Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Jumia Is SCAM - My Story - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Is SCAM - My Story (5824 Views)

Ntel Unlimited Data Plans! Truly Unlimited Or A Scam? My Experience! / Jumia Is Giving Out 10 Iphone XS Max At #4,200 Each / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by frugal(m): 5:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Deicide:
Lol, i did make a complaint to jumia but got so angry i deleted everything. Anyways i have learned my lessons. For those of you saying i was lying why would i lie because of how much?
There you go. 2TB external hard drives go for between 28k-35k. So this was a very suspicious deal to begin with. That said, Jumia accepts returns for defective or wrong products. Follow up with them, and get the item returned.
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by partnerbizz5(f): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2019
abdeiz:
Why don't you lodge a complaint to jumia tagging the the vendor or however it works in there?

Next time trying making a video of you unboxing the package and testing it. Might be stressful but worth it for high value products.

Better luck next time.

Seems that helps in such claims?
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Thorby(m): 6:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Deicide:
Lol, i did make a complaint to jumia but got so angry i deleted everything. Anyways i have learned my lessons. For those of you saying i was lying why would i lie because of how much?
You bought the wrong hard drive of course.
I bought this from Jumia as well
Which cost 25k+ and it works fine

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Deicide: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2019
frugal:

There you go. 2TB external hard drives go for between 28k-35k. So this was a very suspicious deal to begin with. That said, Jumia accepts returns for defective or wrong products. Follow up with them, and get the item returned.
Thorby:

The reason the price was this low was because they were doing Easter promo then so this was the Easter price. The original price was about 35k.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by BluntBoy(m): 9:27am On Jul 05, 2019
harizonal123:
Jumia is a platform for selling and any body could sell there. You have good and defective products there just like any market by place. You story sounds very childish cos u didn't make any complain to jumia and u probably distroyed the pack while opening. I buy goods from jumia every day& the ones that are defective I package the way it came and return immediately without trying to repair including the international ones. Best place ever to shop online .Ask questions next time

NOTE: I am not the OP

Jumia does not listen to complaints. There are too many defective products being displayed, especially with wrong descriptions to fool unsuspecting customers.

When you order defective products or buy a product based on false titles, and you complain to Jumia, they promise to come take it but they never do.

So, I think it is in place to shame them here since they don't respect that return policy on their website.

I have never had a good experience with Jumia. I have bought a blender, a solar power bank and a phone. Each product did not last a month or two. The phone, especially, came in low against the title and description it was given on the seller's display space. In spite of the fact that I bought it as a second phone to my main phone and used it lightly without any downloads (just for calls), it packed up within 2 months.

I know that many of these products are not sold by Jumia and are only displayed on their store, but then it behoves on Jumia to institute thorough monitoring for the sake of their constumers. I trust on online stores when I do business and so I expect them to protect my interest.

Konga is far better.

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Gtoyo(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2019
OP so sorry for that. Jumia can be so funny sometimes.
I have 2TB and I want to sell, still new.
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by ScotMisile: 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
I don't know if there is Sugar and Honey when typing scam on mobile phones
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
You are not alone. If Jumia is not careful these guys will ruin them. My laptop is not even up to a year and both hinges are broken. The Windows is fake. It took me three months to realise this. After spending over 130k not only was I given the wrong colour but an inferior piece. Touchscreen went bad in two months. Now I'm thinking of getting another laptop. Less than a year o! Smh. I think these guys package fake and sell for the original piece. How they do it I don't know. I also think the Xiaomi I bought last february is also cloned. What a pity! They will ruin that company.

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

Jumia does not listen to complaints. There are too many defective products being displayed, especially with wrong descriptions to fool unsuspecting customers.

When you order defective products or buy a product based on false titles, and you complain to Jumia, they promise to come take it but they never do.

So, I think it is in place to shame them here since they don't respect that return policy on their website.

I have never had a good experience with Jumia. I have bought a blender, a solar power bank and a phone. Each product did not last a month or two. The phone, especially, came in low against the title and description it was given on the seller's display space. In spite of the fact that I bought it as a second phone to my main phone and used it lightly without any downloads (just for calls), it packed up within 2 months.

I know that many of these products are not sold by Jumia and are only displayed on their store, but then it behoves on Jumia to institute thorough monitoring for the sake of their constumers. I trust on online stores when I do business and so I expect them to protect my interest.

Konga is far better.
I only pity them. As it stands now I can't buy anything from any Nigerian online store. The number of inferior things they sell is gargantuan. So many fake things and you often realise what you have is a fake after two to three months of usage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Deicide: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
Na everyday person day learn sad
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Muwale: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2019
I bought the same external harddrive but I have not tested it because when I read it compatibility, the minimum requirement is windows vista. It is not compatible with linux too. You should try insta.ling on at least windows vista.
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
MrTrend:
Do I really believe in Jumia products?

Oh 'NO'

Do you know why?
why?
Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Thorby:

Why will jumia permit fake items to be display in it platform?

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
BluntBoy:

Konga is far better.
I don't hear complain about konga.It is jumia every time.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is SCAM - My Story by Thorby(m): 6:31am On Jul 07, 2019
comshots:
Why will jumia permit fake items to be display in it platform?
How will they know?
There are fake products on Aliexpress, Ebay, Amazon etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Letter To My Nokia E-7 / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro Users Pls Comment / My Conversation With Chinese People Over Hauwei,xiaomi And Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.