Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

MBA Unilag Or Msc Public Finance, Unilag - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MBA Unilag Or Msc Public Finance, Unilag (665 Views)

Advice: Unilag Or UI For Masters / Can I Study Law With 237 In Unilag Or Lasu / Mbbs In Unilag, Or Mbbs In Ui (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MBA Unilag Or Msc Public Finance, Unilag by Lexmane(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2019
Hi all,

I am a serving Corp member. I finished from Economics, OAU and I am interested in pursuing my masters degree immediately after Nysc( If possible).

I will like to seek advice from veterans here: should I go for MBA or Msc Finance (both at unilag)?

If yes, what are the fees and other financial/general requirements.

Thanks as you help with submissions in advance.

And please, in case you have any telegram or WhatsApp group that will be of benefit to me in this regard, kindly add me.

Thanks!
Re: MBA Unilag Or Msc Public Finance, Unilag by efficiencie(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
Lexmane:
Hi all,

I am a serving Corp member. I finished from Economics, OAU and I am interested in pursuing my masters degree immediately after Nysc( If possible).

I will like to seek advice from veterans here: should I go for MBA or Msc Finance (both at unilag)?

If yes, what are the fees and other financial/general requirements.

Thanks as you help with submissions in advance.

And please, in case you have any telegram or WhatsApp group that will be of benefit to me in this regard, kindly add me.

Thanks!

Sincerely I will advice you to think well before plunging yourself into an education that may end up being useless...

Ask yourself these questions:

1. What is my passion, talent or area of specialization?
2. Where do I see myself in the labour market in the next 5 years?
3. What is the current curriculum of the MBA or MSc Finance programs I intend to apply for?
4. How is what I will learn DIRECTLY (EMPHASIS ON DIRECTLY) relevant for my answers to the questions 1 and question 2?
5. What is the perception of persons who have taken these programs (MBA, MSc finance) at the University of Lagos?
6. What is the net benefit of the education I will get from these programs (MBA, MSc finance) based on the net present value of the cost incurred to get one of these degrees versus the expected salary or income I can earn from working with the skills garnered or the business this education can help me start at the going market rate?

By the time you have gotten satisfactory answers to these questions you will be able to proffer an answer to the question you have posed!
Re: MBA Unilag Or Msc Public Finance, Unilag by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
M.sc Finance should do. Please have a futuristic plan because b.sc is loosing it's value in Nigeria. Further your career because you might miss many opportunities when they come your way.
While M.sc is tailored towards academic line, MBA exposes your mind towards business. That is the more reason many persons opt in for MBA instead of M.sc. Some persons will tell you to hustle for money and then set up your own business which is good however, an opportunity might come your way that requires a postgraduate degree. The choice is yours to take either you further ( if the resources are there) or you hustle the money and then come back to further.
Re: MBA Unilag Or Msc Public Finance, Unilag by Lexmane(m): 8:27am On Jul 08, 2019
efficiencie:

Sincerely I will advice you to think well before plunging yourself into an education that may end up being useless...

Ask yourself these questions:

1. What is my passion, talent or area of specialization?
2. Where do I see myself in the labour market in the next 5 years?
3. What is the current curriculum of the MBA or MSc Finance programs I intend to apply for?
4. How is what I will learn DIRECTLY (EMPHASIS ON DIRECTLY) relevant for my answers to the questions 1 and question 2?
5. What is the perception of persons who have taken these programs (MBA, MSc finance) at the University of Lagos?
6. What is the net benefit of the education I will get from these programs (MBA, MSc finance) based on the net present value of the cost incurred to get one of these degrees versus the expected salary or income I can earn from working with the skills garnered or the business this education can help me start at the going market rate?

By the time you have gotten satisfactory answers to these questions you will be able to proffer an answer to the question you have posed!

Hmmmn! Thanks very very very much!

(1) (Reply)

Date For Interswitch Spak Quiz 2020 / Dissertation Writing Services: Effects On Higher Education / Meet 9-year-old Girl With Higher IQ Than Albert Einstein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.