Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? (771 Views)

What's That Thing Said By The Preacher That Compelled You To Repent? / The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination! / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by TheGenius001: 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2019
I was born in a Christian home. I was raised as a catholic. As a kid my mom and Dad always took me to church every Sunday. I loved Sundays cos there will be ice creams and fries everyday we go to church.

Along the line when I became a teenager I stopped going with them. They didn't even force me to go along with them. Tho they see me as an upright person who can be trusted not to do or engage in certain things which are immoral. And yes I joined a group of individuals ( a sort of fellowship) who belonged to a popular church. I started attending that church and stopped going to the Catholic church that my parents attended.

Along the when I became an adult I saw that there is a whole lot of things to question about every church and even the particular one I attended. I asked questions which no one could find answers to. I remember one mummy answering me saying " You know too well than you ought to know ". Why she said that was because I asked question that are mysterious.

I noticed that they couldn't reveal mysteries I so much have interest in knowing. They make feel like they can never grow more than what they are already. They made me see that they consider their preacher man as the one with the final truth which will always stand. They made me have problems with all pastors. And even until today I hate pastors.

My search for knowledge made me read the whole pages of the bible. I read other books too. But I found out that they all lead to confusion. Even the churches themselves gets me confused. Today I hate churches more than ever because of the pastors. I feel they have caused more harm than good in the society. They don't practice what they preach. And no body sees it.

Ever since all this drama up until few hours ago, I chose to remain an agnostic. I know that God exists.

For the past two days, i have been having serious and scary dreams and they passed a message to me saying " the world is now full of evil and dangerous, draw close to God"

Today I asked for forgiveness, I chose to become a new person. But I am stuck in the middle. Which teaching should I follow?? cos I know and believe that there are many roads that lead to the market square.

Pls someone should help me, I'm willing to serve God. In have prayed to God to show me the right path. But I also want to hear from you all. Thank you.
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by kunleweb: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
The careful whom you open up to. I'll be here to help as much as possible. O recommend listening to TBN. To avoid stories that touch be careful of church politics abeg you. TBN bishop TD Jakes, Joyce Meyer,Creflo Dollar listen to these folks Joseph Prince. Joel Osteen
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by akp202(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
How I wish u could get apostle Joshua selman teaching series...it's been a blessing to me.
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by TheGenius001: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
kunleweb:
The careful whom you open up to. I'll be here to help as much as possible. O recommend listening to TBN. To avoid stories that touch be careful of church politics abeg you. TBN bishop TD Jakes, Joyce Meyer,Creflo Dollar listen to these folks Joseph Prince. Joel Osteen

I'll think about this most especially TD Jakes. But I have a doubt about it
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by TheGenius001: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2019
akp202:
How I wish u could get apostle Joshua selman teaching series...it's been a blessing to me.

I don't want Nigerian Pastors. Thanks
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
OP, as one who has threaded a similar path, I understand you very well. People like you are often very sincere and are really searching for pure truth. You really want to know who God is, What exactly He is if at all He exists, what principles formed His laws, and If He is omnipresent & omniscient as you were told, why does evil still occur under His supervision? You really want to know the truth and the mysteries of the spiritual realm. You want first hand revelation of the truth from God Himself or His messenger and not hearsays. You have tried several spiritual principles as taught in the bible and they never worked. There is just little or at most obscure proof God.

I am not saying I have answers. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

I will recommend you get Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak's teachings.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by UceeGod: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
You need a lot of personal time with God to know Him better. Have a Bible reading/study plan, watch sermons and read lots of christian books.

I don't attend any church either but I read ourdailybread online, follow their daily Bible study plan and read enduringword for more explanations, but I'll advise you invite the Holy Spirit to help you know the truth. Moreover, I listen to sermons and read books from Witness Nee, Keneth Hagin, John Piper, Joyce Meyer, Myles Munroe, Josh McDowell, and a lot of others. My spiritual life has been a blessing since I started doing these.

If you'll like some christian ebooks from the people I listed above and many others, whatsapp me on 08095904534.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by Dafemich(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
Listen to Joseph Prince. His teachings will help you alot.
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by Righteousness89(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
TheGenius001:
I was born in a Christian home. I was raised as a catholic. As a kid my mom and Dad always took me to church every Sunday. I loved Sundays cos there will be ice creams and fries everyday we go to church.

Along the line when I became a teenager I stopped going with them. They didn't even force me to go along with them. Tho they see me as an upright person who can be trusted not to do or engage in certain things which are immoral. And yes I joined a group of individuals ( a sort of fellowship) who belonged to a popular church. I started attending that church and stopped going to the Catholic church that my parents attended.

Along the when I became an adult I saw that there is a whole lot of things to question about every church and even the particular one I attended. I asked questions which no one could find answers to. I remember one mummy answering me saying " You know too well than you ought to know ". Why she said that was because I asked question that are mysterious.

I noticed that they couldn't reveal mysteries I so much have interest in knowing. They make feel like they can never grow more than what they are already. They made me see that they consider their preacher man as the one with the final truth which will always stand. They made me have problems with all pastors. And even until today I hate pastors.

My search for knowledge made me read the whole pages of the bible. I read other books too. But I found out that they all lead to confusion. Even the churches themselves gets me confused. Today I hate churches more than ever because of the pastors. I feel they have caused more harm than good in the society. They don't practice what they preach. And no body sees it.

Ever since all this drama up until few hours ago, I chose to remain an agnostic. I know that God exists.

For the past two days, i have been having serious and scary dreams and they passed a message to me saying " the world is now full of evil and dangerous, draw close to God"

Today I asked for forgiveness, I chose to become a new person. But I am stuck in the middle. Which teaching should I follow?? cos I know and believe that there are many roads that lead to the market square.

Pls someone should help me, I'm willing to serve God. In have prayed to God to show me the right path. But I also want to hear from you all. Thank you.

My brother leave all these Names ..

Take the Bible and Beginning to Read..
You could Begin from the New Testament.,
Read at least 50 verses Everyday..

Ask GOD for understanding of HIS word..

As your Relationship with GOD thickens , Tell HIM you wanna Walk with HIM. Ask HIM to reveal to you where you can Hear More of Him.

If HE does not show u don't go...

I guarantee you , if you are Sincere, The GOD who I know will Reveal to you where you will worship HIM
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by kunleweb: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2019
TheGenius001:

I'll think about this most especially TD Jakes. But I have a doubt about it

I wanted you o
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by kunleweb: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
DanXplore:
OP, as one who has threaded a similar path, I understand you very well. People like you are often very sincere and are really searching for pure truth. You really want to know who God is, What exactly He is if at all He exists, what principles formed His laws, and If He is omnipresent & omniscient as you were told, why does evil still occur under His supervision? You really want to know the truth and the mysteries of the spiritual realm. You want first hand revelation of the truth from God Himself or His messenger and not hearsays. You have tried several spiritual principles as taught in the bible and they never worked. There is just little or at most obscure proof God.

I am not saying I have answers. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

I will recommend you get Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak's teachings.

Cheers.

Spiritual path is different from souls teaching. Don't confuse him more than he already is.
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by jesmond3945: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2019
TheGenius001:

Op what are the questions that are bothering you?
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
To God be the glory great things He has done. God is winning souls for Himself, by Himself. Hallelujah!!!

I know the kind of reaction I get from heaven when i'm praying to God concerning Nairaland, for it exceeds that of any other prayer point, which reinforces the impression I already had that Nairaland was indeed a
very serious matter to God.

Maybe you are actually one of those sheep that Jesus was talking about when He said this:

John 10:2-5, (KJV)

1 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
2 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
3 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
4 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

So maybe you are fleeing from strangers because you know the voice of your Shepherd, and would not hear any other voice but His.

And His Voice is contained in His Words. So I advice that you sit at your Shepherd's feet and learn directly from Him. And what you learn from Him, you should observe and use to qualify or disqualify any other voice you hear whether in the Bible or elsewhere.

For even the job of His hirelings is to direct you to your Shepherd and not to themselves, for it's one Shepherd not two.

John 10:16 (KJV)

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

And the Words of your Shepherd have the capacity to make you become exactly what He was, and to be able to do whatever He could do. So the extent to which you follow it determines the extent to which you're able to become like Him.

Welcome to His fold.

God bless.

TheGenius001:

Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
kunleweb:

Spiritual path is different from souls teaching. Don't confuse him more than he already is.

What is souls teaching? Please stop smoking weed cheesy
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by denitro(m): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2019
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by Christafarian(m): 8:24am On Jul 07, 2019
TheGenius001:

I don't want Nigerian Pastors. Thanks
Congratulations on your resolve to embrace Christ and righteous living.

With due respect however, you sound too naive & for want of a milder word, too immature especially with the bolded. You seem to have been influenced by the negative stories about some clergymen making the rounds in Nigeria, and more recently the scandal rocking one of the famous pentecostal pastors in Nigeria which possibly made you come to the conclusion that Nigerian pastors are no worthy shepherds or faith leaders.

You said you've read all pages in the Bible. I'd like to ask, did you pray for understanding & interpretation of the words therein? The Bible is no novel or some sundry mystery book obtainable any where. You definitely couldn't have been 'confused' as you claimed if you did the above.

WHAT YOU MUST KNOW
1. No single human on earth is holy (Pls, let this sink in).
2. Non Nigerian pastors are no better Christians (there are as many ''bad'' clergymen outside Nigeria as there are in Nigeria).
3. Fervently pray to be FILLED with the HOLY SPIRIT & WISDOM of God.
4. While it appears true that MOST men who claim to be servants of God in Nigeria are not so, there are a REASONABLE NUMBER of them who are called by God and are genuinely desirous of being faithful in their calling.

If you imbibe these homily, you definitely won't discriminate again especially after being filled with the Holy Spirit; by then, you will be led to see and know genuine men of God here in Nigeria.

God bless you once more as you tow the path of light.
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by kunlesmiles(m): 8:42am On Jul 07, 2019
akp202:
heard about him for d very first time around May dis year, I was in a very difficult position spiritually at dat time. my life has changed for good ever since,wish I had known about him years ago. OP should pls try just one of his messages, if it's not wat u need den u delete. Joseph prince is another one, dis are spirit filled teacher's of d word.
Re: Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? by kunlesmiles(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2019
Christafarian:

Congratulations on your resolve to embrace Christ and righteous living.

With due respect however, you sound too naive & for want of a milder word, too immature especially with the bolded. You seem to have been influenced by the negative stories about some clergymen making the rounds in Nigeria, and more recently the scandal rocking one of the famous pentecostal pastors in Nigeria which possibly made you come to the conclusion that Nigerian pastors are no worthy shepherds or faith leaders.

You said you've read all pages in the Bible. I'd like to ask, did you pray for understanding & interpretation of the words therein? The Bible is no novel or some sundry mystery book obtainable any where. You definitely couldn't have been 'confused' as you claimed if you did the above.

WHAT YOU MUST KNOW
1. No single human on earth is holy (Pls, let this sink in).
2. Non Nigerian pastors are no better Christians (there are as many ''bad'' clergymen outside Nigeria as there are in Nigeria).
3. Fervently pray to be FILLED with the HOLY SPIRIT & WISDOM of God.
4. While it appears true that MOST men who claim to be servants of God in Nigeria are not so, there are a REASONABLE NUMBER of them who are called by God and are genuinely desirous of being faithful in their calling.

If you imbibe these homily, you definitely won't discriminate again especially after being filled with the Holy Spirit; by then, you will be led to see and know genuine men of God here in Nigeria.

God bless you once more as you tow the path of light.
I fully agree with d bolded part. Thanks for taking ur time to type.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Deadly Shooting At Texas Church - Where Was God When That Happened? / Why Did Jesus' Disciples Die In A Miserable Way? / How Do You Make Covenant With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.