Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) (707 Views)

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Train Derailment In Montana, USA: Three Dead, Fifty Injured / Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2019

This is a section of the railway track at the Yaba bus stop axis of Lagos state.

The condition of the track there calls for urgent attention.

The tracks there has almost assumed a subterranean structure, as it has almost become buried underneath the track surface.

The concern is that this can cause a track shift – a situation where the track doesn’t align with other section. This can prove to be dangerous as it can cause a derailment or other train mishap.

Even more worrisome is the fact that that particular section is very busy with human activities.

Incidences of train derailments are not uncommon on railway tracks in Lagos state.

Trains derail for a number of reasons, of which the mechanical failure or defect of a track component (for example broken rails, gauge spread due to sleeper (tie) failure).

Can the condition of the Yaba Bus stop railway tracks be a disaster waiting to occur?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/an-this-condition-of-the-railway-track-cause-a-derailment-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by tck2000(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2019
FTC
Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by youngsahito(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2019
buhari should be blame for this
Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by Treasure17(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
People in charge should fix this asap to prevent avoidable disaster.
Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by Harlem2(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
I blame those dirty traders
Government should create ways of dealing with them
Pigs

1 Like

Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by Graduateacher(f): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
If this rail track was in my village you won't see dirt like this. People living in Lagos are very dirty.
Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by Teewhy2: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
Nobody will do anything now until we here stories that touch the heart, then you will start seeing different bloggers disturbing us with stories.
Re: Can This Condition Of The Railway Track At Yaba Cause A Derailment? (PHOTOS) by tillaman(m): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2019
@AutojoshNG am sorry for quoting you here please I need your help,I just started a farming business (poulty and catfish and plantation etc) so I am in dire need of a truck (tundra)but not too expensive please may I know the range of a tokunbo tundra I like to get one ASAP cause it’s really affecting @Gazzuzz please i like to know if you can help too it’s very important thank you

P.S I don’t mind Nigeria use too so long as it won’t give me any problem then am fine with it

(1) (Reply)

Any Country At Africa To Study / Wow! Awka Is Ready For The Xmas [photos] / See The True State Of The Enugu Airport Commissioned By The Minister Of Aviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.