Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,269 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Nigerian Business Ideas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Business Ideas (1637 Views)

[Satire] The Nigerian Business Partner / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online / Customer Service In A Nigerian Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Business Ideas by MShittu: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2010
I was thinking for a little while and came to the quite obvious realization that Nigerians really aren't all that entrepreneurial. I mean we keep complaining about how the gov't doesn't support us and stuff, when the reality is that we should be supporting ourselves. And, as such, I came up with a few kind of simple business ideas that I think might be very successful in this country of ours. I'm too young to do these, and I'm not in Nigeria, but I think that these can be really successful. Please note, however, that these aren't get-rich-quick schemes, but, rather, are ideas that one could follow to attain a rather significant amount of money over a period of time that might be about two to five years

No. 1
I guess some of you remember Moh'd bah Abba's cooling pots. Y'know, the one that he recieved the rolex prize for. Somebody could use that idea, but on a much larger scale, helping the 70% of Nigeria's population with jobs in agriculture while getting some serious money.

Here are the statistics that I have in my head at the moment
Nigeria is a country of about 150 million, and 70% of those 150 million, 105 million, have jobs in agriculture. Now Moh'd Bah Abba sells those pots of his at 40 cents each, and if somebody can get a loan from a bank or something, one can make those pots, which in reality, dont cost that much to make, I guess, and sell them, at abut half a dollar a piece, to Nigeria's agricultural society. If one is successful, one can expect to get fifty-two million five hundred thousand dollars back. And considering that each agricultural worker is gna need about two, or maybe even more, one can expect to become a centi-billionaire in a rather short amount of time!

No. 2
So now you're a centi-millionaire, and you want more money. Go back to the agric industry. Look at the rather deplorable condition of Nigerian farms, then look at the Shonga farms in Kwara. Start making some Shonga farms all over the nation, working with farmers and forming formal arrangements with them to build those farms and take some of the resulting profit. If we can have modernized farms in the country, we can expect food production to increase rapidly, meaning that we can export food to our African neighbors. MORE CASH.

A good idea here is hydroponics, a system through which plants are grown in nutrient an water solution instead of soil. Hydroponically grown plants have been proven to grow at rates much faster than conventional plant growth methods, and also use less water (check attached file). SO they can be quite useful

No 3.
So you're very quickly approaching your first billion. You're fat and rich, and you want more. What do you do? Reform the Markets.
I hate Nigerian markets. Those fly-plagued stalls in the middle of roads absolutely and completely suck, as there's much too much disorganization and waste in 'em. There's a solution though. Indoor markets. With gens, air-conditioning, waste-bins and toilets. You cant take suya indoors, so have some small outposts around the larger market complex that sell suya!
And do so all over Nigeria!!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$ rooooollllls in.
No 4.
3 billion USD (hypothetically). And you need to expand. Start decreasing business costs, and do so with electricity.
It has been estimated that about 30% of all nigerian business costs stems from bad electricity. So you can save costs and save money through the creation of private power companies that tend to homes, businesses and the like all over the nation. Establish yourself as a philanthropist by decreasing prices in rural and poorer areas!

No 5.
You dont want Nigeria to fail, do you? So do more as a philanthropist. Sponsor exceptional Nigerian students and send them abroad to educate themselves. Create low-cost, quality private schools EVERYWHERE! See how your market base increases!

Note: If you're going to export, export globally, and never import, because the country has too many raw materials for you to do so.
Please comment and try (if you can) to carry these ideas out!!!!!
We need to succeed!

(Hydroponics file attached)

Re: Nigerian Business Ideas by Divake: 4:08pm On May 21, 2013
Do you need finance for your business ideas? visit www.micronaira..com for various financing options.

(1) (Reply)

Last Solution To Poverty And Unemployment In Nigeria / Jaiz Bank Opens For Business / Benefits Of Being A Firstmonie Agent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.