Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP (10473 Views)

Chimaroke Nnamani Reacts To His Suspension By PDP / Saraki Says Oshiomole's Mouth Divided APC In Reaction To His Suspension / Shehu Sani Reacts To His Suspension From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by odiks: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2019
Member representing Obokon/Oriade federal constituency of Osun State in the House of Representatives, Hon. Wole Oke, has expressed shock over his suspension by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).

The PDP NWC, after a meeting on Friday to review issues surrounding the Minority Leadership of the House of Representatives, suspended Hon. Ndudi Elumelu, Hon. Wole Oke, Hon. Lynda Ikpeazu, Hon. Anayo Edwin, Hon. Gideon Gwadi, Hon. Toby Okechukwu and Hon. Adekoya Abdul-Majid.

The PDP alleged that Elumelu, Oke, and others played key roles that resulted in the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, reading another list for Minority Leadership of the House other than the list submitted to him by our party, the PDP.”

Hon. Oke, in a reaction maintained that he followed his conscience and the will of his constituents in his actions since the inauguration of the ninth National Assembly.

In a statement issued to reporters on the issue, Oke said: ”I owe my party and its leaders a duty of care to advise appropriately as one the ranking members of the House. I have discharged that duty.

“I advised my party leaders appropriately about our House Rules provisions about nomination of our Leadership; that PDP alone can’t do it without other eight political parties.

“On Speakership, PDP had no candidate. I followed my conscience, I followed what my Constituents clamoured for. I followed practices and Conventions.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/05/nass-crisis-elumelus-ally-wole-oke-reacts-suspension-pdp/

1 Like

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Charltex: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2019
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by yjgm(m): 8:35am On Jul 06, 2019
PDP was hasty in this. Why not give them the opportunity of fair hearing. This is authoritarian.

4 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by tsinzu: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2019
When did your constituents clamour for Elemelu

2 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2019
tsinzu:

His constituents are happy he is currently a Principal officer in the Green Chambers

14 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Holocene(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2019
This one go soon decamp.

1 Like

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Ultimatezlant: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2019
P

11 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Dgr8hassiE(m): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2019
P.D.P and suspension. 5&6

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Chuks9000: 8:38am On Jul 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by bluecircle470: 8:38am On Jul 06, 2019
PDP the double mouthed party

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by vedaxcool(m): 8:38am On Jul 06, 2019
grin grin grin PDP goons tasting their own medicine

7 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by nicebaba: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2019
Congratulations to those that “didn’t” win our fixed games grin awon oloriburuku spammers

1 Like

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by iamrashyy: 8:42am On Jul 06, 2019
He was referring to the speaker (Gbajabiamila) and not Elemelu.
tsinzu:
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by karma2000: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2019
It is even good when karma bounces back on dem and they migrate to apc they will crying dat their people are joining the opposition because of money or supporting a dullatd
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by RockHard: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2019
tsinzu:

If you know better than he that is their representative, why not tell us when his constituents clamoured for Chinda.

7 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by tsinzu: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2019
RockHard:

If you know better than he that is their representative, why not tell us when his constituents clam outed for Chinda.
And did I say his constituents clamoured for chinda?
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Sunsets: 8:53am On Jul 06, 2019
Only shock and your are talking. The next move will convulse you and you'll be singing like a canary and dance to the music you and other renegades started.
odiks:
Member representing Obokon/Oriade federal constituency of Osun State in the House of Representatives, Hon. Wole Oke, has expressed shock over his suspension by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).

The PDP NWC, after a meeting on Friday to review issues surrounding the Minority Leadership of the House of Representatives, suspended Hon. Ndudi Elumelu, Hon. Wole Oke, Hon. Lynda Ikpeazu, Hon. Anayo Edwin, Hon. Gideon Gwadi, Hon. Toby Okechukwu and Hon. Adekoya Abdul-Majid.

The PDP alleged that Elumelu, Oke, and others played key roles that resulted in the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, reading another list for Minority Leadership of the House other than the list submitted to him by our party, the PDP.”

Hon. Oke, in a reaction maintained that he followed his conscience and the will of his constituents in his actions since the inauguration of the ninth National Assembly.

In a statement issued to reporters on the issue, Oke said: ”I owe my party and its leaders a duty of care to advise appropriately as one the ranking members of the House. I have discharged that duty.

“I advised my party leaders appropriately about our House Rules provisions about nomination of our Leadership; that PDP alone can’t do it without other eight political parties.

“On Speakership, PDP had no candidate. I followed my conscience, I followed what my Constituents clamoured for. I followed practices and Conventions.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/05/nass-crisis-elumelus-ally-wole-oke-reacts-suspension-pdp/
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Sunsets: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2019
Hon. Oke, in a reaction maintained that he followed his conscience and the will of his constituents in his actions since the inauguration of the ninth National Assembly. Now you no longer have a party.
odiks:

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Sunsets: 8:58am On Jul 06, 2019
odiks:

Ok na, let conscience remove you from suspension.
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by Sunsets: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2019

no candidate, yes suspension
Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by hush15: 9:18am On Jul 06, 2019
yjgm:
PDP was hasty in this. Why not give them the opportunity of fair hearing. This is authoritarian.

PDP wasnt hasty... Hon Lynda Ikpeazu was the one that raised the motion to nominate femi or probably seconded, either one, i know she was a player in the rebellious act. Is she not the honorable from anambra?

Cant they learn from the counterparts, in as much they were some apc members were ambitious, they stood by their party choices. They traded the party stance to become minority leaders. They forgot that once the party evicts them from their camp, they no longer function in that capacity.

I support the suspension. PDP already has its challenges dealing with the ruling party. Tjey cant adford some dialoyal members to be distracting them in their quest to become a ruling majority again

2 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by 1forall: 9:39am On Jul 06, 2019
Lol PDP.

Apart from releasing a routine statement to condemn his behaviour, they've taken no real action on the slapping senator. But they swiftly suspend these guys for something that was not totally within their control.

Shows where their priority lies.

4 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by netpro(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2019
"Electing the Speaker is members prerogative" - PDP tells APC

"Electing a Minority Leader of the House and ignoring the input of other minority parties is PDP's NWC decision" - PDP to Nigerians

Hypocrisy at its best!

5 Likes

Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by xnsandrxns: 11:41am On Jul 06, 2019
Fighting on minority positions that didn't even belong to them alone

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Genesis Of The Crisis Of Terrorism In Nigeria / Saraki And Dogara At Joint Public Hearing On The Budget (Photos) / “It Is A Lie! I Didn't Dole Out Vehicles To Bandits” — Bello Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.