Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre (43283 Views)

2018 National Open University NYSC BATCH - A / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Which Course Can I Study With My Waec Result In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Gjrich(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

A Nigerian graduate, Olutimain Ilenre, has narrated why he burnt his original certificates.

The History and International Studies graduate from Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) in Oyo State set his certificates on fire.

Ilenre burnt his Bachelor of Arts, West African Examinations Council (WAEC), University Degree and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Certificates.

In a video released on social media on Monday, Ilenre said he burnt his certificates due to a lack of a job, adding that the current situation in the country has rendered his certificates useless.

“To get a certificate in this country is like a waste of time,” he lamented.

The Nigerian graduate added that even when travelling out of the country, the certificates are rendered useless.

He noted that he had been unable to sleep in the last week after he recalled that all the jobs he had done for the past 13 years were jobs for which his certificates were not needed.

Ilenre, therefore, advised Nigerian youth to learn handwork due to the country’s present realities and urged parents to empower their children to learn handwork and trade.

“I finished school in 2010 and did my NYSC in 2010/2011; till today, I haven’t used these certificates to get a job,” Ilenre said

Naija News

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7909183/unemployment-nigerian-graduate-burns-certificates

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by FuckingMachine: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nobody cares.
I wan Bleep.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Royaltyy: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He might regret his actions later

251 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by illicit(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2023
Na ur palava sha

🤷

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Absuchat(m): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
3rd class certificate burnt....no big deal

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Houseontherock1: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
He made a mistake undecided

21 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by LegendHero(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
Money miss road.

You went to a private school where you pay nothing less than 500k per session which makes it like 2 - 2.5m all through your school.

Then you came out to burn your certificate after that because you couldn’t get a job.

This guy is very very intelligent. By the way, why is he wearing “Buhari Must Go”?

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Bobloco: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
“To get a certificate in this country is like a waste of time,” he lamented.

True! It's a waste of time especially when you realize that the current president Forged certificates and was discovered to be a guinea pig student of government college lagos used to test run the school four years before it was founded.

It's quite disheartening

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
grin

Another frustrated Nigerian who doesn't know that going to school is about training your mind for life challenges. grin.

They likes of them are proud to be washing toilets in Europe.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Racoon(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
So sad! So many of them abound across this nation. I met a PHD holder driving UBER the other day.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Xscape1993(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
Childish behaviour...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Vinnie2000(m): 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
See some of our Agbadorians up there yarning Nonsense as usual.😏😕

Simple Truth is Nigeria has been DESTROYED beyond repair by APC/Buhari/Tinubua and Many are frustrated. 😔😒😒

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by mightyhaze: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
Laminated Color Photocopies..

I like his format.. he go soon blow cool

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Maize247(f): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

Forget story

5 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Throwback: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2023
The History and International Studies graduate from Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) in Oyo State set his certificates on fire.

Many already suspected he is one of those who studied a discipline that is not very employable. Then a private university that has no standing in the Labour Market like Covenant, Babcock or Afe Babalola.

If he has never worked a job that is relevant to the discipline since 2010 when he graduated, it is a learning opportunity not to study for the sake of university admission or to graduate anyhow for the sake of certificate.

The very stupid action was burning his O'level certificate that would always be required for any other undergraduate study he choses to embark on to align his career experiences with an academic qualification.

In all he has helped to eliminate himself from contention, so that other job applicants can move forward with more ease.

University education is not required for selling hair wigs and extensions on Facebook or "Fashion Design" better known as tailoring, or carpentary/furniture business, or selling cosmetics or operating a barber shop or betting shop.

Pursue whatever vocation that will bring you money and avoid a delay of 5 or 6 years just to obtain a useless certificate just because you want to feel among.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Blue3k(m): 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Lol It will be time and money spent if he wants to replace these documents. Hopefully he felt great after burning these items.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by wirinet(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
Throwback:

Many already suspected he is one of those who studied a discipline that is not very employable. Then a private university that has no standing in the Labour Market like Covenant, Babcock or Afe Babalola.

If he has never worked a job that is relevant to the discipline since 2010 when he graduated, it is a learning opportunity not to study for the sake of university admission or to graduate anyhow for the sake of certificate.

The very stupid action was burning his O'level certificate that would always be required for any other undergraduate study he choses to embark on to align his career experiences with an academic qualification

In all he has helped to eliminate himself from contention, so that other job applicants can move forward with more ease.

University education is not required for selling hair wigs and extensions on Facebook or "Fashion Design, or carpentary/furniture business, or selling cosmetics or operating a barber shop or betting shop.

Pursue whatever vocation that will bring you money and avoid a delay of 5 or 6 years just to obtain a useless certificate just because you want to feel among.

He did not burn his O Level certificate.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Throwback: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
wirinet:

He did not burn his O Level certificate.

The report said he burnt it.

He burnt it all.

Ilenre burnt his Bachelor of Arts, West African Examinations Council (WAEC), University Degree and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Certificates.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Inspirer1: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
mightyhaze:
Laminated Color Photocopies..

I like his format.. he go soon blow cool

Exactly, he only made coloured photocopy and laminated it

I'm surprised he got many deceived by it despite the fact that it was quite obvious, white boundary on the 'certificates' as well as white back page undecided

17 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
Racoon:
So sad! So many of them abound across this nation. I met a PHD holder driving UBER the other day.

What did he earn his degree in? I'm sure that would explain alot.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Chinjo2: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
If you find out very well, you will discover that he even voted for APC in the last election.

The regime no favour him and his family again?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by YesDaddy1: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Chinjo2: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
Royaltyy:

Abeg which kind hadwork requires you to present your certificate before congrats are awarded to you?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Akinboboz(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
Its his choice and his desire but he shouldn't crying over it later on.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by asanausana91: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Royaltyy:

12 years after graduating no job. When do you think he will need it? This is a message and a disgrace to the government.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by ghettochild(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Throwback:

The very stupid action was burning his O'level certificate that would always be required for any other undergraduate study he choses to embark on to align his career experiences with an academic qualification.

University education is not required for selling hair wigs and extensions on Facebook or "Fashion Design" better known as tailoring, or carpentary/furniture business, or selling cosmetics or operating a barber shop or betting shop.

Oga remove Babcock from that list jor. U know nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by propsvilla2: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
I think it was as a result of poor orientation. You are not just going to school to look for job at the 3nd but to become a problem solver too. The mindset of average Nigerian student is study then job.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Throwback: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
ghettochild:

Oga remove Babcock from that list jor. U know nothing.

Babcock is actually the last of the 3 private universities I mentioned, but certainly better than anyone I did not mention.

The school that has really impressed me is Afe Babalola.

Their Engineering programme is quite strong and the graduates are highly employable.

But Covenant University still stands ahead of all private universities and has now established itself as a strong competitor among the elite public universities.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by CJStarz: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
Las las his village people don finally play koso for im head. Na now he go start to dey receive letter for interview from Shell and Chevron.
Mumu man🤣

5 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
he can order another....he just has to pay for new printin....
the university has his records....

stvpid idioot....

international affairs for what....??
to sell fish in the market....??

professions that nobody needs in nigeria and abroad its not accepted....

learn skills that people need in nigeria....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by tsdarkside(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
tahh....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / Chisom Chukwuneke Talking About Chronic Myeliod Leukemia Before Her Death: Video / What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.