Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? (2889 Views)

Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
Does Ifa support or condemn idol worshiping?

This is an important question needing knowledgeable answer.

Kindly shed more light on this
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by OJODEL10(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
let me sit down here
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Oshin56(m): 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
Very interesting question
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
Oshin56:
Very interesting question

Any prior knowledge on the subject?
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Oshin56(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
bilms:

Any prior knowledge on the subject?
we are waiting for people like you to shield more light to it
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lol
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by aremuforlife(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
It depends on what you mean by idol worshipping
The 2 leading religions makes us believed that if you don't belong to either of the religion, you are automatic an idol worshippers.
IFA is a religion and ways of life of a particular race and it's an intermediary between mankind and OLODUMARE.
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
aremuforlife:
It depends on what you mean by idol worshipping
The 2 leading religions makes us believed that if you don't belong to either of the religion, you are automatic an idol worshippers.
IFA is a religion and ways of life of a particular race and it's an intermediary between mankind and OLODUMARE.

Please do not bring any other religion into this discuss. This is strictly about ifa.

Secondly, whatever your definition of idol worshiping is, does ifa support or condemn idol worshiping?
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by aremuforlife(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
[/quote][quote author=bilms post=79979616]

Please do not bring any other religion into this discuss. This is strictly about ifa.

Secondly, whatever your definition of idol worshiping is, does ifa support or condemn idol worshiping?
I'm not trying to bring any other religions here but only references to the religion that makes our religion to look like idol worshipping.
IFA does not support idol worshipping because it emphasises much on OLODUMARE.
Though there other gods like the "ORISA".
The orisa are not worshipped, they are only been appeased.
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Opiletool(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2019
Below is a comment from Celestial777 made in another similar thread.

"Ifa loba
Orisa losin
Eledumare nikan lo to gbe okan Le

Odu irete
Ifa condemn idol worshiping
Ori ni a ba bo..a ba fi Orisa sile...ijo
Ti ori ngbeni nibo ni Orisa wa

Let's now talk about Orisa
What is an Orisa? Orisa is someone great that has live on earth before.
Awon ti ori sa so to
That is why you get the term orisa
Is like using the name of baba Oyedepo to pray
Like God of Oyedepo
So Orisa is a medium to get to Eledumare Agotun
Like in Catholic each profession has its own patron saint.
E.g saint Peter patron of fishermen
Saint Thomas Aquinos patron of sailors
So Saint Ogun is Patron of blacksmith and welders

Eledumare only is to be worshipped....the means is now left with you.
I chose to go through Christ for a reason cos
The story of creation said Eledumare and His only son word (oro) were the only one present when the world was about to be created.
Eji ogbe say so
And my Bible said the same
2. Secondly it is only Jesus that knows what happens when we die ..i mean after life
The Prophet Mohammed s.a.w
Said he dont know what will happen to him at death but Sheikh Ali and the rest should always pray for him...
3. Ifa said the good Priest and all those that venerated there Ifa well well while on earth will have surplus to eat at imere
That is why when a babalawo want to give kudos to his late boss he will say ...ki awo ire ma je ni imere
4.Jesus said in my Father's house there are many mansion there if no be so i will not say so

Listen that never mean I condemn any religion cos I know there are predestined Muslim and predestined ifa priest as well.
Well to me i know they will make heaven..very sure cos they are predestined.
Someone said what about Orumila
Baba is just a witness when humans are choosing destiny
Eleri ipin.....means witness to Destiny"
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 9:14am On Jul 06, 2019
I need someone who can give us an extensive explanation on the sunject
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
grin
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bluke(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
bluke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExKGqmnRfuM

watch from 13.00

Thank you. May her soul rest in peace.

I have been looking for her books but couldn't find it.
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 1:38am On Jul 09, 2019
IFA'S TAKE ON IDOL WORSHIPING

Ao le be igi ni igbo
We can't cut a tree from the forest

Ko wa di olowo eni
And it becomes our commander

Orere ko le ni iyi to eni to gbe
A craft can't be more prestigious than the crafter

Oni oju
It has eyes

Ko le ri iran
But it can't see

Oni ese
It has legs

Ko le sare
But can't run

Ifa loba
Ifa is the overseer

Orisa losin
The gifted are the messenger

Olodumare ni kan lo to gbekele
Only the creator can be relied upon

Ori ni a ba ma bo
We should rather worship the maker

A ba fi Orisa sile
And leave the gifted people

Ni ijo Ti ori ngbeni
While the creator is aiding us

Nibo ni Orisa wa
Where are the gifted one's?

Can someone please translate the Yoruba into a more appropriate and acceptable English language?
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by 2mch(m): 6:18am On Jul 09, 2019
So, how come people started worshipping the Orisha. How can I get my hands on the Ifa Odus
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2019
Orisa are not worshipped
Orisa cannot be worshipped
Orisa are merely gifted people
Who were blessed with some unique skills
They are heroes and heroines of that time
That's why they called them orisa
Ori sa (the selected)
Literally,
Ori means head
Sa means selected
Orisa means someone selected by his head
Ori in Yoruba philosophy is used for eleda, the maker
So, orisa simply means the one selected by the maker

In other words, orisa are messengers
Through which people believe they can pass message to God
That's why we have many Orisa's, each with his own gift

3 Likes

Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by macof(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Opiletool:
Below is a comment from Celestial777 made in another similar thread.

"Ifa loba
Orisa losin
Eledumare nikan lo to gbe okan Le

Odu irete
Ifa condemn idol worshiping
Ori ni a ba bo..a ba fi Orisa sile...ijo
Ti ori ngbeni nibo ni Orisa wa

Let's now talk about Orisa
What is an Orisa? Orisa is someone great that has live on earth before.
Awon ti ori sa so to
That is why you get the term orisa
Is like using the name of baba Oyedepo to pray
Like God of Oyedepo
So Orisa is a medium to get to Eledumare Agotun
Like in Catholic each profession has its own patron saint.
E.g saint Peter patron of fishermen
Saint Thomas Aquinos patron of sailors
So Saint Ogun is Patron of blacksmith and welders

Eledumare only is to be worshipped....the means is now left with you.
I chose to go through Christ for a reason cos
The story of creation said Eledumare and His only son word (oro) were the only one present when the world was about to be created.
Eji ogbe say so
And my Bible said the same
2. Secondly it is only Jesus that knows what happens when we die ..i mean after life
The Prophet Mohammed s.a.w
Said he dont know what will happen to him at death but Sheikh Ali and the rest should always pray for him...
3. Ifa said the good Priest and all those that venerated there Ifa well well while on earth will have surplus to eat at imere
That is why when a babalawo want to give kudos to his late boss he will say ...ki awo ire ma je ni imere
4.Jesus said in my Father's house there are many mansion there if no be so i will not say so

Listen that never mean I condemn any religion cos I know there are predestined Muslim and predestined ifa priest as well.
Well to me i know they will make heaven..very sure cos they are predestined.
Someone said what about Orumila
Baba is just a witness when humans are choosing destiny
Eleri ipin.....means witness to Destiny"

Be deceiving yourself. There is no babaláwo I know who can confirm the existence of any Ese Ifá saying anything like Olódùmarè having a son, much less one named ọrọ (word). Eji ogbe is too popular for this to be ignored by many if such Ese Ifá existed
Clever way to try to link ifá to John 1:1
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by macof(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2019
bilms:

IFA'S TAKE ON IDOL WORSHIPING

Ao le be igi ni igbo
We can't cut a tree from the forest

Ko wa di olowo eni
And it becomes our commander

Orere ko le ni iyi to eni to gbe
A craft can't be more prestigious than the crafter

Oni oju
It has eyes

Ko le ri iran
But it can't see

Oni ese
It has legs

Ko le sare
But can't run

Ifa loba
Ifa is the overseer king

Orisa losin
The gifted are the messenger
[
Olodumare ni kan lo to gbekele
Only the creator can be relied upon

Ori ni a ba ma bo
We should rather worship the maker

A ba fi Orisa sile
And leave the gifted people

Ni ijo Ti ori ngbeni
While the creator is aiding us

Nibo ni Orisa wa
Where are the gifted one's?

Can someone please translate the Yoruba into a more appropriate and acceptable English language?

I have always known the saying to be "ifá loba, Orunmila losin" = Ifá is king, Orunmila is Supreme

I hope you realize that Ori (Eleda:the creator) is different from Olodumare?
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by macof(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2019
bilms:
Does Ifa support or condemn idol worshiping?

This is an important question needing knowledgeable answer.

Kindly shed more light on this
Does Christianity support idol worship? If your answer is no, then I don't see how Ifá supports idol worship
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Opiletool(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2019
macof:

Be deceiving yourself. There is no babaláwo I know who can confirm the existence of any Ese Ifá saying anything like Olódùmarè having a son, much less one named ọrọ (word). Eji ogbe is too popular for this to be ignored by many if such Ese Ifá existed

Bros, did you read my first sentence or you skipped it?
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by macof(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Opiletool:

Bros, did you read my first sentence or you skipped it?
I believe reposting it means you approve of its message
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Opiletool(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2019
macof:

I believe reposting it means you approve of its message
Then your conclusion is erroneous. I simply pasted what seemed like a response to the question the OP seeks answers to.
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2019
macof:

You be didirin.... I mean real mugu
I am a Christian and a good one.
Do you think there is one person that knows all the ifa corpus
I made that remark bc I know its true.
Listen you can choose to believe or not
Na you sabi...
Professor Sophie Oluwole (late)
Have lecture on that at Felabration and on another personal interview
You can look her up on you tube
While you are thinking about if you will lolook ol her up or not you are a he goat
After you have looked her up and confirm that it's true you will become human again.
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
angry
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by macof(m): 12:42am On Jul 13, 2019
Celestial777:

You be didirin.... I mean real mugu
I am a Christian and a good one.
Do you think there is one person that knows all the ifa corpus
I made that remark bc I know its true.
Listen you can choose to believe or not
Na you sabi...
Professor Sophie Oluwole (late)
Have lecture on that at Felabration and on another personal interview
You can look her up on you tube
While you are thinking about if you will lolook ol her up or not you are a he goat
After you have looked her up and confirm that it's true you will become human again.
You being a Christian already doesn't put you in a descent position to talk about ifá

Can you share the YouTube video where she said Olódùmarè had only one son called ọrọ (the word)?
I would like to scrutinize the information myself and maybe learn some more Ese ifá I don't know
And I believe it is only wise to provide your source

And can you stop trying to insult your better?
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by macof(m): 12:43am On Jul 13, 2019
Opiletool:

Then your conclusion is erroneous. I simply pasted what seemed like a response to the question the OP seeks answers to.

Indeed your explanation does confirm my conclusion was wrong. Sorry

Good thing the original poster is here
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Opiletool(m): 6:16am On Jul 13, 2019
macof:

Indeed your explanation does confirm my conclusion was wrong. Sorry

Good thing the original poster is here

It's OK sir!
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2019
macof:

You being a Christian already doesn't put you in a descent position to talk about ifá

Can you share the YouTube video where she said Olódùmarè had only one son called ọrọ (the word)?
I would like to scrutinize the information myself and maybe learn some more Ese ifá I don't know
And I believe it is only wise to provide your source

And can you stop trying to insult your better?

Share ko. Share ni
Wetin be my own if you remain ignorant
See I read Ifa corpus book by Rev Fagbola
Written in 1825
You can look it up
Better still I fit help you send the cover page
...i mean the pics so you will know I know wbay I am saying
Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2019
Celestial777:

Share ko. Share ni
Wetin be my own if you remain ignorant
See I read Ifa corpus book by Rev Fagbola
Written in 1825
You can look it up
Better still I fit help you send the cover page
...i mean the pics so you will know I know wbay I am saying

Don't be harsh on people asking you question. You may die tomorrow and take it with you.

2 Likes

Re: Does Ifa Support Or Condemn Idol Worshiping? by bilms(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2019
Pls help push this post to the front page

(1) (2) (Reply)

Say Your Favorite Proverb In Your Mothers Tongue / Igbo Ethnic Group And Nation: The Confusion Between The Two / The Alaafin(s) Of Oyo: Iku Baba Yeye Alase Keji Orisa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.