Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Do I Take This Loan Offer? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do I Take This Loan Offer? (690 Views)

Please Avoid This Loan App Called Fairmoney. / A Loan Company Insists I Take Another Loan! (Photos) / CBN Identifies Fraudulent Loan Offer On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Take This Loan Offer? by simonlee(m): 9:34am On Jul 07, 2019
hello Nairalanders,
please help me with honest advice/opinions here because i don't know what to do.

i finished my youth service last year and i've been searching for a job from then till now. however, my cousin,who's a distributor for a beverage company asked me to come and help him manage his network of customers whenever he travels to another state for business.
i do my job faithfully and honestly that even his fellow distributors also pay me to transact some business for them too (my cousin specifically give them the go ahead before they even approach me).
Now, one of his partners who's quite elderly and particularly fond of me asked if i wanted to be a partner. i said 'yes of course' excitedly and he said he'd help me. later, he now said he would give me a loan to start my business, but i will deal on only his products and no one else's.
considering my knowledge of this business, this is literally a trap because it would take months to pay back under this conditions. he said my cousin is fine with the arrangements. my cousin just said 'it's up to you'. i think he doesn't want to be held responsible if i don't pay back the loan on time.
do i take the loan or just let it slide, i love my peace of mind please.

mods please help me push this. thank you.
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by soke02(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2019
I will advice u take it, considers there is no job anywhere now. Everything is a risk

1 Like

Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by dadalicious: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2019
If you remain loyal to your cousin, you can help him grow his business to be a mega distributor, and you will be a partner.
Your cousin Said it's up to you, cuz it is not okay by him, but he doesn't want to seem unsupportive of you becoming a distributor.
Stick with your cousin, build his business, and your loyalty will be rewarded.
Success takes time, you think you know enough to be on your own, but trust me, being the head is more tasking than being the neck, although the neck thinks he does more work like carrying the head and turning it.
Stay with your cousin and outrightly reject the offer by telling him that you prefer to be your cousin's boy.
If you let greed for money or power get to you, you will regret it.
There is time to grow and be on your own later
But Las Las it's up to you to decide

4 Likes

Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by CreepyBlackpool: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2019
The world belongs to risk takers
smiley
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by doubleportion: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2019
If your uncle pays you an handsome salary with which you can make a meaningful savings don't take the loan.

If dealing on the lender's products alone will guarantee returns that will help you to payback you can go ahead.

The ball is now in your court!
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by simonlee(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2019
dadalicious:
If you remain loyal to your cousin, you can help him grow his business to be a mega distributor, and you will be a partner.
Your cousin Said it's up to you, cuz it is not okay by him, but he doesn't want to seem unsupportive of you becoming a distributor.
Success takes time, you think you know enough to be on your own, but trust me, being the head is more tasking than being the neck, although the neck thinks he does more work like carrying the head and turning it.
Stay with your cousin and outrightly reject the offer by telling him that you prefer to be your cousin's boy.
my cousin too will gain indirectly from my venture because we work as a team sometimes so its not like he'll be left out. thanks a lot for this!
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by simonlee(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2019
doubleportion:
If your uncle pays you an handsome salary with which you can make a meaningful savings don't take the loan.

If dealing on the lender's products alone will guarantee returns that will help you to payback you can go ahead.

The ball is now in your court!
i purposely left out the part where they cut corners for extra gains. i can do that too and pay back the loan in less than a month. but i don't want to. i want to be honest as i started. the man wants to take advantage of me
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by Kenni700(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
Don't take the offer. Remain loyal to your cousin. If you take that offer,it will bring big problem in the future.
Be wise!!
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by MrMcJay(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
simonlee:
hello Nairalanders,
please help me with honest advice/opinions here because i don't know what to do.

i finished my youth service last year and i've been searching for a job from then till now. however, my cousin,who's a distributor for a beverage company asked me to come and help him manage his network of customers whenever he travels to another state for business.
i do my job faithfully and honestly that even his fellow distributors also pay me to transact some business for them too (my cousin specifically give them the go ahead before they even approach me).
Now, one of his partners who's quite elderly and particularly fond of me asked if i wanted to be a partner. i said 'yes of course' excitedly and he said he'd help me. later, he now said he would give me a loan to start my business, but i will deal on only his products and no one else's.
considering my knowledge of this business, this is literally a trap because it would take months to pay back under this conditions. he said my cousin is fine with the arrangements. my cousin just said 'it's up to you'. i think he doesn't want to be held responsible if i don't pay back the loan on time.

Don't take that loan offer. He's not helping you, he's only helping his business.

Your cousin doesn't want you to take it but also doesn't want to destroy his relationship with the other man. That's why he gave you that caveat.

Don't take that loan cos it limits your business expansion prospects.
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by iHart(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
Is the loan in form of cash or goods? If he insist that you sell only his products, that means the loan is not coming with an interest. And again, if its just his products that you will sell, there shouldn't be a time frame for paying back. I suspect the loan is going to be mostly in goods, his own goods. The money that will be involved may just be money for an outlet and little logistics. If my assumptions are correct, I will suggest you take the loan. If you make sells, you return his money, pick more goods and keep interest to yourself. Keep repeating the circle until you get enough money to call the deal off. If you get tired of the deal any day, you just sell off his stock, return his money and move on.

If you don't take the loan, you may not find this opportunity again oh
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by RESHARPENED: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
dadalicious:

Some pieces of advice are worth more than all the Bitcoin in the world, this is one of them. More insight, Sir.

OP, hold on to this the way a drowning man would hold onto a lifeline.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by Redman44(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
RESHARPENED:

Some pieces of advice are worth more than all the Bitcoin in the world, this is one of them. More insight, Sir.

OP, hold on to this the way a drowning man would hold onto a lifeline.

I second this line of thought. OP, take the advice and stick with your cousin. Cheers.
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by NairalandAngel(m): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2019
simonlee:
hello Nairalanders,

From what you wrote it appears you have not been in the business for up to two years.

Don't think you already know everything about the business!
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by jennifer247: 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
My name is Jennifer Winget, I am a teacher. am I eligible for this Loan offer? What are the criteria for a loan?. My name is Jennifer Winget, I am a teacher. am I eligible for this Loan offer? What are the criteria for a loan?.cheap photo restoration Kindly share more details about this, then only it will more help us. Thank you for share it with us.Kindly share more details about this, then only it will more help us. Thank you for share it with us.
Re: Do I Take This Loan Offer? by mathew10: 7:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Generously share more insights regarding this, then, at that point, just it will more assistance us. Much obliged to you for sharing it with us. Social Media Marketing Services In Dubai

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Market Size In Nigeria / How Do I Receive Money From South Africa - Urgent Assistance Needed / N50 Charges On POS Transaction.... PHOTO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.