Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money (12118 Views)

World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos / (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by nanizle(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
iamJ:
Good

Money should be equal to men too

It's the same 45mins they play

Don't be silly!

Do they draw the same revenue?

Men's 2010 world cup brought $4 billion.
Women's world cup brought $73 million.

Basic economics man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by DelphiOracle(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Good development, please reduce Africa countries to one angry
guy u wicked o
Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by iamoyindamola(m): 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2019
DelphiOracle:
guy u wicked o
bros they are useless na

1 Like

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
iamJ:
Good

Not reasonable.
Men's football and women's football does not generate the same revenue at the moment.

5 Likes

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by fredoooooo: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
This is the best women world cup ever ...

3 Likes

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by fredoooooo: 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Good development, please reduce Africa countries to one angry

You're wicked grin
Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Tomreed(m): 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Who told you their football is boring.
Do you even watch it?

Even the women's world cup is more fun compared to Afcon.
I hope women's football continue to grow.
This is a good step by fifa

Ikr�❤️
Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by winosport: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
iamJ:
Good

That's not fair...Male football rakes in more money for FIFA....female football is still in the development stage with time it will get there.... women shouldn't be clamouring for more money now they should focus on more awareness and publicity.

4 Likes

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Graduateacher(f): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
Sweden won England to snatch 3rd place but it was a very tough match, there was a brilliant goal line clearance by a Swedish player and a goal by the British was disallowed (wrong handball call by VAR), it was an excellent display of technical football ending 2:1 in favor of Sweden, kudos to both teams for an entertaining match.

1 Like

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Kelgabriel5(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
Women football games bar few teams are very boring,I could list a few that were good and I watch a whole lot of them since I can remember, compare to an average men's game, plus d revenue ish, it's clear as day. Megan rapinoe of the USA has been complaining as if a commoner can pay 20pounds to see dem play compare to d amount people pay to see ronaldo or messi, plus Jersey sales and a whole lot

1 Like

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Graduateacher(f): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
Kelgabriel5:
Women football games bar few teams are very boring,I could list a few that were good and I watch a whole lot of them since I can remember, compare to an average men's game, plus d revenue ish, it's clear as day. Megan rapinoe of the USA has been complaining as if a commoner can pay 20pounds to see dem play compare to d amount people pay to see ronaldo or messi, plus Jersey sales and a whole lot

You're a liar, you didn't watch this world cup matches. When you talk of entertaining and technical, call female football. It's not boring, you just wanna be spiteful. Whether you like it or not the game is growing beautifully that's why FIFA is considering 32 teams for world cup and a female version of Champions league cup. Try watching matches or just allow people who love it to enjoy. AFCON matches are boring it's only the round of 16 that has picked up, yet highest goal score is five in a game with many draws. See classical goals and saves in today's match between England and Sweden na, choi very interesting

2 Likes

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Kelgabriel5(m): 1:17am On Jul 07, 2019
Graduateacher:

You're a liar, you didn't watch this world cup matches. When you talk of entertaining and technical, call female football. It's not boring, you just wanna be spiteful. Whether you like it or not the game is growing beautifully that's why FIFA is considering 32 teams for world cup and a female version of Champions league cup. Try watching matches or just allow people who love it to enjoy. AFCON matches are boring it's only the round of 16 that has picked up, yet highest goal score is five in a game with many draws. See classical goals and saves in today's match between England and Sweden na, choi very interesting
lol, u seem a bitter somebody, I Neva insulted or mentioned anyone, can you bet ur life that I didn't watch any match or even d one u mentioned, be sure before you attack, life's not all about attacking people. I started following women's game during d time of Birgit Prinz of Germany, when she was d top markswoman I have kept late nights to watch women's game. Now no Mata what you say, d energy levels are not d same, data why people get thrashed 13-0, if you watched d interview with d FIFA sec general d lady from Senegal, samoura somebody, she clearly stated why FIFA is trying hard for women's game, I suggest you watch it. Well, in this life always bring up arguments that would win you friends, not attaching insults to everything.

1 Like

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Graduateacher(f): 5:32am On Jul 07, 2019
Kelgabriel5:
lol, u seem a bitter somebody, I Neva insulted or mentioned anyone, can you bet ur life that I didn't watch any match or even d one u mentioned, be sure before you attack, life's not all about attacking people. I started following women's game during d time of Birgit Prinz of Germany, when she was d top markswoman I have kept late nights to watch women's game. Now no Mata what you say, d energy levels are not d same, data why people get thrashed 13-0, if you watched d interview with d FIFA sec general d lady from Senegal, samoura somebody, she clearly stated why FIFA is trying hard for women's game, I suggest you watch it. Well, in this life always bring up arguments that would win you friends, not attaching insults to everything.

How many people were trashed 13:0 during this world cup, isn't it only one team; Thailand against US? do you think it will happen again now that they have gained world cup experience? Female football is still in it's growing stage, imagine how long male football has existed at all levels.

FIFA is being unfair to the female game but they're standing tall not withstanding. When male world cup is played, all league games must stop, all other FIFA tournaments end and all focus is on the World cup, all this is to promote publicity and increase sponsorship but look at what is happening now, AFCON & COPA America are being played in tandem with female world cup and all league games continue as though nothing is happening.

Notwithstanding these distractions the game has been exciting, at least to me and other fans of the game. Look at AFCON and the poor turnout of fans so far, if it was females playing you will see derogatory remarks about fans not turning up because the games are boring, so why are so many sits empty in a tournament as old as AFCON? where are the fans?

This is Netherlands's second appearance in the world cup and they're in the finals, it shows how competitive the games are and as more teams get involved with more league competitions, it will get better. It will be like lawn tennis where crowds appear in both male and female games, partly thanks to the energy and strength of two colored sisters whose father believed. All the best

#believe in female football

1 Like

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by Kingkun69(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2019
iamJ:
Good

but not the same quality
Although it increased this yr but apart from us and Dutch women all are trash

1 Like

Re: FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money by unmask: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2019
iamJ:
Good

on what basis?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended / Nigerian Fan Dies In Dubai / Chelsea Record 600 Premier League Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.