Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? (1060 Views)

Why are NAIRALANDERs not using their real pictures on their profiles / Nairaland Guys Are Ugly; Checked Their Profiles / Why Won't Most Nairalanders Post Pictures On Their Profiles ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by Lohlarh(f): 2:12pm On May 10, 2007
Hello Nairalanders,

Just thought to call everyone's attention to this, have noticed that some members don't post there pictures by there profiles, because without the provision of there picture how will an intersting member be able to chat with with you.
Its just an observation since one of the major purpose of this site is to meet friends and also to meet friends that you have lost contact with.
I just want to huge us all to include our picture or what are you doing here if you do not want to show your face? wink
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by iice(f): 4:17pm On May 10, 2007
Lohlarh:

Hello Nairalanders,

Just thought to call everyone's attention to this, have noticed that some members don't post there pictures by there profiles, because without the provision of there picture how will an intersting member be able to chat with with you.
Its just an observation since one of the major purpose of this site is to meet friends and also to meet friends that you have lost contact with.
I just want to huge us all to include our picture or what are you doing here if you do not want to show your face? wink

Yeah the pic is the only lure/incentive to actually chat with a fellow NLander since personality/mental capacity does not count.
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by ayefele200(m): 4:22pm On May 10, 2007
@poster
Posting a pix on ur profile is OPTIONAL not neccessary, but i dont think u should on the track for PIX rather u should after their comment and what they gat to say,
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by OmoEko1(f): 6:20pm On May 10, 2007
Well I have to many enemies on NL cheesy cheesy so I can't post my pic because they might take to juju and however I don't want people to know what I look like. In other words, for privacy purpose that why people doesn't have their pics there.
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by naijadiva2(f): 8:58pm On May 10, 2007
well if they look like you, i see why don't have a pic. sike, i'm just playing. grin wink
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by manoy(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2007
OMG,still thinking about my life
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by chiogo(f): 10:51pm On May 10, 2007
Omo Eko:

Well I have to many enemies on Nairaland cheesy cheesy so I can't post my pic because they might take to juju and however I don't want people to know what I look like. In other words, for privacy purpose that why people doesn't have their pics there.

thanks. exactly my point. Not that i believe in "juju" or voodoo but for security purposes. People from here are already buggin' me without seein' my pic, what would happen if i then post my pic? i don't know. It says "picture or text" and d picture doesn't necessarily mean ur pic or even a human's pic. it could be anything or a text. So, i made my choice. I actually posted my pic here on tuesday but i didn't feel comfortable, so i took 'em off yesterday!
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by cuteass1(f): 11:07pm On May 10, 2007
Lohlarh:

My dear, you're not totally wrong on this one statement, i did get back lost-contact with my cousin because i viewed a username's profile and thank heavens, my couz. was starring at me lol
For that i'll ever be grateful wink without the pic, i might not have gotten back with her but

@ topic
I'll say, whatever blows your trumpet. If one isnt comfortable doing so, then they should have the option right not to.
I've made wonderful friends here on nairaland, some i'm yet to see their pics, some i got to see theirs after we got in touch. If you like someone's personality, then the picture thingy shouldn't be a deciding factor

And lastly, someone you wouldnt have wanted to make friends with based on their pics could turn out to be your best pal, Cos you got to know their personality first wink

chiogo:

I actually posted my pic here on tuesday but i didn't feel comfortable, so i took 'em off yesterday!

Now i'm mad sad angry
How could you take it down without my viewing it?? cry
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by chiogo(f): 11:51pm On May 10, 2007
awwwwwww, am sorry. gimme ur email address and i'll send it if u want.
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by cuteass1(f): 11:59pm On May 10, 2007
chiogo:

awwwwwww, am sorry. gimme your email address and i'll send it if u want.

Now i'm happy cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by chiogo(f): 12:14am On May 11, 2007
ok, sis. i'd send it later. glad to see u're happy. kiss
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by ayefele200(m): 12:16am On May 11, 2007
only God knows what CUTE ASS is up too, hmmmmmm i sense somethin
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by OmoEko1(f): 12:32am On May 11, 2007
chiogo:

thanks. exactly my point. Not that i believe in "juju" or voodoo but for security purposes. People from here are already buggin' me without seein' my pic, what would happen if i then post my pic? i don't know. It says "picture or text" and d picture doesn't necessarily mean your pic or even a human's pic. it could be anything or a text. So, i made my choice. I actually posted my pic here on tuesday but i didn't feel comfortable, so i took 'em off yesterday!
Plz don't post your pic oh because i don't trust no one on this site, God knows what they will do with it grin grin grin, and since you don't feel comfortable about posting it then DON'T grin grin.
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by Rlst84sale(m): 2:12am On May 11, 2007
Because pictures and fliers are liers
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by Agboola1(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2007
i got pix!
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by Lexyhearts(f): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
Omo Eko:

Well I have to many enemies on Nairaland cheesy cheesy so I can't post my pic because they might take to juju and however I don't want people to know what I look like. In other words, for privacy purpose that why people doesn't have their pics there.

OH GOD HOW CAN YOU HAVE ENEMIES ON THE INTERNET .MAYBE U WILL HATE UR RELATIVE ON INTERNET U NEVER KNOW.N-WAY I DO NOT THINK I CAN GIVE THAT REASON OF ENEMIES FOR NOT PUTTING MY PIX.I WILL PUT ONE WHEN I GOT IT ,NOT NOW cheesy cheesy.
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
Hmm, the "juju" aspect doesn't worry me at all, don't believe in that stuff!
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by wifeypenth(f): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2007
4me i removd my picture cos it was causin wahala.lolz
seriously,had 2remove it
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by denex: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2007
My pic is on my profile. I'm even thinking of posting a new pic every month and taking the old one off.

I'm a son of Osun so anybody who wants to try juju or voodoo on me, bring it on!
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by wifeypenth(f): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2007
Just posted mine oooh
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by tafari(m): 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2007
wifeypenth:

Just posted mine oooh

mine is on my profile too
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by vronnie(f): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2007
my pic is with my profile also
Re: Why Are There No Picture By Profiles? by cuteass1(f): 10:56pm On Jul 08, 2007
tafari:

mine is on my profile too

Yeah right!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country / Pls, Somebody Tell Me How To Download With Operamini On My Nokia 2600c [imonite@gmail.com]. / Must Friends Always Be Backstabbers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.