Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany (41182 Views)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Nigerian Lady In Italy For 30 Years Blasts Nigerian Embassy In Italy / FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Cmanforall: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
sad
This is sad.

But it is already stated that passport renewal in Berlin is on hold.
Zenithsblog:
A Nigerian woman and her kids were forced to sleep outside the Nigerian embassy in Berlin, after a long journey from Munich to renew their passports.

In the viral video shared, a man was heard saying in the background that the Nigerian ambassador left the stranded woman and her kids outside after they arrived at night.

One of the kids who was quite uncomfortable with the sleep-spot, was also spotted crying.

The authorities at the Nigerian embassy in Germany, are however yet to react to the video which has gone viral on social media.

Watch the video:
https://zenithnaija.com/stranded-nigerian-mom-and-her-kids-asked-to-sleep-outside-the-nigerian-embassy-in-germany-video/

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Originalsly: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
Hmm...help me understand...is the embassy suppose to take her and the kids in? Would the response be the same if it were the US Consulate? I know if the weather is cold... or for her to have her kids over exposed in the US... child protective service would take away her kids and have her facing child endangerment charges.
She is the one responsible for that situation...not the consulate.

5 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
ifyalways:
No Bed and Breakfast for €10 per night around?

The woman has no excuse for making the children sleep outside to prove a point.
were is the bed and breackfast for €10? which Area?
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by shogsman(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
So does the embassy offer accommodation services,she should have looked for a cheap hotel to pass the night.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by able20(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
Na all those women dem from Italy to Germany, where dey the children papa self.
Can't she afford a cheap hotel with all the kindergeld and Elterngeld (child benefits and mothers benefits ) she collects every month.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by mmadu5(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
is this woman retardedd or shes not thinking with her senses are there no motels or guest house for her to lodge with her kids? , how can you leave your kids in the open like this she needs to be deported immediately wetin she come find for Germany with three kids in the first place with NO MONEY what is her plans ,

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
shogsman:
So does the embassy offer accommodation services,she should have looked for a cheap hotel to pass the night.
why should she look for a cheap Hotel? The Embassy Are supposed to House their citizens, I have spent the Night In comfortable bed at a British Embassy Nairobi Before, they offered me food tea and coffee

it is their responsibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by SellmeYourBTC: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
Shey d Embassy is a hotel and the ambassador the manager? Nigerians and their entitlement mentality...smh

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
Why are Some people suggesting she go to a hotel? it is the Nigerian onsulate's responsibilities to provide her with Accomodations as a Nigerian citizen, some Nigerians Obviously don't know their rights.

I ve spent nights in a comfortable bed at the british Embassy in Nairobi numerous times, it is their responsibity to care for me, i ve also been to british embassy to get cash after i ran out of fund while in Kuwait it is their responsiblity to protect me.

whenever you are in difficulty in foreign country or run out of money, go to your embassy it is their duty to provide you with food, Accomodations and money. It is your right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by babeosisi: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
Where is the father of these kids.It's obvious this woman is struggling and I feel for her.If the father is not dead or severely disabled then he is.worse than an infidel

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by vineyardfarms: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2019
ifyalways:

Trust the USA she would have lost the custody of the kids and charge for child abuse

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmm...help me understand...is the embassy suppose to take her and the kids in? Would the response be the same if it were the US Consulate? I know if the weather is cold... or for her to have her kids over exposed in the US... child protective service would take away her kids and have her facing child endangerment charges.
She is the one responsible for that situation...not the consulate.
You are not entirely correct. British embassy have provided me with Accomodations in Nigeria, on one of my trips to Nigeria, they put me up at one of their Embassy Accomodations, provided me with food and few cash too and ticket back to england.

I don't understand why some Nigerians on here don't know their rights. by suggesting she should have gone to a hotel. why should she?

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
queengift:
but she would have prepared herself for unforeseen circumstances, I just feel for the kids. it's well.

she was prepared to make that scene - thats why she carried all that luggage with her.

no be today naija dey take pikin pull stunt. we see them in traffic all the time

deport her ass

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Originalsly: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:
You are not entirely correct. British embassy have provided me with Accomodations in Nigeria, on one of my trips to Nigeria, they put me up at one of their Embassy Accomodations, provided me with food and few cash too and ticket back to england.

I don't understand why some Nigerians on here don't know their rights. by suggesting she should have gone to a hotel. why should she?
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by captianfreeman(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2019
Number
1. Embassy is not a hotel.
2. Consular services are not offer at night.
3. The consular staffs are not under any obligation to accommodate those who approach them for consular services.

No one should demonize Nigeria and Nigerians over this incidence. If you're travelling to the embassy for consular services, you ought to take due diligence by making sure you get to the embassy during working hours.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Graduateacher(f): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2019
O pullleease how can you travel with kids and keep them outside like this?

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by RICHMAN247(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
If you don't have that wrapper in your home, then you are not from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Neddstark: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2019
why put ur children through this madness?

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Originalsly: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:

Don't give readers the wrong impression.... you should also say under what circumstances. As posted... you are giving the impression that all you needed to do was ask for accommodations and you will be housed and fed.
Please share.... what rights does she have and what should she have done? We are here to learn.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by TANID(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2019
HEFAIROHLUWA:
EYIN OMO! IBI TA WI LA DE YI E no easy abeg! grin
Awon Omo Wo? grin
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by TANID(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
HEFAIROHLUWA:
EYIN OMO! IBI TA WI LA DE YI E no easy abeg! grin
Awon Omo Wo? grin
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by gbeseun(m): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2019
post=80071204:

What a Shame!

@AbikeDabiri, where are you when we need you please?!
Leave COZA matter alone and attend to this crucial and disgracing issue on ground ma.

Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

So every issue abike dabiri will reaxt abi,even when this woman can book hotel and sleep there with her kids she is looking for undur attention and we will not hive her.
Ruga is much with us here pls

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by AngelicBeing: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
sad
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by uuzba(m): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
You're still wearing jeans? Your leg never touch ground yet

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by TriggahMan(m): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
Come 5 kids.... Were papa dey.....
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
Originalsly:

Don't give readers the wrong impression.... you should also say under what circumstances. As posted... you are giving the impression that all you needed to do was ask for accommodations and you will be housed and fed.
Please share.... what rights does she have and what should she have done? We are here to learn.
Under Any circumstances, As long as you Are Genuine with whatever problems you are in.

She should explain that she could not Afford a hotel room for the night, for herself and her children. Simple. They are obligated to put her up or help pay for her Hotel, besides Embassies ussually have Rooms Upstairs to Accomodate their stranded Citizens.

How did you think the Ecuadorian Embassy Accomodated Julian Assange at their Embbassy in London for More than 5 years?

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by uuzba(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
Graduateacher:
O pullleease how can you travel with kids and keep them outside like this?
By their cloth, you shall know their level

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by ttmacoy: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2019
I agree. What was her plan given she arrived at night? Obviously she wasn't planning to sleep at the embassy.

ifyalways:

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by ttmacoy: 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
Those are very different circumstances and I think she should have planned her trip better rather than expect at night and expect the embassy to house her with no advance notice or agreement. I agree the Nigerian embassies abroad are nothing to write home about but in this situation she is in the wrong. Assange is a different circumstance as he was on asylum and that doesn't mean every Ecuadorian who goes to the embassy will be given a room to sleep.

Also let's assume you are right embassies should provide room to sleep, what if there was someone already in the room and she arrives without any confirmation? Should they kick the person there out for her?

gypsey:
Under Any circumstances, As long as you Are Genuine with whatever problems you are in.

She should explain that she could not Afford a hotel room for the night, for herself and her children. Simple. They are obligated to put her up or help pay for her Hotel, besides Embassies ussually have Rooms Upstairs to Accomodate their stranded Citizens.

How did you think the Ecuadorian Embassy Accomodated Julian Assange at their Embbassy in London for More than 5 years?

3 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by kmaster007: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
Who dey do dem dis once now.....
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:

Julian Assange was like political asylum. So are you saying we can fly to wherever..... and plan to stay in the Nigerian Consulate because they are obligated to accommodate us there...or pay our hotel stay? Is this the right we have that we should be demanding?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier / World War II Plane Crashes In US Airport, Kills At Least 7 Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.