Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

EXPOSED: A 419 Conspiracy Between Airtel And Opera Mini - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / EXPOSED: A 419 Conspiracy Between Airtel And Opera Mini (290 Views)

My Chat With A Scammer A.k.a 419 / Which Should I Go For Between Airtel Router Or MTN Hynet Flex? / All Transfer USSD For MTN, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat (updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: A 419 Conspiracy Between Airtel And Opera Mini by dumahi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
I relocated to a new place as a result of my job. So, I started using Airtel because it is the only data network that works fine there. I have noticed that since I started using airtel that I have been getting very interruptive/interactive pop-up ads from opera Mini which forced me to eventually download the browser.

I have not been using the browser for a long time. Then today, I tried using it. One of the default links I found on it is entitled 'My Bible'. So I clicked on the link to see 'my Bible' only to be told I have been subscribed to a Bible service powered by airtel.

Can't Airtel and Opera Mini give us the right of choice? They are already big companies. So, must they continue to defraud us in order to get bigger? I am sure that they are using this method of fraud against millions of subscribers and so I'm using this opportunity to call them out and to warn everybody against that. We should not let that continue.

I have uninstalled opera mini because I don't want a situation where I would recharge and try to buy data and, all of a sudden, I'll be told that the money has been depleted to cover my subscription charges. Thank you.
Re: EXPOSED: A 419 Conspiracy Between Airtel And Opera Mini by donifecent(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2019
Very bad of them. NCC should do something

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo would have won Copa America before Messi If need be / S7 48k Single Sim / President Buhari Jets Out Of Nigeria For Liberia’s 172nd Independent Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.