Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Is Jumia Anniversary Sale A Scam? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Jumia Anniversary Sale A Scam? (694 Views)

A Nairalander's 11 Years Wedding Anniversary Thank You Soup For Her Hubby (pix) / I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / Quality Kitchen Items You Should Buy During Jumia Anniversary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Jumia Anniversary Sale A Scam? by nurez305(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
Is jumia Aniversary sale A SCAM ?

After watching series of adverts on jumia anniversary sales promising their customer with lot of discounts on their product from June 24 to July 7. I got a flash sale of 25kg bag of rice and 5 litre kings oil at almost 50percent discount price on 29th of june which was fully paid for immediately with my ATM card.

After 3days, I check my order to know the progress concerning the delivery and it was still in progress and I ignored it since I was not in hurry to get it.

During the ordering, I put my address as Apapa rd, oyingbo and the column for city, I search for ebutemetta on the drop down menu which was not listed there, oyingbo was not listed as well and I saw ilogbo which I later choose ilogbo because ilogbo was just a stone throw from my house at Apapa rd.

On 5th of July, I got a call from one of their agent at badagry talking rudely that I choose wrong city and she will cancelled the order. I was like, are you kidding me? She said she was serious because I choose ilogbo and it is at badagry and I tried to explain to her that there is ilogbo at Apapa Rd where I leave and also this is not the first time I would order a product from jumia using same address and ilogbo as city and it was delivered within 3days so while complained about it now after waiting for an order for more than a week. Then she admitted that it was not my fault and not her fault as well and I asked her whose fault which she could not provide an answer to that.

Immediately after her call, I call jumia contact center number which was picked after 15 minutes of playing music and advertising their scam anniversary. I explained everything that happen to the lady that picked the call and she asked for my order number which I provided to her and she confirmed that it was shipped to badagry and I told her to check my account because I used same address and city in the past and my order was deliver to me because there is ilogbo at Apapa Rd. Then she assure me that she will contact them at badagry and arrange on how my order will got deliver to me and also promised to get back to me which I never see her call after our conversation.

Today around 4pm, I got a message from their delivery team that my order is ready to be deliver and I should be ready for it with my identity card. After an hour, I got another message that my order have been cancelled and my refund is completed which I didn't see a dime from them in my account.

I was surprised to received that message after wasting my time and my money calling their customer agent concerning my delayed orders which they said would be resolved and deliver to me.

Immediately I went to their Facebook page to complain and I saw series of comments related to mine on how jumia cancelled their order for no reason, while some complain that their orders was shipped to different location.

My point is, why are they deceiving people for something they can't fulfilled just for their own selfish gain? I have bought some product on aliexpress on flash sale which was delivered without any issue.

Below is the screenshot of an order that was delivered in the past to the same address and the earlier order that was cancelled.

Please mod, help me move to front page

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Is Jumia Anniversary Sale A Scam? by nurez305(m): 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2019
Complain on their Facebook page

Re: Is Jumia Anniversary Sale A Scam? by naijaboy756: 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
I ordered same items and they delivered..

So?

(1) (Reply)

Lockdown Hunting: Who Knows This Animal Name / Frogs Market On Wheels: See How People Are Buying Frogs To Eat / Food! Food!! Food!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.