Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua (933 Views)

TB Joshua Nazareth Crusade: New York Times Celebrates Prophet (Photos) / TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Mayor Of Nazareth Hosts Prophet T.B Joshua In Israel(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
"Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?" (John 1:46 KJV)

That was the response of Nathanael to Philip after he told him that they had found Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah whose coming was foretold by Moses and the prophets.

For Nathanael couldn't comprehend how of all places in Israel, it would be Nazareth that the said Messiah would emanate from, for it didn't just make sense to him.

Which says a lot about the reputation of Nazareth at the time, for it seemed in the sight of men such a hopeless place where nothing good could emanate from.

But out of that same "hopeless" place called Nazareth that men thought nothing good could come out from, came out not just a good thing, but the best thing to have ever come out of any place, called Jesus.

That in a nutshell illustrates the difference between the ways of God and that of man, for something that is good for nothing and hopeless in the sight of man, could be the most useful and best place in the sight of God.

For who could have thought that of all places, that it would be a place like the hopeless, good for nothing Nazareth that God would decide that the promised Messiah who would bring hope not just to the people of Israel, but to all the peoples of the Earth, would come from?

Only a man that does not to see as men see, but whose sight has been adjusted to be in synchrony with the way that God sees. For that's the only way that when God does things as such the way that God loves to do His things, that man would not be surprised but know that it's just God being God, because he now sees as God sees and knows what to expect from God.

Speaking of which, who best fits that description but the same "good thing" that came out of Nazareth called Jesus?

For despite having known this about Him for a long time now, something that yet amazes me about Jesus up till date, is the extent to which He was in sync with the ways of God and how God loved to do His things. For He had become in sync with the ways of God, to the extent that He was also loving it, because the ways of God had become His way.

And one instance that perfectly illustrated that synchrony was this:

Luke 10:21 (KJV)

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

So how many men would have been able to rejoice and thank God for doing things in such a way as Jesus did on that occasion?

For even to find men in today's church, who
know the way of God and how He loves to hide these things from the "wise and prudent", but to reveal them to the "babes" as Jesus did, would be very hard.

How much more to find those that would be rejoicing and thanking God for doing things that way, because it seemed good in His sight?

For those "babes" that made Jesus rejoice and thank God for revealing those things to, were actually His disciples, but they were "babes" in the sense that they were more or less ignorant and unlearned men.

So it shouldn't come as a surprise that it was those same "babes" who God revealed those things to that made His church to be what it was when He founded it, for they were the leaders of that church.

And up till date it is still regarded as the greatest and most powerful church in the history of the church, which suggests why it seemed good in God's sight to do so, and also why Jesus rejoiced and was grateful to Him for what He had done.

But when you have a church filled with leaders that are so out of tune with the ways of God, and how it seemed good in His sight to do His things, but so in tune with the ways of men, that it has now become as a taboo and a sin for a "babe" to be a leader in the church, what would you expect but what the church has become that is the exact opposite of what the church was at the beginning?

For although they say the times have changed, and now is the time of knowledge etc., and hence that the church should not remain stagnant but evolve with the changing times, etc.

But unknown to the church and her leaders, the ways of God doesn't change with the times as that of men do, for God is the "I AM" meaning that He is the same yesterday, the same today, and the same He would remain forever.

So if it seemed good in God's sight to hide those things from the "wise and the prudent", and reveal them unto "babes" then when Jesus said it, that means that it still seemed good in God sight to hide those things from the "wise and the prudent" and reveal them unto "babes" now!

Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
There have been several instances in modern times that have proven this with respect to the church, but I would use the instance that emanated from Nigeria.

For Nigeria is as a modern day Nazareth which men view as a hopeless place where nothing good can come from.

And so I believe that was the feeling in Nazareth where Jesus came from, when it was recently announced that T.B. Joshua of Nigeria was coming to Nazareth.

For just as it was in the instance of Jesus of Nazareth, the question in the lips of men would have been:

"Can anything good come out of Nigeria?"

But just like God did in the instance of Jesus of Nazareth, God used T.B. Joshua of Nigeria to show the world that His ways are not as the ways of men, because that which is impossible with men is possible with God.

For the miracles that God used T.B. Joshua of Nigeria to do in Nazareth the place where Jesus came from, were similar to those that Jesus of Nazareth was said to have done in His day.

So Nazareth was able to relive some of the mighty works of God that they had become accustomed to during the days that Jesus of Nazareth was yet on Earth.

Moreover it was not just about something good from Nigeria which men thought nothing good could come from, but that God used a Nigerian "babe" called T. B. Joshua to accomplish this incredible feat, to show that God has not changed His ways of hiding these things from "the wise and the prudent", and revealing them unto "babes", for it still seemed good in His sight till this very day.

For T.B. Joshua as much as he had tried to modify it, is an illiterate just as those unlearned disciples who made Jesus rejoice in His Spirit and utter those words of gratitude to God in those days.

So i don't believe it's by coincidence that of all those wise and prudent church leaders that Nigeria boasts of, that it's an illiterate called T.B. Joshua that represents the height of the instance of God's mighty works in Nigeria, and probably the world, that makes people of all races and from all parts of the world troop into Nigeria, which alone is responsible for 60% of Nigeria's total tourism. For it's in keeping with the way God loves to do His things.

For God loves to use the foolish and ignorant things of this world to confound the wise and prudent.

And it takes only those whose ways are aligned with that of God, and how He loves to do His things, to comprehend these things as Jesus was able to do.

Hence i'm so ecstatic and grateful to God that He has hidden these things from the wise and the prudent, but has revealed them unto babes like T.B Joshua of Nigeria.

Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
However despite the unprecedented respect he commands from the international community, far more than any other Nigerian church leader, T.B Joshua of Nigeria is not respected in his own country.

But it is not exclusive to him, for Jesus of Nazareth who also was highly respected of foreigners also experienced the same treatment from His own people of Nazareth in His days, hence His saying:

"...A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house." Matthew 13:57 (KJV)

So to have that in common with Jesus should be a very good sign, and i know that aside being from Nigeria, another reason T.B. Joshua of Nigeria is not as respected in his own country as some other Nigerian church leaders, is because he is an unlearned man.

But of course that should also be a good sign as well, for maybe if he was wise and prudent as most of his counterparts, those things would have been hidden from him as well, and he would not have been entrusted with such extent of power which has accorded him this much respect from the foreigners as it was with Jesus.

And being a disciple of Jesus and one that emphasizes the example and Words of Jesus, i have to admit that T.B. Joshua is one of the Nigerian church leaders who reminds me of Jesus the most, both in his words and actions, for it even hard to see Nigerian church leaders who remind me of Jesus at all.

For i observe how compassionate he is about the poor and needy, and the extent to which he helps them. And I think that even during the period that debate concerning tithing was rife, he was one of the few church leaders that opined that tithes ought to be used to help the poor.

And I have also listen to his teachings, and I would say that it is closer to that of Jesus more than that of most church leaders.

And then there is the extent of mighty works which is in accordance with the teachings of Jesus concerning the signs that shall follow those that believe. Mark 16:16-17.

And it's also in keeping with how God loved to do His things, using the foolish things of this world to confound the wise with the foolish things of this world, and hiding those things from the wise and the prudent, but revealing it unto babes etc.

So even though I believe that He still has much to learn from the perfect example of Jesus, for God to be able to do even much more with him than He's doing now, i have seen more than enough to say that there's surely a man of God in Nigeria, and his name is T.B. Joshua.

And I believe that God is using him as an example to show that as hopeless as hopeless as the nation is in the sight of men, that they think that nothing good can come out of Nigeria, that He is able to use even the least expected Nigerian thing in man's sight to make something good to come out of Nigeria.

So yes, something good can come out of Nigeria!

Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2019
TB Joshua’s Meeting in Nazareth Is Rebranding Africa’s Image Abroad…

In the last week, Israeli media has been awash with news of the controversial visit of Nigerian cleric T.B. Joshua to Nazareth.

Initial news of the visit ignited a furore among apprehensive religious leaders from both the Muslim and Orthodox Christian sector but the tone among locals has emphatically shifted in the aftermath of the successful event.

Dele Momodu, the larger-than-life owner of Ovation Magazine and erstwhile presidential candidate in Nigeria, was among the visitors in Israel to attend the much-publicised Christian event in Jesus’ hometown.

Whilst traversing the ‘Holy Land’, he sampled opinions regarding the controversial cleric and was surprised at the warm response of Israeli’s.

“Joshua-mania hits Israel… It is incredible how T.B. Joshua is wowing the people of Israel,” wrote Momodu to his 500,000 followers on Instagram, subsequently sharing short video clips of taxi drivers speaking glowingly of the cleric.

“Joshua is a good man,” a Nazarene driver named Alosh ecstatically remarked to Momodu. “He is always welcome to Israel. Everyone knows him here and we love him!”

Buttressing Momodu’s assertion, the Mayor of Nazareth, Ali Sallam, touted the economic benefit derived by Joshua’s visit in an interview with local Arabic media, stating the region of Nazareth would accrue up to $1,000,000 as a result of the influx of tourists.

A Nigerian living in Israel named Kennedy stated that Israeli reactions towards him – and his fellow Africans living in the nation – had significantly brightened after Joshua’s two-day event.

“Many of us Africans who work here in Israel are treated with suspicion and we sometimes feel marginalised,” the Tel-Aviv based electrician originally from Imo State said in a video posted online.

“But after TB Joshua’s visit, I have observed a notable difference. Many people have approached to ask me more about Nigeria; they are responding far more positively to me and black people in general,” he stated. “I can testify that T.B. Joshua’s meeting in Nazareth is rebranding Africa’s image abroad.”

Writing on Facebook, Julian H – a pilgrim from UK who attended the event – recounted the experience of how an Arabian seller at a local market gave him free fruit after learning he had attended the meeting with Joshua.

“He told me he watched the event live on a local station and was amazed that miracles can still happen today in Nazareth,” the Brit explained.

“Whether you hate this man or like him, the fact remains that T.B Joshua is Nigeria’s biggest export to the world at the moment,” penned Chukwudi Iwuchukwu, a lawyer and social media influencer, on Facebook.

“No other Nigerian – dead or alive – has the capacity to attract such global media attention except him, which makes him one of Africa’s biggest ever icons,” he bluntly wrote.

Opinion among the local Muslim community in Nazareth – which was significantly divisive before the event – has also swung heavily in the pastor’s favour in the aftermath.

“I thought Joshua was coming to try and force us to convert,” an Arabic clothes vendor named Habib stated.

“But I realise he is just a good man with a message of love for all. Also, I sold more in this last week than in the last four months combined because of the tourists he brought to our town – so he’s definitely welcome back!”

A young group of Arabic men admitted they actually attended the event to mock it. “I went with my friends for a joke. I thought they were all a bunch of actors but when I saw someone whom I personally knew receive healing, I started taking it seriously,” wrote Ahmed Dahar in Arabic on Facebook.

The two-day meeting, which has been viewed 500,000 times on Emmanuel TV’s YouTube channel since its broadcast, also received coverage from international media such as The New York Times and Reuters.

Ihechukwu Njoku writes from Lagos, Nigeria

Source: www.maravipost.com/tb-joshuas-meeting-in-nazareth-is-rebranding-africas-image-abroad/

Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 09, 2019
With God it is possible!
Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
God is about to happen in this land.
Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2019
Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of Nazareth/Nigeria? Jesus And T.B. Joshua by TruthinAction: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
How dare you compare a confirmed scammer with Christ? Gullible souls. Your eyes will be clear very soon.

(1) (Reply)

I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin LIVE IN LAGOS Worship Center / If I Get Banned For This Then I Will Make It Worth It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.