Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? (4584 Views)

Food Business Ideas That Are Profitable Which You Can Start-up In Nigeria / Order For Your Raw Food / 3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? by citypulseng(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
Dear nairalanders,

I am desperately in need of advice from those who have operated or presently running foodstuff business. Since the advent of 'Next Level', things have not been that rosy hence the need for another stream of income. I settled for the idea of raw food business like rice, beans, tapioca, yams etc because I observe food is a key element in man's hierarchy of need.

However I am open to advice on how best to go about it since I am starting on a small scale. I will like to know how profitable it is, what I need to start, where to source for these foodstuff in Lagos at a cheap rate and some pitfalls to watch out for.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? by kunleweb: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2019
There's much profit in food business

Ketu/Mile12/Mushin-idi-oro are good places to source produce from if you're in Lagos

Yam is gold. One piece of yam can be bought at wholesale price of 500/600 naira and each sold between 1,000 - 1,200 Naira. The profit accrues if you can get a supplier from the north.

You can also source for potato from the north. Its sold in rice bags, when it gets to you, you can sell then scaled in units like paint buckets.

Rice and Beans guarantees consistent income but requires big capital injection. If your display stand isn't full to the brim it looks less attractive

Egg sales is golden. You can have a poultry farm deliver eggs to you while you sell both as a retailer and a while saler to other vendors. With 25-45k you can do this, and they'll even deliver to your place of desire

Plantain sales is golden. Let's say you buy a coach, you can make up to 40% profit per coach. If you do your home work well, this alone is good business because of the inexhaustible demand for this produce.

Fruits like showechop,coconut boosts of good profit but are often overlooked. Imagine buying one showerchop from farms at 100/150 naira and selling at 650 Naira. Its almost like blood money I swear. I know cause I've done this before

I'm in the agro line presently so I know.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? by citypulseng(m): 2:18am On Jul 09, 2019
kunleweb:
There's much profit in food business

Ketu/Mile12/Mushin-idi-oro are good places to source produce from if you're in Lagos

Yam is gold. One piece of yam can be bought at wholesale price of 500/600 naira and each sold between 1,000 - 1,200 Naira. The profit accrues if you can get a supplier from the north.

You can also source for potato from the north. Its sold in rice bags, when it gets to you, you can sell then scaled in units like paint buckets.

Rice and Beans guarantees consistent income but requires big capital injection. If your display stand isn't full to the brim it looks less attractive

Egg sales is golden. You can have a poultry farm deliver eggs to you while you sell both as a retailer and a while saler to other vendors. With 25-45k you can do this, and they'll even deliver to your place of desire

Plantain sales is golden. Let's say you buy a coach, you can make up to 40% profit per coach. If you do your home work well, this alone is good business because of the inexhaustible demand for this produce.

Fruits like showechop,coconut boosts of good profit but are often overlooked. Imagine buying one showerchop from farms at 100/150 naira and selling at 650 Naira. Its almost like blood money I swear. I know cause I've done this before

I'm in the agro line presently so I know.

Wow!

Too much sauce in one post.

Your contribution is great. It shows you are indeed in the agro line.
Re: How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? by kunleweb: 3:16am On Jul 09, 2019
citypulseng:
Wow!

Too much sauce in one post.

Your contribution is great. It shows you are indeed in the agro line.

Yes na. I'm the one who contacted you on WhatsApp BTW.
Re: How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? by kunleweb: 8:33am On Jul 09, 2019
Tagged Goalgetterz
Re: How Can One Profit From Raw Food Business? by Orubebe01: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
citypulseng:
Dear nairalanders,

I am desperately in need of advice from those who have operated or presently running foodstuff business. Since the advent of 'Next Level', things have not been that rosy hence the need for another stream of income. I settled for the idea of raw food business like rice, beans, tapioca, yams etc because I observe food is a key element in man's hierarchy of need.

However I am open to advice on how best to go about it since I am starting on a small scale. I will like to know how profitable it is, what I need to start, where to source for these foodstuff in Lagos at a cheap rate and some pitfalls to watch out for.

Thanks in advance.
Good day. I want to know if you later ventured into the raw food biz cos I am interested in going into d biz too

(1) (Reply)

22 Surefire Guaranteed Steps To Make More Money In Your Life / Tailoring Materials / 10 Things You Can Import Into Nigeria With N100,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.