Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display (1091 Views)

Pls Help !! Fuel Guage Stuck / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display by adisaaowala: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hello peeps...

My fuel guage has been acting up for a while now

The needle on the dashboard actually responds (moves up when I buy fuel and moves down upon usage).

However, the issue is that the "fuel empty" light comes on at quarter tank.

When the tank was opened, it was noticed that the supposed quarter tank was actually lower than what was being displayed.

Please help out as my mechanic and rewire seem to be clueless about the issue
Re: Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display by adisaaowala: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
Lest I forget, car is a 2008 accord
Re: Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display by AutoMoTech(m): 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
adisaaowala:
Lest I forget, car is a 2008 accord
check the sender unit. there is a possibility it sends wrong signal to the dashboard module due to rust or dirt around that area. clean the surface properly. reinstall and test.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display by adisaaowala: 12:36am On Jul 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

check the sender unit. there is a possibility it sends wrong signal to the dashboard module due to rust or dirt around that area. clean the surface properly. reinstall and test.

The sender has been serviced and 2 new ones were even tried out but the problem still persisted
Re: Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display by AutoMoTech(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
adisaaowala:

The sender has been serviced and 2 new ones were even tried out but the problem still persisted
If you are sure U replaced the fuel guage sending unit with good parts then your next bet will be to check the wiring and the instrument cluster.
The instument cluster It serves as the control module responsible for displaying all the info on the dash.
Re: Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display by AutoMoTech(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2019
any update on this issue?

(1) (Reply)

2008 Highlander Burning Oil / Oluchi Rejoices As Her Stolen Range Rover Was Found After Missing For 30 Days / I'm Looking For Benz GLC 300 4matic SUV. 2020 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.