will take on a demanding Premier League post with just one year of coaching experience under his belt.

He did impress with Derby in 2018-19, leading them to the Championship play-off final, but a sizeable jump up the ladder is set to be made.

Petit, a former team-mate of Lampard at Chelsea, fears that the job about to be taken on by an ex-England international may be too big at this stage of his career, with Arsenal legend Henry held up as an example of how things can go wrong.

“Frank Lampard has many qualities. He’s a very dedicated person, who loves football and has total respect for his team-mates and managers. He is always ambitious,” a man who spent three years with Chelsea between 2001 and 2004 told Paddy Power.

“But somewhere in my mind I have a feeling the Chelsea job could have come too soon for him.

“We saw what he brought to Derby County, leading them to the play-offs, but that wasn’t the end of the story for them and they ended up failing to earn promotion. He’ll face increased expectation at Chelsea, and he knows this, having played for the club for so long.

“He has only just become a manager and needs more experience – with all due respect to Derby, it’s not the same managing them as Chelsea. The environment changes every time you go from one club to another. It’s a huge step for him, and you can’t manage the lives of the players at Stamford Bridge in the same way you can at Derby.

“I haven’t yet seen what his vision is as a manager. His Derby team were well organised and worked together, but tactically I want to see specific things from him in the dugout.

“Added to that, he’s arriving at Chelsea at a bad time because he may not have money to spend and Eden Hazard has already left the club. It could be a tough season for him.

“Frank will be respected because of his past initially – but modern players will always question their manager. They judge their managers all the time. They try to challenge your authority constantly and to question your vision on the pitch. The fact Lampard was a huge figure for Chelsea gives him the power to stand eye-to-eye with his players, who’ll respect him because of his past.

“After a while, they will begin to question his management: your team selection, your tactics, your training methods. We’ve seen what happened to Thierry Henry at Monaco and the same thing could happen to Frank.

“Lampard is a manager now and his decisions will have an impact on his players. The fans will get a huge boost from him being there – he’s a club legend – but if results don’t stand up even the supporters will challenge him. That could happen very quickly.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/lampard-could-go-the-same-way-as-henry-petit-fears-chelsea/1beh7h2m9sbs11mo5oosowvqhm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by bestpunterever: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
Wethin concern you?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Teewhy2: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
Henry was a failure because he thought he knows too much.
He was biting the finger that fed him, someone that was supposed to be taking managerial advice from wenger was blasting him every corner.

Do you have a space (supermarket, Shops, Hospital, Restaurants, Hotel, Home & room e.t.c)and its important to keep away from dust, or isolates the noise or air conditioning? This is the perfect product for you.
The Magnetic PVC curtains fits both outdoor and indoor space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QRRRfnBG7A

12 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Snowstorm: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
No way... angry
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Or guardiola . His uncle Rednapp was a good coach.

5 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by sparog(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
They will still sack him before the end of the season

grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by juliusocean(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Please do not have any dealings with this young man called emmanuel he is a fraudster and a thief he also claims to be a staff of airtel ng alimini and a graduate of futo pls beware 07035794359 07085742840 help save others

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Freedom of speech las las*
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Megabig: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Lol, whats the assurance that handling the team after will guarantee success? It an opportunity and he should see it as a challenge, let him try, there is nothing wrong in that, what matters is that he believes he can do it, so he should do it....Up Liverpool btw

8 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Bustincole(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
I hope Lampard wont regret dis...

The post of managerial job in Chelsea is like workin under the sun everyday

6 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by richfriendsng: 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
Na so

I can create a blog or website and an app with free hosting for one year with 20k only, for the lucky 5 persons to chat me up , hurry while the offer lasts.

1 Like

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by MVLOX(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
He could also be a serial winner as a coach after all he was a serial winner as a player....he has a winning mentality

2 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by grandstar(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2019
Being an awesome player does not make you an awesome manager.

Maradona, despite his GOAT status to some, he proved an incompetent football manager.

Only a few can make the cut. Only few can be a Zidane!

6 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by enemyofprogress: 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
A failure has just been signed. Relegation loading grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by enemyofprogress: 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
MVLOX:
He could also be a serial winner as coach after all he serial winner as a player
yinmu
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by osejie17(m): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
lampard should recall dos players on loan. since d club is on ban on buying of players. and am sure with lampard their will be a good working relationship among the players
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Mydazz(m): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Chelsea FC is way bigger than Lampard at the moment,...... Evena an experienced manager will find it hard to coach the club at this time, not to talk of a One Season Derby County coach that couldn't take the club to Championship.

1 Like

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by ichidodo: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Just the mind games involved in the EPL will bury Lampard.
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by chukwuibuipob: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
sad sad sad sad why dey nor dash Arsenal dem
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by seunfly: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Sonnobax15(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
As chelsea fans,we all know this...but petit should as well reason that lampard could also perform well just like zidane...in football,the certainty of the unbelievable is hiqh..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by sammhi(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
richfriendsng:
Na so

I can create a blog or website and an app with free hosting for one year with 5k only, for the lucky 5 persons to chat me up on 090 737 327 48, hurry while the offer lasts.
Fraud
Beware ...
The man is only after your 5k
Most of these web site developers on nairaland asking for peanuts to build websites are nothing but scams
Don't be a victim

9 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by richfriendsng: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
sammhi:

Fraud
Beware ...
The man is only after your 5k
Most of these web site developers on nairaland asking for peanuts to build websites are nothing but scams
Don't be a victim
Why do people derive so much joy in spoiling people's business, why can't you see and move on, If you pay and I didn't get your blog and app ready before a day runs out report me to any law enforcement agents, I create professional websites way above that amount but I am currently on promo for some reasons known to me alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2019
He can also go the way of Roberto Matteo and win the champions league for Chelsea or the way of a trophyless Sarri that got his first trophy at his first and only season with Chelsea despite decades of so called football managerial experience with no trophy to show for it.

The worst that can happen is for Lampard not to win any trophy just like Tottenhams pochetino and all other top club managers with no trophy cabinet's to show for despite being coaches since the day River Niger discovered Mongo Park.

10 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Sonofthunder9(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
richfriendsng:

Why do people derive so much joy in spoiling people's business, why can't you see and move on, If you pay and I didn't get your blog and app ready before a day runs out report me to any law enforcement agents, I create professional websites way above that amount but I am currently on promo for some reasons known to me alone.
For 5k only
Bro u can lie for Africa
U are a scammer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by ojuu4u(m): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
What about zidane ? With little managerial experience as a youth coach , he came to biggest club in the world with array of gatatico and he conquered Europe for 3 consecutive years. The same applied for man city coach during his time at barca.
Where one fails, others may triumph. Human beings have been thinking negatively since the days of CAIN

2 Likes

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Thebwoy: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mydazz:
Chelsea FC is way bigger than Lampard at the moment,...... Evena an experienced manager will find it hard to coach the club at this time, not to talk of a One Season Derby County coach that couldn't take the club to Championship.

Same Derby won man united even with their over experienced coach.
I know u are afraid lampard is now Chelsea coach grin
Don't worry Chelsea go take am easy when trashing other EPL clubs.

1 Like

Re: Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry by Soso990240(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
I know for this 2019/2020 season that Lampard will fail.. but I hope he gets d kind of player he needs in d coming season 2020/2021.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.