Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Rapper Pulls Out Of Music Fest Cause White People Paid A Higher Ticket Price - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapper Pulls Out Of Music Fest Cause White People Paid A Higher Ticket Price (489 Views)

Flavour, 2Baba, Wizkid, Banky W, Tekno & Okocha At One Africa Music Fest In UK / Ifu Ennada, Leo And 2face Storm London For One Africa Music Fest / Wizkid And Davido Crew Fight In Dubai, Clash At One Africa Music Fest (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rapper Pulls Out Of Music Fest Cause White People Paid A Higher Ticket Price by skyhighweb(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2019
Detroit-based rapper Tiny Jag pulled out of a Detroit, MI music festival this week after she learned that white concert-goers would be charged a higher price than people of color.

Jag, also known as Jillian Graham, told the Detroit Metro Times that she found out about AfroFuture Fest's pay model when a white friend reached out to her and sent her a screenshot via Instagram that outlined the pay difference.

The early bird POC ("people of color" ) ticket was $10 while the early bird "non-POC" ticket cost $20. "I was immediately enraged just because I am biracial," Graham told the Metro Times.

"I have family members that would have, under those circumstances, been subjected to something that I would not ever want them to be in ... especially not because of anything that I have going on."

The organizers of the event are upfront that they are charging different prices based on race, including sharing artwork on social media with a caption about early-bird tickets that reads, “Early Bird POC Tickets are $10 & $20 for NONPOC’s & on sale until JULY 17th.”

Jag said it was hard to cancel the show, and apologized to her fans. "It’s not fun to withdraw out of shows, especially at home, especially in your hometown, and especially when your supporters have been so good to you," she says.

"It’s also not fun to do that to my fellow Black women, like that sucks too. It sucks that this is a thing that’s put a wedge here." AfroFuture Fest shared a message on their event page on ticketing site Eventbrite, explaining their price discrepancy.

They explained that their ticket structure was built.....

more on the story here
http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=945
Re: Rapper Pulls Out Of Music Fest Cause White People Paid A Higher Ticket Price by Carlyboi(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2019
This wan Serious So na color dem take sell bio tickets now!how racist can this be?
Re: Rapper Pulls Out Of Music Fest Cause White People Paid A Higher Ticket Price by skyhighweb(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2019
ame things

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Aigba Daughter Clocks 18... / Queen Ivory Chidi Takes Diabetes Campaign To Abuja Barrack / Hushpuppi Reveals When He Wants To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.