Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera (29423 Views)

How To Install A Backup Camera On A Car: A Step-by-step Guide / See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" / See How The Toyota Supra Has Evolved Since 1978 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by AutoJoshNG: 4:35am On Jul 06, 2019

Backup camera used in cars is one of the numerous innovative and advanced vehicle technology used in the automobile industry.

Backup cameras help drivers to have eyes in the back of their head as they reverse. Instead of looking back, drivers can just use the backup camera.

Have you ever wondered the meaning of all those coloured lines you see on backup camera when you want to reverse your Toyota Car? How can they help you be more confident when backing up and maneuvering in reverse?

Worry no more, you’re in the right place; Autojosh is here to clear you on that.

Meanings of Toyota backup camera lines

NB: White arrows are used to specifically point to the line being talked about.

1. Vertical lines on the sides (either yellow or blue):

These lines show the width of your vehicle and estimate where you’ll go if you back straight up. If your backup camera offers dynamic guidelines, these lines will move accordingly as you turn your steering wheel.

If your backup camera is dynamic. it will appear as it is in the image below when you turn while reversing.

2. Horizontal red line:

This line is closest to your vehicle and represents the area about 18 inches (or a foot and a half) from the rear of your car. This distance might be smaller if you’re on a sloping or bumpy surface.

3. Next horizontal line (either yellow or blue):

The yellow or blue line behind the red line represents the area about 3 feet from the bumper of your vehicle, give or take a little bit. This line can get a bit distorted as you look away from the center of the camera, due to the shaping of the camera. Be forewarned!!!

In as much as backup cameras aid drivers to reverse their car, be especially careful about the ‘blind area” behind and around you. Don’t rely solely on reverse camera.

Source: https://autojosh.com/meaning-coloured-lines-toyota-backup-camera/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Lexusgs430: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2019
We prefer to bend our neck go back, whilst reversing .........

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Sometimes, this just feels like the safest option grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by thebigkendo(m): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2019
rationalmind:

Safety first Bro grin

I trust my rear view mirror + side mirrors over any rear view camera grin

31 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 06, 2019
thebigkendo:

Safety first Bro grin

I agree but even those ones can feel insufficient. There are times you just have to turn that neck grin else, you'll soon be dialing your panel beaters phone number grin

38 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by namiji2598: 11:21am On Jul 06, 2019
Follow who know road....
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by MrWTF(m): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2019
irrelevant but useful.

I sell iTunes gift cards.
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by AmazingELixir: 11:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Ok
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Raymie(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2019
thebigkendo:

Safety first Bro grin

Learned to reverse with the mirrors. Only on a dark night I turn my neck. And that's cause the mirrors are auto dimming and the rear glass is laminated.
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Handsomebb: 11:30am On Jul 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:
To see the view in reality. Lolz

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by rockafela(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:
to be honest this is the option i’m used to and considered the safest

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Na neck sure pass bro. It never fails grin

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2019
Took me a while to understand mine

grin grin
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by agarawu23(m): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2019
rationalmind:

its the safest o. I hardly use my back camera display screen when reversing

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Lexusgs430: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2019
rockafela:
to be honest this is the option i’m used to and considered the safest

My vehicles get reverse cameras, i still dey always bend neck...........

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Lexusgs430: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2019
omokoginimi:
Na neck sure pass bro. It never fails grin

Neck neva fails........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by lonelydora: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2019
The safest method is;

Put one hand at the front passenger's headrest
Turn your head back
You will see more clearly than the camera.

OR
Look for someone that will direct you thus,

"Oga cut your hand, dey cut am, dey cut am, Oga cut am finish... Oya dey come, stop, cut your hand full, dey come, dey come, dey come"

These are proven methods that's better than the camera

16 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by Ovasize(m): 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2019
"This distance might be smaller if you’re on a sloping or bumpy surface."

"This line can get a bit distorted as you look away from the center of the camera, due to the shaping of the camera. Be forewarned!!!"

"Don’t rely solely on reverse camera."

After carefully considering the OP comments.... The Necks have It. Gbam

5 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by laivwire(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
Just about last week, I was backing down a narrow sloping bridge using the reverse camera and all of a sudden I tilted about 45 degrees sideways into a ditch. I had to use the auxiliary gears and a lot of prayers to get my self out. Just a little more and I would have gone tumbling down the gully.

Problem is the camera shows the ground all level with little to no perception about slope or depth. Necks still have it, even side mirrors can mess you up if you’re not careful.
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by salford1: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:
That is the driving school rules in North America.

Toyota sef. Still using ordinary back up when other manufacturers have been using 360 degrees and bird eye since 2014.
Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by salford1: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2019
laivwire:
Just about last week, I was backing down a narrow sloping bridge using the reverse camera and all of a sudden I tilted about 45 degrees sideways into a ditch. I had to use the auxiliary gears and a lot of prayers to get my self out. Just a little more and I would have gone tumbling down the gully.

Problem is the camera shows the ground all level with little to no perception about slope or depth. Necks still have it, even side mirrors can mess you up if you’re not careful.
Same with my wife. She clipped one of the side mirrors when backing out of garage using the 360 degrees camera.

Sometimes, too much tech is bad. Like i would never rely on the automatic blind side monitoring. I still do my shoulder check.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera by KingBaba1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
namiji2598:
Follow who know road....
its important to have your T fare as u follow who know road

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.