Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

The Stigma Of Rape In Nigeria Is Too Much For Anyone To Joke With It – Expert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Stigma Of Rape In Nigeria Is Too Much For Anyone To Joke With It – Expert (356 Views)

Lady Bites Boyfriend’s Manhood To Avoid Rape In Lagos, Police Arrest Her / Woman Beat Her House Help For Crying Out Over Rape In Lagos (Graphic) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stigma Of Rape In Nigeria Is Too Much For Anyone To Joke With It – Expert by shehuolayinka(m): 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2019
A social commentator and a Research Associate at the Department of Psychiatry at the University College Hospital Ibadan Dr. Olatunde Olayinka Ayinde says the stigma of rape in Nigeria is too much for anyone who has no business with rape to be seen anywhere near it.

He said this in a post on his official Facebook page.

Dr. Ayinde post is in reaction to claims by some that Busola Dakolo statement of being rape by COZA Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinmbo was a frame up to tarnish his image.

Busola, a photographer had on the 28th of June in a now viral video accused Pastor Fatoyinbo of raping her when she was 16-years of age.

He said, “I’m trying to stay out of this conversation, because I know I have biases. But I try to be aware of my biases and rise above them. I have a deep aversion for unbridled power and impunity, especially the one displayed by men who claim to represent God/s everywhere and in Nigeria especially. I also harbour a sort of militant abhorrence for rape and degradation of human beings generally. These may, therefore, colour my reactions sometimes.

But apparently, staying out of this one is not something I can do for long.

Let me say this first and get that out of the way. Every accused person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. At the same time, it is egregious, sadistic and inhumane to silence anyone who believes he/she has been wronged.

Therefore, Biodun Fatoyinbo stands accused and presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Are there evil women who would frame a man with whom they have enjoyed a consensual sexual relationship, just to get at him? Sure. It is the most despicable act a human being can carry out, and I am always for such individuals to be punished to the full extent of the law wherever and whenever such a person is found. Lives can be ruined forever because of false accusations. The memories of “when they see us” is still fresh.

Read More: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/07/05/the-stigma-of-rape-in-nigeria-is-too-much-for-anyone-to-joke-with-it-expert/

Re: The Stigma Of Rape In Nigeria Is Too Much For Anyone To Joke With It – Expert by ABCthings: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
Nigeria Weather Conditions
Aba
ThunderStorms 25°
Abeokuta
MoonPartlyCloudy 26°
Alimosho
MoonMostlyCloudy 28°
Benin City
ThunderStorms 26°
Calabar
Cloudy 26°
Enugu
MoonMostlyCloudy 27°
Ibadan
PartlySunny 27°
Ilorin
MoonMostlyCloudy 28°
Jos
MoonIntermittentClouds 23°
Kaduna
Cloudy 27°
Kano
MoonPartlyCloudy 30°
Katsina
MoonPartlyCloudy

(1) (Reply)

Building Collapse Kills Man In Abia State – PHOTOS / Ritual Money / Allegedly corrupt SARS officer disgraced by a soldier’s wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.