Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns (22104 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photo Of Her Handwritten Boarding Pass Online / KLM Unveils Robot That Scans Boarding Pass And Carry Luggage To Gate(Pics/Video) / See Boarding Pass Issued At A Nigerian Airport In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2019
Datz why i dnt print any receipt with my Atm card even even on any POS machine alone give me headache....
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2019
Since this is coming from a Nigerian police officer...then IT IS A BIG LIE!
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by wonlasewonimi: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2019
Lie from the pit of hell. Payment card details are segmented on every network environment and it's not stored in clear text.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by whirlwind7(m): 9:57am On Jul 08, 2019
post=80050067:
Good infornation.

Take to it guys.

To before warned is to before harmed armed.

Absolute olodo.
Have yet to see anywhere you posted anything on this forum to show you had something that partially mimics mediocre education.
You've shown countless times how you are severely handicapped when differentiating between "know" and "no"

Here, a simple phrase that an average primary school leaver would pen correctly is what you couldn't state properly after several attempts.
You're not even slightly brighter than your deadbeat president you get paid pennies to support online.

FYI, it is "To be forewarned is to be forearmed"

1 Like

Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by don4real18(m): 9:57am On Jul 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

you have taken it already grin
Lol... grin That's a waste of strength.
When you put 50million naira inside, please let me know
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by seunny4lif(m): 9:59am On Jul 08, 2019
3kay945:

You be old man? cool
If you said so.
But my wife is really young and she stopped posting pics since over 2 years.
Just don't like Facebook again.
People monitoring you
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Brainardc(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2019
Quite informative sir.....Gracias
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by seunny4lif(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2019
Angelfrost:

Even online purchases for me are suspect... If I have to, I do with a spending account (only money needed at that time)... Been woke for over 10 years now... These bastards are every where.
Only purchased is the most dangerous way.
If I want purchase something, I use my palpay cos I no wan hear ni gbati ni gbati grin
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Brainardc(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2019
whirlwind7:

Absolute olodo.
Have yet to see anywhere you posted anything on this forum to show you had something that partially mimics mediocre education.
You've shown countless times how you are severely handicapped when differentiating between "know" and "no"

Here, a simple phrase that an average primary school leaver would pen correctly is what you couldn't state properly after several attempts.
You're not even slightly brighter than your deadbeat president you get paid pennies to support online.

grin
whirlwind7:

Absolute olodo.

Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by cobsol(m): 10:21am On Jul 08, 2019
Please explain more!

Meanwhile see this Well Furnished 4-Star Hotel, Victoria Island
http://hotbusiness.com.ng/business-sale?transaction=20190705072532

you can now buy and see your business at www.hotbusiness.com.ng
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
This 1 just wants to trend sha cheesy,

The boarding pass will only carry airline info Oga, not my atm details oya awon hackers steal my money

The only thing I reason is if the hacker happens to also work for or has access to the airline database.

So now he can decode the barcode and get your name, etc basically all the details of your account with the airline. If you're like me that has a fully filed airline profile with default credit card (in case I need to book and run out of 9ja i you guys start any nonsense), name, address, etc then the hacker has a goldmine.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Lie from the pit of hell. Payment card details are segmented on every network environment and it's not stored in clear text.

But breaches occur whereby they are exposed, including passwords.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by IntrovertedGuru(m): 10:35am On Jul 08, 2019
helinues:
And Atm pin is also on the boarding pass tickets?
I need just your Security code to withdraw all your funds. Don’t ask me how I can get that bro
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by wonlasewonimi: 10:44am On Jul 08, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

But breaches occur whereby they are exposed, including passwords.

That's when you have security misconfiguration. First example, leaving default passwords on devices. Penetration tests should have identified such vulnerabilities.

In this case, I am saying anyone accessing the qr code should not have a lateral movement to where card details are stored except the network was designed by a cretin.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by stanliwise(m): 10:52am On Jul 08, 2019
post=80050067:
Good infornation.

Take to it guys.

[s]To before warned is to before harmedarmed[/s].
To be forewarned is to be forearmed
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

That's when you have security misconfiguration. First example, leaving default passwords on devices. Penetration tests should have identified such vulnerabilities.

In this case, I am saying anyone accessing the qr code should not have a lateral movement to where card details are stored except the network was designed by a cretin.

I meant that passwords are exposed on the server side. Not due to mid configuration but by hackers.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by wonlasewonimi: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

I meant that passwords are exposed on the server side. Not due to mid configuration but by hackers.

Passwords should never be stored in cleartext. NEVER!

Any website I visit I test how they store passwords by clicking forgot password. If they send you your passwords as against getting to you to create a new one, that website is shyte.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by musicwriter(m): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2019
einsteine:
Police are very dull.

It's impossible to hack with the QR code on a boarding pass. The QR code only carries airline information and ticket info, it doesn't contain details of your payment option. No bank will encode ATM details on a qr code.

Silly advice.

One corrupt airport staff may have actually installed a mini card reader on his/her scanner and using it to collect card details at the airport but the police is erroneously interpreting it as happening through bar codes.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
Penisinpenisout:
bullshiit

Not bullshit . Some merchants run your card,without the 3 digits at the back.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
Literally impossible. Name one.
15ssDRIVE:

Not bullshit . Some merchants run your card,without the 3 digits at the back.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Passwords should never be stored in cleartext. NEVER!

Any website I visit I test how they store passwords by clicking forgot password. If they send you your passwords as against getting to you to create a new one, that website is shyte.

Should never be, yes. But we’re talking about nefarious hacker issues here.

This has affected many too USA organizations.

The best of the best websites, hacked.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Reelnah: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
[quote author=helinues post=80049491]And Atm pin is also on the boarding pass tickets?[/

Wake up bra. Those guys don't need ur pin digit..
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by 15ssDRIVE(m): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
Penisinpenisout:
Literally impossible. Name one.

Hahahhaha hahahhaha .... make research and you will get more than 1.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
I don't think master card will ever allow any vendor access people's fund with only card number and expiry date. Literally impossible.
15ssDRIVE:

Hahahhaha hahahhaha .... make research and you will get more than 1.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 09, 2019
Airplane boarding passes expire just shortly after the flight and don't even contain any information other than the flight information. If such a hack was possible, it would have emanated from more advance countries not Nigeria. Most of these guys claiming hackers in Nigeria don't even build their own tools, they all buy it from russians.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by 3kay945(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2019
seunny4lif:

If you said so.
But my wife is really young and she stopped posting pics since over 2 years.
Just don't like Facebook again.
People monitoring you

Yes o. I have told mine to stop posting pix but she wont listen o cool so I have to make 'tagging me' is only visible to me alone.
Re: Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns by seunny4lif(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2019
3kay945:

Yes o. I have told mine to stop posting pix but she wont listen o cool so I have to make 'tagging me' is only visible to me alone.

Even the guy who created Facebook don't post about himself.
He dey only use am to promote business

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Ghastly Accident Involving A 911 Truck And Multiple Cars In Edo State. / Ambode Tackles Traffic Challenge Using Outdoor Advertising Solution / A Tour To Jos Zoo And Museum, 2023 Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.