Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects (759 Views)

List Of Nairaland Escrow / I Need Help Of Nairaland Webmasters. / Cp-africa’s Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects by radiolover(m): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
I first discovered Nairaland in 2013 during my Google search. Then I was still battling with admission into tertiary institution. One of the ways to keep myself busy pending when admission will smile at me was to pick up the small job that came my way as a computer operator in a small firm. The pay was nothing to write home about but then it was better than nothing. Besides, I hate idleness so I was ok with the job even though the pay wasn't good and during my free time in the office, with my then Nokia m2 (hope that was the brand name of the phone), I used it for a lot of googling finding meanings to words. However, since almost every word has been used on Nairaland, in most cases, your Google search links you to a thread on Nairaland. That was how I discovered the site and when you click open the thread and start reading reactions/comments, at times I used to laugh all alone and people around will be surprised if I am ok or I have gone insane. Ever since then, I've stayed so glued to this wonderful site. Actually, this is my second account. My first account was over 4 years and it became boring to me, I had to deactivate it and create this one.

Now, let's review benefits of this site in the following ways

1) EDUCATION/ENLIGHTENMENT: Most Nairalanders would agree with me that this site has great potential in educating and enlightening people to a very large extent. Each time you come here and read different comments from different threads, you learn a lot from the people especially new words and grammatical constructions. I must say I'm one person this site has impacted positively in this aspect.

2) BUSINESS GROUND: So many businessmen/women have established one successful business or the other through this forum. Top gainers are those in Autos (according to my perception).

3) PROMOTION OF OTHER SITES: So many blogs and other online sites have gained needed popularity as a result of posting their blog links on this forum which always result to people visiting their sites via the link posted here.

4) SOURCE OF INFORMATION: As far as Nigeria in particular is concerned, any information about the country, this is number one place to get it. In fact, if it's not on this forum, then it's probably no where else. Here you are fed with all sort of information including when Tonto Dike and Bob Risky are going and returning from the toilet.

5) CONNECTIONS: So many connections have been created via this forum. Be it business connection, relationship connection, job connection etc.

6) FUN ARENA: One of the ways to off boredom in your life is to come here and read through comments. Believe me, out of 10 comments, at least 2 will surely crack you up.

7) SHARING OF IDEAS: A million and one business ideas have been shared on this forum. And so many people have started their own businesses as a result of ideas shared on this forum.

cool HELPERS: Who says you cannot find an helper on this forum? I stand to testify on that. I had serious financial challenges in my academic and I made an appeal here, behold someone contacted me and helped me out. I couldn't control my joy honestly.

I can go on and on listing numerous benefits of this forum, but due to battery and time, I leave it for you to add your own.

Happy Sunday to you all. God bless.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects by General0847: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2019
radiolover:
I first discovered Nairaland in 2013 during my Google search. Then I was still battling with admission into tertiary institution. One of the ways to keep myself busy pending when admission will smile at me was to pick up the small job that came my way as a computer operator in a small firm. The pay was nothing to write home about but then it was better than nothing. Besides, I hate idleness so I was ok with the job even though the pay wasn't good and during my free time in the office, with my then Nokia m2 (hope that was the brand name of the phone), I used it for a lot of googling finding meanings to words. However, since almost every word has been used on Nairaland, in most cases, your Google search links you to a thread on Nairaland. That was how I discovered the site and when you click open the thread and start reading reactions/comments, at times I used to laugh all alone and people around will be surprised if I am ok or I have gone insane. Ever since then, I've stayed so glued to this wonderful site. Actually, this is my second account. My first account was over 4 years and it became boring to me, I had to deactivate it and create this one.

Now, let's review benefits of this site in the following ways

1) EDUCATION/ENLIGHTENMENT: Most Nairalanders would agree with me that this site has great potential in educating and enlightening people to a very large extent. Each time you come here and read different comments from different threads, you learn a lot from the people especially new words and grammatical constructions. I must say I'm one person this site has impacted positively in this aspect.

2) BUSINESS GROUND: So many businessmen/women have established one successful business or the other through this forum. Top gainers are those in Autos (according to my perception).

3) PROMOTION OF OTHER SITES: So many blogs and other online sites have gained needed popularity as a result of posting their blog links on this forum which always result to people visiting their sites via the link posted here.

4) SOURCE OF INFORMATION: As far as Nigeria in particular is concerned, any information about the country, this is number one place to get it. In fact, if it's not on this forum, then it's probably no where else. Here you are fed with all sort of information including when Tonto Dike and Bob Risky are going and returning from the toilet.

5) CONNECTIONS: So many connections have been created via this forum. Be it business connection, relationship connection, job connection etc.

6) FUN ARENA: One of the ways to off boredom in your life is to come here and read through comments. Believe me, out of 10 comments, at least 2 will surely crack you up.

7) SHARING OF IDEAS: A million and one business ideas have been shared on this forum. And so many people have started their own businesses as a result of ideas shared on this forum.

cool HELPERS: Who says you cannot find an helper on this forum? I stand to testify on that. I had serious financial challenges in my academic and I made an appeal here, behold someone contacted me and helped me out. I couldn't control my joy honestly.

I can go on and on listing numerous benefits of this forum, but due to battery and time, I leave it for you to add your own.

Happy Sunday to you all. God bless.

You forgot to include that it's a hot bed for ethnic bigots and religious fanatics. A place were the unintelligent hide under anonymous monikers to spew out hate and ignorance.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects by radiolover(m): 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
General0847:

You forgot to include that it's a hot bed for ethnic bigots and religious fanatics. A place were the unintelligent hide under anonymous monikers to spew out hate and ignorance.

I purposely refused to do that because such shouldn't be promoted.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects by radiolover(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 have you guys read this?
Re: A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects by ObaKlaz: 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hehehehegrin This OP here must have been taking courses on how to be 'politically correct'.
Well done, sha.

Lemme just move on before I ruin Sunday for some Mods who can't do simple proof-reading but it gives them hard-on to ban and to apply "THREAD CLOSED"
Re: A Review Of Nairaland, Benefits And Prospects by General0847: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
radiolover:

I purposely refused to do that because such shouldn't be promoted.

It doesn't need promotion here on NL, this is the home of tribalism and bigotry in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Fiverr,upwork,freelancer Accounts To Buy / How Do You Get Your Traffic Without Seo? / Fresh USA And Naija Adsense For Sale At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.