Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! (937 Views)

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. / Christian Struggling With Marijuana Addiction / I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
Pardon the lengthy thread please

Hello children of faith, I was born into a Christian family and never tried some habits like drinking of alcohol, fornication, smoking cigarettes and marìjuana, cooking with marìjuana till I got mixed with friends especially during my NYSC even though I've had marìjuana (didn't smoke it) through a friend years before I even went to serve.

My parents have always been the strict type and me and my siblings are the "get inside" type of children. I've always had it in mind to "explore" life during my youth service and I did to an extent.

I smoked weed at a fellow Corp member's birthday party for the first time and last time ever even though I was used to eating it to get the high which is way more wavy than smoking, I smoked 9 sticks of cigarettes the first day I smoked cigarette (I later stopped taking it after the 3rd experience because it was always making me feel sick and vomiting), I was used to alcohol always, I had a Corper girlfriend and we had sex uncountably ( I only had sex twice few months before I went to serve).

I thought I was enjoying life and all but I couldn't keep up with all these after NYSC because I returned to my parents. There's no way I'd take alcohol and they won't perceive the smell, I'd be a dead meat though I didn't really like alcohol anyways because I hate the hangover and feeling I get when it starts to clear off my face so I resorted to eating weed while I was back at home.

I get high and do all sorts, nobody would know because it doesn't smell like alcohol and no one would even know the smell if it does a little. The "highness" I get from weed can NEVER be compared to any other thing I've tasted. It just feels so different, I think on another level, I see things differently, food tastes better, music sounds so much better and a whole lot of vibez I was getting that I can't even explain. I was still fornicating consistently, almost but not every day.

Some things happened and I started praying more than ever before, started reading my Bible, asked God for forgiveness of sins especially the fornication because I don't see taking weed as a sin owing to the fact that its a herb created by God almighty himself unlike alcohol or cocaine, tramadol and others that are man made.

I get high on weed almost all round the clock then I'd take my tolerance break of a week or two every two months or so because I did my research on weed and the lifestyle of stoners as I was a proud stoner.

The last day of August was the last time I fornicated and the first day of September was the last time I took weed. I wanted to stop fornication totally and get serious with serving God, praying every now and then, doing personal vigils, fasting at least twice a week( this has been my habit since I got back from NYSC though) but I only stopped the weed because I told myself I'd be going on a tolerance break of two weeks.

I've been praying, fasting, studying the bible, going to church's Bible study, prayer meetings that I've never been attending and I'm loving my relationship with God more and more but the problem now is I still don't see anything bad in taking weed but I'm praying for the grace to stop fornication totally and I know God has bestowed that grace upon me.

Today makes it two weeks since I last had weed. I still don't feel like taking it for now as I'm having an awkward feeling that it might have been affecting my personal spiritual life but I'm having another feeling that I can't run from weed for long.

I still have a big roll of weed out of the last batch my plug delivered and something is telling me I should stop it forever while another is telling me this is something I love and can't run from for long.

I don't see it as a sin but I'm having a feeling it might not be good for me personally spiritually. Honestly, I don't know the kind of advice I need but I needed to share this with spirit-fillled people and I would love your opinion on this issue.
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by judgementyard(m): 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2019
I've thought of quitting smoking for a million times but never stopped,only breaks here and there.
My advice to you is,if it doesn't affect your relationship with people,it doesn't affect you in your day to day activities, keep the fahyy burning but if it does,then quit.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
judgementyard:
I've thought of quitting smoking for a million times but never stopped,only breaks here and there.
My advice to you is,if it doesn't affect your relationship with people,it doesn't affect you in your day to day activities, keep the fahyy burning but if it does,then quit.
Honestly, it doesn't affect my relationship with people, my whole body functions better when I'm stoned, I see mistakes others don't see and I point them out, my mind works way much better, you'd understand me better if you're a stoner. The only thing is I'd often like to relax instead of going extra mile to work or stress myself whenever I'm stoned, I'm not really worried about this as I have a great self control skill. One of the main points of tolerance break for me is to reassure myself I'm in control of myself and nothing controls me.

The only worry I have is the further development of my spiritual life or if God frowns at it.

1 Like

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Rhema04(m): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2019
Marijuana? Igbo kohun Ni? Omo pau
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by jchioma: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2019

I don't see taking weed as a sin owing to the fact that its a herb created by God almighty himself unlike alcohol or cocaine, tramadol and others that are man made.

Hmmm!

This man will not stop marijuana any time soon. No, not with this mindset ...
You are hooked brother.

Kinda remind me of a song:

"I was gonna clean my room until I got high ..."

1 Like

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
jchioma:

Hmmm!

This man will not stop marijuana any time soon. No, not with this mindset ...
You are hooked brother.

Kinda remind me of a song:

"I was gonna clean my room until I got high ..."
maybe I have the wrong mindset? Who sang the song by the way?
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
Rhema04:
Marijuana? Igbo kohun Ni? Omo pau
how old are you really
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by budaatum: 1:28am On Sep 16, 2019
If you consider the amount of effort you need to put in to find a place to smoke and get rid of the smell off you once you're done, you'd find its lots of planning, planning, that would be more beneficial if put to better use.

Then consider cost. Its cheap in Naija but the quality is not up to much either. An eight of an ounce (less than 4gm), is ₦15,000 in some countries, and the high is much higher too, and despite your breaks, you'd eventually find you've developed tolerance levels and so need the stronger hits.

I'd very strongly advise you quit, or you'd be looking back one day considering what you could have done with all that time and money you burnt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 16, 2019
You are saying this because you have been conditioned to think this way. You think there is a god somewhere who give a f*ck how u run your things? absolute Nah.

However, responding to the requests of our senses alone is equivalent to slavery. Body and its desires has only one goal... DEATH

Your only sin is that, you forgot who you really are. Taking weeds, drinking alcohol, having sex, getting wild... are nothing but struggles with basic instincts; something man need to overcome before his godly nature can appear.

All you need is self realization, once this happened, you will constantly be in orgasm with nature. Consequently, you will no more be a slave to basic instincts, but a master of your own life.

Based on personal experience, the day I dropped biblical God and his redemption plan gave me some kinda control over my senses. I remembered telling God that I was never a sinner and that he should keep his sons and bloods... blah blah.

The moment I realized there is no God to offend or from whom to seek forgiveness gave me a sense of responsibility; any request by my physical senses undergoes serious scrutiny, I became more conscious and less wild day in day out.

Don't be a slave to your feelings for any reason, and at the same time, don't repress; most especially sex energy; there is nothing wrong with it. But, each time you finished having sex, ask yourself "what did I gain?" and before every sex act ask "what will I gain?". It doesn't matter Wether it is Youthery or Adultery; sex is sex and it is neither wrong nor right.

For the weed, I will not recommend it for no other reason but "Addiction", not because society or religion say so. I've been using it for years and sometimes I consciously (not compulsively) stay away for over a year. I take it because I want to, not because I feel like.

Seek your god as you believed, but not as a condemned person. Always be in charge of your life. Be conscious of your body, treat it well, it's your vehicle for now.

Too much of everything has no benefit.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Rhema04(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2019
MarryJuana:
how old are you really
... Lollll
Na only my own you wan dey reason... Well-done dear Marryjuana
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Leis: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2019
Smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol evil,anything that influences your mind is not godly, seek God with repentance spirit and he would draw closer to you.
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by OkCornel(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2019
Dear OP, fighting negative addictions is more effective when you channel your focus to something positive you're passionate about, and adds value to others.

If you focus merely on stopping the addiction without substituting it for a positive desire, you will surely relapse.

Keywords: Switch your focus, and substitute the negative desire for something passionate & positive. For nature abhors vacuum.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by jchioma: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2019
MarryJuana:
maybe I have the wrong mindset? Who sang the song by the way?

Okay O...

Afroman - Because I Got High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:
If you consider the amount of effort you need to put in to find a place to smoke and get rid of the smell off you once you're done, you'd find its lots of planning, planning, that would be more beneficial if put to better use.

Then consider cost. Its cheap in Naija but the quality is not up to much either. An eight of an ounce (less than 4gm), is ₦15,000 in some countries, and the high is much higher too, and despite your breaks, you'd eventually find you've developed tolerance levels and so need the stronger hits.

I'd very strongly advise you quit, or you'd be looking back one day considering what you could have done with all that time and money you burnt.

Maybe you didn't read all my initial post, I've only ever smoked mj once, I eat it to get high and it's much more wavy than smoking. That method also eliminates the planning and time wastage as I could chew it anytime (while watching TV, in the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, at school, while driving) and no one would know what I have in my mouth.

The financial drain is a very valid point even though I don't spend too much as I only take reggie which is kind of cheap over here. 1k weed lasts me for almost two weeks until my body system starts getting used to it then I'd require more quantity to attain the desired level of high which shortens the lifespan of the supply.

Thanks for your points, I've seen something in them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
evilive:
You are saying this because you have been conditioned to think this way. You think there is a god somewhere who give a f*ck how u run your things? absolute Nah.

However, responding to the requests of our senses alone is equivalent to slavery. Body and its desires has only one goal... DEATH

Your only sin is that, you forgot who you really are. Taking weeds, drinking alcohol, having sex, getting wild... are nothing but struggles with basic instincts; something man need to overcome before his godly nature can appear.

All you need is self realization, once this happened, you will constantly be in orgasm with nature. Consequently, you will no more be a slave to basic instincts, but a master of your own life.

Based on personal experience, the day I dropped biblical God and his redemption plan gave me some kinda control over my senses. I remembered telling God that I was never a sinner and that he should keep his sons and bloods... blah blah.

The moment I realized there is no God to offend or from whom to seek forgiveness gave me a sense of responsibility; any request by my physical senses undergoes serious scrutiny, I became more conscious and less wild day in day out.

Don't be a slave to your feelings for any reason, and at the same time, don't repress; most especially sex energy; there is nothing wrong with it. But, each time you finished having sex, ask yourself "what did I gain?" and before every sex act ask "what will I gain?". It doesn't matter Wether it is Youthery or Adultery; sex is sex and it is neither wrong nor right.

For the weed, I will not recommend it for no other reason but "Addiction", not because society or religion say so. I've been using it for years and sometimes I consciously (not compulsively) stay away for over a year. I take it because I want to, not because I feel like.

Seek your god as you believed, but not as a condemned person. Always be in charge of your life. Be conscious of your body, treat it well, it's your vehicle for now.

Too much of everything has no benefit.

I so much learned from this and I'm impressed you approached with an open mind.

As for the emboldened part, I've done some research and for me personally, marijuana is not addictive because I'm not addicted to it. I take it if I want to and I stop to observe my tolerance break whenever I want to even though I have supplies left like right now.

More reason I go on breaks is to reassure myself I can function perfectly and perform my activities with or without getting stoned. This helps me not to subject myself to basic instincts as you've stated.

I've learnt quite a lot from your reply I must confess, thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
OkCornel:
Dear OP, fighting negative addictions is more effective when you channel your focus to something positive you're passionate about, and adds value to others.

If you focus merely on stopping the addiction without substituting it for a positive desire, you will surely relapse.

Keywords: Switch your focus, and substitute the negative desire for something passionate & positive. For nature abhors vacuum.
This is insightful, thanks. This approach should work quite well for my sex addiction. I'm addicted to sex not weed.

As for weed, I'm not addicted to it. I take it if I want and go on break for weeks or months even when it's readily available. I just want to know that whenever I take it, it's not against God's policy or Christian faith or if it is because I don't see myself stopping it for life.

1 Like

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2019
jchioma:

Okay O...

Afroman - Because I Got High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
this song is so damn funny grin and I think it's telling the story of an addict on a lighter note cry

1 Like

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by OkCornel(m): 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2019
MarryJuana:
This is insightful, thanks. This approach should work quite well for my sex addiction. I'm addicted to sex not weed.

As for weed, I'm not addicted to it. I take it if I want and go on break for weeks or months even when it's readily available. I just want to know that whenever I take it, it's not against God's policy or Christian faith or if it is because I don't see myself stopping it for life.

You're welcome bro.

I await your success story over that addiction.

Cheers.
Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
God Almighty is the Creator of all plants and he created them for our use! Psalms 104:14

God have a reason for each plant you see in the field, this means he wants us to enjoy everything to the fullest.

Our problem generated from the single act Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden. They intentionally told God face to face to give them a breathing space. This means they don't want him telling them how to make use of what he gave them!

It was all summed up as the knowledge of good and bad! Genesis 2:17

So in a nutshell, the plant used in making MARIJUANA must have been created for something worthwhile.
But since the line of communication between God and Adam was abruptly broken, and as God's first born human son who supposed to teach us all how to make the best use of all the plants {Luke 3:38}, we can't easily pick up any plant and start using it just because we feel like been high. God caused the ground, thorns and thistles sprout everywhere! {Genesis 3:17-18}
Adam did not stayed enough with his father to gain the needed knowledge regarding the plants around him, he couldn't unite his family as one so that they could all experiment how to make the best use of things created for them,he never lived long enough to teach his children about the plants he knew as purposeful made to differentiate such from the thorns and thistles!

There's nothing bad in doing things that's beneficial, most especially when others also derive benefits from such actions. But we should be very watchful about whatever changes our personality! Romans 6:6, Ephesians 4:22, Colossians 3:9

Your personality matters most before any other thing. You need to consider

What sort of person you're?

To what extent is the change in you?

Will it be permanent or occasional?

Whatever changes you from the real you is NOT good for you if you can't sustain such a change making it permanent! Philippians 4:8

Moreover one man's brain is powerful than the other, that's why most people can't manage stress, alcohol, emotional blackmail, disappointment, unpleasant sound and so on. Your brain is strong enough to hold on to the powerful challenge that marijuana brings, but when old age comes the brain becomes lighter and you'll not be able to sustain such challenges anymore! Ecclesiastes 12:1

Smoking is a dirty habit and TRUE Christians can help you rid it off you! 2Corinthians 7:1

So if you truthfully want to break free of the defilement, welcome Jehovah's Witnesses in your home. We're ever ready to assist you in winning back your own soul from the shackles of dirty habits like SMOKING!

All you need is believe in the power of God to help you in taking such bold step {Hebrew 4:12} and God will surely bless that effort you make! 1Thessalonians 2:13

1 Like

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by HappyPagan: 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
I smoke daily, a lot. I think I'm addicted at this point.

Like you said, it's relaxing, helps clear my head and thoughts, and I feel less moody when I take it.

Buda's point about finances and planning is a good one - if you can budget and stick to your budget, that's cool.

I'm irreligious though, and can't offer any input on whether weed is divine or not. I do not have the ability to discern God's mind on such carnal matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by CaveAdullam: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2019
Everything you thought you have overcome will conquer you when it comes as a rushing wind because they are mere resolutions; I won't do this again, I won't do that again and so on.

You don't decide to stop sin, once you confess the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior and believe in your heart that He is the Son of God, the Holy Spirit begins with His work to manifest the Life of Christ from your spirit to your body.

Have you considered the adverse effects of taking marijuana?

What did the Holy Spirit tell you about Marijuana?

Will the Holy Spirit encourage you to consume marijuana today and become an out/in hospital patient in future?

Yes, marijuana consumption whether eating or smoking is not a sin. But remember somethings are lawful but not all things build up. Even in the medical field you are not advice to take some particular drugs if the risk will outweigh the benefits. This is the case you need to consider my dear brother.

Don't just make resolutions in overcoming sin because that's fainting on the cross of Calvary, we go to the cross of Calvary to die aka crucifixion. Your flesh must be crucified along with its desires, only then you can experience the joy of salvation and know what is right from wrong within God's perspective. This is the wonderful work of the Holy Spirit only if you will surrender your volition to Him.

Pray with Psalms 139:23 and Galatians 2:20.

Let the Holy Spirit lead in every areas of your life.

Thanks.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Lonelypacifist6: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
Just seek help.

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by MarryJuana: 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Honestly I can't thank you guys who have replied enough. This is unusual of Nairaland members to pass their messages across without the insults, curse words and name calling.

I have immensely gained a lot from all the replies here and the bottomline is the decision lies with me, be it spiritually or physically.

Lonelypacifist6 CaveAdullam HappyPagan Maximus69
OkCornel budaatum jchioma Leis evilive judgementyard

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love Marijuana And I'm Confused, Help Please! by Ihedinobi3: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
MarryJuana:
Pardon the lengthy thread please

Hello children of faith, I was born into a Christian family and never tried some habits like drinking of alcohol, fornication, smoking cigarettes and marìjuana, cooking with marìjuana till I got mixed with friends especially during my NYSC even though I've had marìjuana (didn't smoke it) through a friend years before I even went to serve.

My parents have always been the strict type and me and my siblings are the "get inside" type of children. I've always had it in mind to "explore" life during my youth service and I did to an extent.

I smoked weed at a fellow Corp member's birthday party for the first time and last time ever even though I was used to eating it to get the high which is way more wavy than smoking, I smoked 9 sticks of cigarettes the first day I smoked cigarette (I later stopped taking it after the 3rd experience because it was always making me feel sick and vomiting), I was used to alcohol always, I had a Corper girlfriend and we had sex uncountably ( I only had sex twice few months before I went to serve).

I thought I was enjoying life and all but I couldn't keep up with all these after NYSC because I returned to my parents. There's no way I'd take alcohol and they won't perceive the smell, I'd be a dead meat though I didn't really like alcohol anyways because I hate the hangover and feeling I get when it starts to clear off my face so I resorted to eating weed while I was back at home.

I get high and do all sorts, nobody would know because it doesn't smell like alcohol and no one would even know the smell if it does a little. The "highness" I get from weed can NEVER be compared to any other thing I've tasted. It just feels so different, I think on another level, I see things differently, food tastes better, music sounds so much better and a whole lot of vibez I was getting that I can't even explain. I was still fornicating consistently, almost but not every day.

Some things happened and I started praying more than ever before, started reading my Bible, asked God for forgiveness of sins especially the fornication because I don't see taking weed as a sin owing to the fact that its a herb created by God almighty himself unlike alcohol or cocaine, tramadol and others that are man made.

I get high on weed almost all round the clock then I'd take my tolerance break of a week or two every two months or so because I did my research on weed and the lifestyle of stoners as I was a proud stoner.

The last day of August was the last time I fornicated and the first day of September was the last time I took weed. I wanted to stop fornication totally and get serious with serving God, praying every now and then, doing personal vigils, fasting at least twice a week( this has been my habit since I got back from NYSC though) but I only stopped the weed because I told myself I'd be going on a tolerance break of two weeks.

I've been praying, fasting, studying the bible, going to church's Bible study, prayer meetings that I've never been attending and I'm loving my relationship with God more and more but the problem now is I still don't see anything bad in taking weed but I'm praying for the grace to stop fornication totally and I know God has bestowed that grace upon me.

Today makes it two weeks since I last had weed. I still don't feel like taking it for now as I'm having an awkward feeling that it might have been affecting my personal spiritual life but I'm having another feeling that I can't run from weed for long.

I still have a big roll of weed out of the last batch my plug delivered and something is telling me I should stop it forever while another is telling me this is something I love and can't run from for long.

I don't see it as a sin but I'm having a feeling it might not be good for me personally spiritually. Honestly, I don't know the kind of advice I need but I needed to share this with spirit-fillled people and I would love your opinion on this issue.

Hi there.

I don't know you very well, but what I have heard so far suggests to me that you may listen to what I have to say. You also may not, but perhaps it will serve some other person's benefit.

First, all manner of addiction, except, of course, for any addiction to the Word of Truth is wrong:

[12]All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
1 Corinthians 6:12 NASB

[23]All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
1 Corinthians 10:23 NASB

[22]But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
[23]gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23 NASB

Second, hard drugs are at least suspect, if not sinful outright. For this, see Revelation 9:21 in the Greek. The word translated "sorcery" in the English translations is better translated "potions" and refers to drugs generally taken in connection with religious rituals. Granted that that is not always the case with marijuana or any other such drug today really, behavior-altering drugs do just about the same thing as the "potions" of that ancient time. As demonstrated in Point #1 above, if it leads to loss of self-control, it is not good for you.

Third, we all have a free will. Addictions are hard to break, not because we don't have a free will and thus cannot help ourselves, but because we don't want to break them. That is what makes then addictions: our love for them. If then, you want to break an addiction, you have to love something competing with it more than you love it. That competing thing can be the Lord and His Truth. It is your choice whether to turn your love to Him or not.

Fourth, I highly recommend https://ichthys.com if you are willing to start learning the Bible seriously and adjust your life to God's Pleasure.

(1) (Reply)

Some Misconceptions That Is Causing Set-back In Today's Christianity / If You've Ever Doubted Jehovah's Witnesses Are Mind Conditioned , Please Watch / For The Original Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.