Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail (26874 Views)

Senator Elisha Abbo Breaks Silence On Alleged Assault Inside Abuja gadget Shop / Senator Elisha Abbo Responds To Video Of Him Assaulting A Nursing Mother / Video Of Senator Elisha Abbo Assaulting A Woman Inside store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by wirinet(m): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
Moventist:
Use people in this country. Omo-agege consengrated the temple of democracy he is rewarded the deputy senate president . Double standard
I make no case for Omo Agege, but you are comparing apples to oranges.
First, there was no video recording of Omo Agege personally carrying the mace from senate chambers, it was carried by unknown thugs. Before Omo Agege can be implicated, the various levels of security at the national assembly must first be implicated and the the thugs seen carrying the mace must be apprehended, and then confess that Omo Agege sent them.

Secondly, the actions were carried out on the floor of the Senate. Nigeria senate (and house or houses of assembly ) has legislative immunity. They can not be prosecuted for actions taken on the floor of the Senate (or house). Remember the rivers case where Chidi Lloyd used honorable chinda's head for baseball practice. Nothing came out of it, even though pdp was in power, because of legislative immunity.
How many times have legislators fought and slapped each other on the Senate or House floor?

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by udeme67(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
Pure lie, why is there no proof or video to show he was at the police custody

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by breezeng: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
The offence he committed is bailable, so why are you people complaining that he should not be released on bail. The police has done the right thing. If the complainant press forward his complain, he will be charged but if not, the case is a gunner.
The judge can't do anything without evidence. My thinking though, cause am not a lawyer
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by CeeJay9ja(m): 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
King44:
if he is your brother would you wish for him to be stripped of his position go sit down jare u acting as if you haven't beaten a girl befor for assaulting you or other reasons
No, I haven't sad

And he was not assaulted. So what is your point?
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by lukui: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
when the devil wants to romance with you, he sends a woman!!!!!!
women oya start fighting!!!!!!!
see them!!! see them!!!!!
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by 2018PROFSUNDAY: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sorry to say you are not suppose to be a Senator.Well we are in Nigeria thug fighting senator,

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by swetjo(f): 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
Spoilt child
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by King44(m): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
dia4iam:
Sadists you say? In better climes, he would have done the needful since... but in Nigeria, well, in Nigeria. Btw, Shey if it was your mother that was assaulted that way, would you be happy until he got served his due punishment? It is easy to say these things man, but it is not half as easy to experience them. Well, if you are inclined towards the notion that some animals are more equal than others though, you and your opinion is vindicated He would not be a good example/ deterrent up until justice gets served to term.
abegi if it happened to my mother and afterwards he apologized and it was a sincere apology I am dropping all contains and charges against him I am not God let's learn to forgive, it won't bring me happiness to see him stripped off of his position after his restitution, in those civilized country you made reference to I would say yes of course they would have stripped him, It always bring them joy to see people in power fall for some unreasonable reasons, I have watched a live program where a prospective minister was not allowed to take a ministerial position because his friend o not even him attempted to rape a girl when he was in high school and a lot of allegations were brought against him but only one which was credible but he wasn't among but was just watching, it's their culture to bring people down no forgiveness but I would rather see looters stripped of their position and held up in jail but non of that is happening not even a protest, it's not worth the punishment anymore
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by King44(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
CeeJay9ja:

No, I haven't sad

And he was not assaulted. So what is your point?
you said no! even if you just maltreated a girl before coming online to comment would you talk ehn?

He was not assaulted sure but did you know what manner of things her friend she was defending said to him, from the little I know abt the issue... its like a customer vomited in the ladies shop probably the owner of the shop got angry and probably insulted the person who vomited who knows whether he was trying to defend the customer and harsh insults came out of the shop owners mouth and out of anger he wanted to deal with her and before he could her friend defended her and the while slap issue came up, who knows? bro let him be who knows if probably you were abbo you would have done worse

He has apologized
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by Daisy17: 1:36am On Jul 06, 2019
ghost3040:
Y'all above me calling for his head should chill abeg..He's a Senator of the Federal Republic for crying out loud..the lady got what she deserved, U don't talk to a distinguished senator in such manner..

You're really a ghost because your brain is dead.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by hybridblood07(m): 7:09am On Jul 06, 2019
Including your family members
ghost3040:
Thunder fire u.!!
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by gbishman: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2019
I bet you this would be the last we will hear of this case. Nigeria oh my Nigeria
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by karma2000: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2019
Rubbish
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by awoluyi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
If Senator Abbo is not prosecuted for this alleged crime, I will suggest that the quoted clause below should be part of every law our lawmakers would be making henceforth;

"That no accused person should be prosecuted for any offense committed once such an offender tenders an apology before commencement of trial, and that no money should be paid to bail an offender in police custody just as it is being the current practice."

This will reduce the rate of crimes in Nigeria and in turn force citizens to become law abiding!
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by DedeNkem: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
1zynnvn:
This man has tendered an apology, Nigerians are still out for blood, if all your wrong doings were captured with a CCTV and shared on social media.

He ONLY apologized because he was caught!
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by Lovelive: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
1zynnvn:
This man has tendered an apology, Nigerians are still out for blood, if all your wrong doings were captured with a CCTV and shared on social media.
On this I am with you. You said it all. It's unfortunate that some mirror themselves as Saints in a matter like this.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Released On Bail by airborne007(m): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
bastards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Before Apc Falls Apart" - Dele Momodu / Anambra leading indigenous industrialized state and West Africa’s Trade Centre / Bola Adegunloye: Sanwo-Olu Will Betray Tinubu, Leading To Hypertension, Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.