Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa (27264 Views)

John Mikel Obi Retires From Football / Cameroon Coach Seedorf Reveals His Major Worry Ahead Of Clash Vs Nigeria / John Mikel Obi: Biography, Net Worth, Salary, Age, And Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by WhoIBe: 6:11am On Jul 08, 2019
Mcowubaba:
Bad news angry angry

Mikel is a legend, nobody is taking that away from him though, he is our captain, much respect to him

Legend, How?
Does that mean that anyone who has played football is a legend?
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Yello1(m): 6:14am On Jul 08, 2019
freemanbubble:

I tire o

I dey shame for that boy
Back pass master and also slow like injured snail or injured sloth

Who go believe say na him and them Fernando Llorent, David Silva, Cesc Fàbregas, Roberto Jimenes, Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero, juanfran, radamel falcao, Felipe Luis were age mate and even played youth ball together

I dey shame for that boy i swear
I beg, mikel has don his part too. Lot of dis peopl u keep talking about are not at dere peak no more. Mikel has don well for self. He cant be wat u wanted him to be forever.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by erayo2GCA(m): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2019
freemanbubble:

I tire o

I dey shame for that boy

Who go believe say na him and them Fernando Llorent, David Silva, Cesc Fàbregas, Roberto Jimenes, Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero, juanfran, radamel falcao, Felipe Luis were age mate and even played youth ball together

How are they better than mikel trophy wise??
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by maximus4455(m): 6:24am On Jul 08, 2019
Brilliance 2008 Very neat American model car .Registered and good engine. Goes for 700k call 08161830349

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by cookingsoul(m): 6:28am On Jul 08, 2019
oh noooooooo d curse of mikel loading.if u kno injured snail or sloth u kno mikel hi

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by lequama10: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2019
Chiwude:
Mr fake Nigeria saying trash about Mikel.
You, have you paid your dues to this country? Mikel has bled for Nigeria, from Under-17 in 2003 till now. He has won the nations cup for us and even donated his personal money for the national team. He even went to the Olympics to the detriment of his Chelsea position under Conte. What more do you wnt from him. A boy whose father was kidnapped twice in this country, yet he never turned his back against us but kept on playing.
Give Mikel a break, get a life and pray to be successful.
thank you boss, we know them, they are surely Arsenal or Manchester United fans... Their hate for the guy no be small. Funny thing is mikel has achieved better than most of those who started with him as a midfielder in arsenal join with man utd, Liverpool, machester city, even all Europe. Well I am proud of him he did his best and definitely patriotic...
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Cameroonglass(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2019
this Guy for don go house, and leave those young lads to play
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:06am On Jul 08, 2019
Chiwude:
Dude is finished, yet played for Middlesbrough. Dude is finished, yet recently signed a three year deal with Trabonspor. Mikel is not finished, his performance hasn't been great in this AFCON due to injuries.
Like I said, stop the hating and pray to be successful as Obi Mikel.
He finished Middlesborough in the championship division. They were 3rd when they brought him in January but finished 7th position in their league by April.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by lequama10: 7:07am On Jul 08, 2019
joshmee4real:

Especially in a game where the likes of Taiye Taiwo, Sanni Keita, Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke are doing very well in their respective clubs and have won a lot of medals, and Titles. and are now playing for the Superior eagles not Super Eagles again.
Till this monent , I m still wondering What has a black man done to his fellow Black men
bruv a cold bear for you.. God knows who curse this black race.. I taya for our mata..
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2019
freemanbubble:

I tire o

I dey shame for that boy

has he not achieved more than some of these players...??
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:12am On Jul 08, 2019
Chubhie:

Some blame Mourinho for altering his game. His game might have improved if he had joined Manchester united and not that madness he caused between Chelsea and United. I think it was more about the cash for him. Well, he made the cash tho.
why did zaha,manucho not make it at Man Utd... man went to Chelsea and for over ten years was hit case closed...
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:19am On Jul 08, 2019
WhoIBe:

Legend, How?
Does that mean that anyone who has played football is a legend?
Mikel is among the top ten greatest Nigerian footballers of all times.... so he is a legend for Africa and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by deavicky(m): 7:26am On Jul 08, 2019
Bamz:
Lol, Mikel is better off in the dressing room or on the bench encouraging the boys. A restraining order should be put in place so he does not get more than 5 meters to the pitch. cheesy
oboy u wicked oh.

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by princfred(m): 7:40am On Jul 08, 2019
When Mikel is fit he is good when unfit can be a waste.
But it should be understood that he has had a knee surgery too many that he can't be as fine as he used to be or is expected to be.
Having him in the team for his experience snd to make the lads serious is a plus to the team. Thats how Europeans do it: never allowing the big guns leave witout first passing their experience and confidence to the upcoming ones.
Obi has paid his dues to fill the big hole left at Jay -Jay retirement so deserves some respect.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by GEEBITE: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2019
Spare me that Olympics tale.It was at the twilight of his career,when he was much younger he absented himself from 2008 BEIJING Olympics which we stood better chance of winning.Forming latter day patriotism reporting to camp promptly after being disengaged by Boro.I recall that in 2006 nations cup he only arrived to play the second game of the competition.
Chiwude:
Mr fake Nigeria saying trash about Mikel.
You, have you paid your dues to this country? Mikel has bled for Nigeria, from Under-17 in 2003 till now. He has won the nations cup for us and even donated his personal money for the national team. He even went to the Olympics to the detriment of his Chelsea position under Conte. What more do you wnt from him. A boy whose father was kidnapped twice in this country, yet he never turned his back against us but kept on playing.
Give Mikel a break, get a life and pray to be successful.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Tonygeesm(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2019
[haba bro snail or slot are too slow already Na,how injured ones go come be quote author=freemanbubble post=80044402]
I tire o

I dey shame for that boy

I dey shame for that boy i swear[/quote]
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 8:23am On Jul 08, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
He finished Middlesborough in the championship division. They were 3rd when they brought him in January but finished 7th position in their league by April.

Ah i thought i was the only one who noticed how he destroyed their hearts , dude should not have brought him to middles borough .

Now the secret his out
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 08, 2019
lequama10:
thank you boss, we know them, they are surely Arsenal or Manchester United fans... Their hate for the guy no be small. Funny thing is mikel has achieved better than most of those who started with him as a midfielder in arsenal join with man utd, Liverpool, machester city, even all Europe. Well I am proud of him he did his best and definitely patriotic...
I'm really ashamed of some of these fans. Why the hate on your countryman because of club? Right from 2006 when Mikel snubbed Ferguson till now, many are yet to forgive Mikel Obi. It is either one useless theory of how Mikel didnt live up to his potentials because of Chelsea or another theory. And you wonder how the likes of Anderson flopped in that same role under the same Sir Alex Ferguson.
These lots are the virus affecting Man United ill performance, they rather jump club to Real Madrid than support their club in bad times. Go to the cyberspace and you'll will see these plastic fans in every Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo battle, supporting every club oga moves to and forming Portuguese supporters.
But they won't show this kind of support to their national team. Mikel has given his all for this country and it's left for us fans to be appreciative. How many of Mikel's U-20 mates down to even them Christiantus are still playing football? Mikel despite his form and injuries is still playing active football and has recently moved to the Turkish top flight. Yes, Mikel has been bad in the AFCON, but matches like the one against Cameroon where nobody in the midfield could hold the ball showed you why he's still vital to the team.
For us reasonable fans, we'll criticize Mikel when he plays bad, but for hate never. We'll never hate on Mikel Obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 08, 2019
GEEBITE:
Spare me that Olympics tale.It was at the twilight of his career,when he was much younger he absented himself from 2008 BEIJING Olympics which we stood better chance of winning.Forming latter day patriotism reporting to camp promptly after being disengaged by Boro.I recall that in 2006 nations cup he only arrived to play the second game of the competition.
Even if he had gone to the Olympics many of you will still criticise him for our falling to win the gold medal. You went on to say later day patriotism. How many of the top footballers of his time went to the Olympics? Did Rooney, Lampard, Cristiano Ronaldo, Essien, Drogba, Suarez, Falcao, Torres and others go for Olympics? But you have the temerity to criticize Mikel who still travelled with the team at his twilight, donated his own money to the team and even won a bronze medal at the end. You forgot that as at 2008, Mikel was facing stiff competition from Essien, Deco, Ballack, Zhikov and Lampard in Chelsea's midfield. So you wanted him to go to the Olympics to be diciplined by Mourinho who kicked against the idea. I see nothing but hate in your criticism.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by GEEBITE: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2019
Hate is far from me.What about 2006 nations cup or have you forgotten he feigned injury to miss 2010 world cup too?Same with nations cup earlier in the year.A good player remains one forget stiff comeptition. Yaya Toure was coming for nations cup steady in the middle of the busy EPL schedule.The spurs Korean striker has taken leave twice in about 18 months for national service and little known asian games.Yet he has proven to be a solid player. Mikel is an average player with so much hype.A midfielder with no power shots and cant win headers and one of the poorest goal ratio of a top flight EPL midfielders. Ndidi with few years in Leicester city, a mid size club has scored more goals than him and and has been rated better in tackles and interceptions.
Chiwude:
Even if he had gone to the Olympics many of you will still criticise him for our falling to win the gold medal. You went on to say later day patriotism. How many of the top footballers of his time went to the Olympics? Did Rooney, Lampard, Cristiano Ronaldo, Essien, Drogba, Suarez, Falcao, Torres and others go for Olympics? But you have the temerity to criticize Mikel who still travelled with the team at his twilight, donated his own money to the team and even won a bronze medal at the end. You forgot that as at 2008, Mikel was facing stiff competition from Essien, Deco, Ballack, Zhikov and Lampard in Chelsea's midfield. So you wanted him to go to the Olympics to be diciplined by Mourinho who kicked against the idea. I see nothing but hate in your criticism.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Unrated900(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2019
Mikel the king of back pass

Blessings comes to you

King of back pass.backward ever forward never

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by bigtt76(f): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2019
Baba dodged the Cameroon match because he thought the Super Eagles would lose and wouldn't want to be apportioned blame ....now he's coming back because we are playing South Africa ...nansense angry

ackim:
The midfielder has overcome a knee problem and could be set to give Gernot Rohr a major boost as the Super Eagles prepare for Stuart Baxter’s men

Nigeria captain Obi Mikel has handed coach Gernot Rohr a selection boost ahead of their Africa Cup of Nations quarterfinal against South Africa.

The Super Eagles midfielder took part in light training during the team’s recovery session on Sunday morning, seven days after he limped out of Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Madagascar.

With this development, Rohr would be positive about his chances of playing against Bafana Bafana for a place in Afcon semifinal on Wednesday.

He had given a positive update to the press after his men silenced Cameroon in Saturday’s Round of 16 encounter in Alexandria.

“Mikel is trying to run already, so we will see if he could be fit one time for [South Africa] clash,” he said.

Shehu Abdullahi, meanwhile, could be considered for selection after recovering from a hamstring injury suffered against Burundi.

“We hope that Shehu [Abdullahi] can come back, he was on the bench [against Cameroon],” Rohr continued.

“Right now, I’m very happy that we have competition for positions in the team, it us choices to make incase other players are tired or injured.”

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/president-muhammadu-buhari-signs-africa_7.html?m=1

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Onyi90(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2019
NoSidonLook:
Mikel...Mikel...please stay in your injury undecided

We love you but the injury love you more embarassed embarassed
Ahhhhhh

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by chomaloo(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2019
PLS PLS SUPER EAGLES START TAKING MATCHES AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA VERY SERIOUS.IF NOT FOR ANYTHING FOR NATIONAL PRIDE.THOSE UNCIRCUMCISED ARE ARROGANT AND RUDE.THEY ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANY SLIGHT OPPORTUNITY TO RUBE MUD ON OUR FACE.SHOT FROM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE 18 YARD BOX.BE AGGRESSIVE AND RUTHLESS IN YOUR ATTACKS.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Jloveme(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2019
freemanbubble:

I tire o

I dey shame for that boy

U dey shame for am based on individual trophy o his overall achievements in world football? because i dont know what u mean exactly with this derogatory statement! A player who has wonAfcon,Epl, CL,Europa,FA cup,Carling cup,olympic medals. Shoukd hold his head up high. He has done well
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Maydfourth: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
We don't need him......
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Lawrentta16: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2019
Chiwude:
Dude is finished, yet played for Middlesbrough. Dude is finished, yet recently signed a three year deal with Trabonspor. Mikel is not finished, his performance hasn't been great in this AFCON due to injuries.
Like I said, stop the hating and pray to be successful as Obi Mikel.
bros remember we need this trophy so badly. Like u said his performance hasn't been great due to injuries is that not enough reason for him to rest
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by bukas15(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
freemanbubble:

I tire o

I dey shame for that boy

you are calling Mikel "that boy" please show some respect , he is not a boy, beside he is far ahead of you in life
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2019
bukas15:
you are calling Mikel "that boy" please show some respect , he is not a boy, beside he is far ahead of you in life

That boy = Mikel
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
bigtt76:
Baba dodged the Cameroon match because he thought the Super Eagles would lose and wouldn't want to be apportioned blame ....now he's coming back because we are playing South Africa ...nansense angry

Tiri gboza to you
You Sabi
I duff my hat

The guy thought thy would lose and made an announcement that he is injured

Very unpatriotic vagabond

He is doing selfish participation
I hate him.

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by bukas15(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
holllandis:

That boy = Mikel
pls don't ever mention me again in ur quote again. I don't have any business with u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Luka Modrić: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Ballon D’or Winner / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2019 CAF Women's Best Player / NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.