Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? (380 Views)

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre / Can Date Of Birth On WAEC Be Corrected? / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 05, 2019
Please I need help and guidance. The date of birth on my WAEC certificate is a year less than my actual date of birth. I'd like to rectify this but do not know how to go about it as it's been 5 years since. Though no move has been made to do so but by mistake, I registered for JAMB with my real DOB and with the said WAEC certificate. My score's okay but as it is, I have conflicting DOBs. Please what is/are the right step(s) to undergo now. Mods please help me move this to front page. Thanks a lot.
Re: How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by shadelek(m): 7:22am On Jul 05, 2019
I've seen cases like this, there was a guy who sat for waec in 2011 and still had his dob corrected. All what you need to do is visit the nearest waec office around you and go with your original dob certificate or declaration of age obtained from court then you're good to go. All the best dear
Re: How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 05, 2019
shadelek:
I've seen cases like this, there was a guy who sat for waec in 2011 and still had his dob corrected. All what you need to do is visit the nearest waec office around you and go with your original dob certificate or declaration of age obtained from court then you're good to go. All the best dear

Thanks a great deal. Stay blessed
Re: How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by sholex1: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2019
shadelek:

will he be issued another waec certificate as to effect the change?
Re: How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by shadelek(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2019
sholex1:

I don't think so. I think waec doesn't issue certificate twice. He'll be presented with s document as to the effect of the dob
Re: How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2019
sholex1:

Was hoping so. Thanks for asking
Re: How Do I Correct An Erroneous Date Of Birth On My Waec Certificate? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2019
shadelek:

I don't think so. I think waec doesn't issue certificate twice. He'll be presented with s document as to the effect of the dob

Either ways, just need something to validate my DoB and admission standing. For now and for future's sake. The latter'll even be easier for me as I won't need to upload any new certificate to JAMB's website, it'll just be sorting it out with my prospective institution during document verification.
Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

How To Study A Masters Degree In Finland For International Students / The Secret Of Turning On Prosperity In Your Life / Any Guru Done This Before? I Need Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.