Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,160 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Depression. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depression. (461 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Lady Shares Transformation Photo After Almost Committing Suicide Over Depression / Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression. by Mouthpis(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Dear Nairalanders

For those who have been through something like this before, how did u handle it? I will try to summarize it.

Things have not been adding up for me.

My life, academics, finance, friends have not helped matters either.

Of late, suicidal thoughts started crossing my mind.

On several occasions I have felt there is no point living when one cannot just live a simple life without much trauma.

I read news of people committing suicide with sniper and at a point I was contemplating it as an easy route to just be free, after all its very cheap and can be found in virtually all stores in the neighborhood.

The thing is, I am an introvert and I stay alone.

I am a go-getter kind of guy but, things have become so hard with pressures coming from all angles.

I think I am loosing it gradually, because now, I am not scared of just ending it on like before, the boldness and strong heart to do it is increasing by the day.

Everyday I return home alone, and all through the nights several thoughts of just ending it the easy way keeps popping up.

Nairaland is a place where I come to laugh at peoples comments and try to forget all the hassles of life with me whenever I feel I am beginning to have that feelings. So it's the only thing that keeps me company most times.

Today, I need your help and advice on what to do to stay alive for those who loves me. I don't know what next will happen as I seems not to be in control of this thing anymore.

To the mods, if this is not the right place for this, kindly help push to where it will meet the required audience.

Kindly advice.
Re: Depression. by thorpido(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2019
You say you are an introvert but you need to be 'out' more.Develop friendships with people on your street, neighborhood and around your school.Try to work with other students and even your lecturers to solve your academic challenges.
If you attend a church or mosque,join a group and be active there.

You have a Maker,pray to Him and seek Him.

1 Like

Re: Depression. by 151487made(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2019
Please!!! I beg u in the name of whatever u believe in not to think of suicide.

1 Like

Re: Depression. by Mouthpis(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2019
thorpido:
You say you are an introvert but you need to be 'out' more.Develop friendships with people on your street, neighborhood and around your school.Try to work with other students and even your lecturers to solve your academic challenges.
If you attend a church or mosque,join a group and be active there.

You have a Maker,pray to Him and seek Him.

Not really a student at the moment.
Re: Depression. by Mouthpis(m): 8:21am On Jul 05, 2019
151487made:
Please!!! I beg u in the name of whatever u believe in not to think of suicide.

I am trying not to do that but, like I said, it keeps coming, I can't control it anymore and that is why I opened this thread.

Am scared for myself. Never been this bad.
Re: Depression. by catwalq(f): 10:19am On Jul 05, 2019
Whenever you get that suicidal thought, tell yourself that you will live and do good. Even if you have to say it out loud,trust me it works.

Positive reaffirmations are poisons to negativity. I wish you peace sir.

1 Like

Re: Depression. by ThothHermes: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2019
catwalq:
Whenever you get that suicidal thought, tell yourself that you will live and do good. Even if you have to say it out loud,trust me it works.

Positive reaffirmations are catalysts to negativity. I wish you peace sir

Something is not right here

1 Like

Re: Depression. by catwalq(f): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
ThothHermes:

Something is not right here

Duly noted and edited. 10Q
Re: Depression. by Mouthpis(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2019
catwalq:

Positive reaffirmations are poisons to negativity. I wish you peace sir.

Thank you. I will give this a try

(1) (Reply)

Don't Make It Seem Like He Is Pleading For Sex / ‘my Husband Drops N500 To Take Care Of Our Five Kids, I Want A Divorce’ / How To Monitor A Suspicious Partner Whatsapp Messages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.