Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Is Freedom Of Religion Sanctioned By Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Freedom Of Religion Sanctioned By Islam? (327 Views)

Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy / How Muhammad Ali Was Deceived By Islam & Why Cassius Clay Was His Greatest Name / More Terrorist Will Always Be Breeded By Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Freedom Of Religion Sanctioned By Islam? by efficiencie(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
I saw this quote in an Islamic website where some was responding to a question regarding honor killings in Islamic countries

`Abdullah ibn Mas`ud, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,“The blood of a Muslim may not be legally spilt other than in one of three [instances]: the married person who commits adultery; a life for a life; and one who forsakes his religion and abandons the community.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
Source: https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=874
Re: Is Freedom Of Religion Sanctioned By Islam? by captianfreeman(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
No.
Re: Is Freedom Of Religion Sanctioned By Islam? by jubrilcastle(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
The Qur'an says: There is no compulsion in religion (2:256)

Surah Al-Kafirun. Chapter 109

Say, "O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."
Re: Is Freedom Of Religion Sanctioned By Islam? by efficiencie(m): 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2019
jubrilcastle:
The Qur'an says: There is no compulsion in religion (2:256)

Surah Al-Kafirun. Chapter 109

Say, "O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

While I have not confirmed your hadith from its source...it does not directly address the hadith I quoted. In the hadith I quoted, it is clear that a muslim can be killed if he turns away from Islam or from the islamic community. This hadith came from the very mouth of the prophet of Islam. So unless the prophet likes contradicting himself, he can't say yes and no on a matter at the same time...He says a muslim's blood can be shed if he forsakes his religion and abandons the community. So even if there is no compulsion in religion, muslims can be killed by muslims for abandoning the authentic version of islam and abandoning their community... is this not why Boko Haram kills fellow muslims, who they perceive to have deviated from the true path of islam?

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing Thin Cow? / Can Mere Adultery Prevent Somebody From Making Heaven? / Islam Is A Religion Of Terrorism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.