Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany (41154 Views)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Nigerian Lady In Italy For 30 Years Blasts Nigerian Embassy In Italy / FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Metooreal: 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2019
That's our wrapper, see that baby on the floor, I pity dem sha.

Always plan if not for yourself but for your kids.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
ttmacoy:
Those are very different circumstances and I think she should have planned her trip better rather than expect at night and expect the embassy to house her with no advance notice or agreement. I agree the Nigerian embassies abroad are nothing to write home about but in this situation she is in the wrong. Assange is a different circumstance as he was on asylum and that doesn't mean every Ecuadorian who goes to the embassy will be given a room to sleep.

Also let's assume you are right embassies should provide room to sleep, what if there was someone already in the room and she arrives without any confirmation? Should they kick the person there out for her?

Yes, I agree that she should have planned her trip, Peharps she was expecting to Go back the same day but was disappointed by the Nigerian Embassy, as you have rightly Asserted. Nigerian embassies are A disgrace.

Okay Assange's case may have been different, And yes, Any Ecuadorian Is allowed to ask For accomodations at their Embassy, It is their obligations to provide accomodations for their citizens who may find themselves in difficulties, I mean, that is part of the reason why they are there. Alot of people don't know this but it is the fact.

And if it happens that they are already Accomodating someone else that's would be a different thing.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
sojayy:
With a whole five children......oh boy, naijas dey born sha, even for obodoyibo shocked shocked
Nigerians breed like rabbits I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
I see child endangerment at the very least.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by godofuck231: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
If you ever happens that you are bing chased , about to be killed ,rapped , or even tortured, do not run to the Nigerian embassy, highest if it's in a dream jump into a river , a deep one on that u will wake up , if you don't you will die at the embassy gate like the Nigerian 2019 election results
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
Originalsly:

Julian Assange was like political asylum. So are you saying we can fly to wherever..... and plan to stay in the Nigerian Consulate because they are obligated to accommodate us there...or pay our hotel stay? Is this the right we have that we should be demanding?
I used assange as an Example, yes his case was special. i get that, i was just trying to say that Embassies has Accomodations for their citizens should they run into difficulties, that is one of the reasons they are there.

NO! grin that is not what i am saying, what i am saying is that it is their duty to provide help for any of their citizens who run into DIFFICULTIES, Accomodations included. look, it is the fact. i don't even know why we are aguing it grin as i ve said in one of my comments Alot of People are not aware of this rights.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by bro4u: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:
Why are Some people suggesting she go to a hotel? it is the Nigerian onsulate's responsibilities to provide her with Accomodations as a Nigerian citizen, some Nigerians Obviously don't know their rights.

I ve spent nights in a comfortable bed at the british Embassy in Nairobi numerous times, it is their responsibity to care for me, i ve also been to british embassy to get cash after i ran out of fund while in Kuwait it is their responsiblity to protect me.

whenever you are in difficulty in foreign country or run out of money, go to your embassy it is their duty to provide you with food, Accomodations and money. It is your right.
Obviously you're ignorant of the system, you spent the night at a British embassy probably it got dark while you were being attended to, but in this case she went to the embassy without any prior appointment in that regards, so should the embassy be blamed??

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
bro4u:

Obviously you're ignorant of the system, you spent the night at a British embassy probably it got dark while you were being attended to, but in this case she went to the embassy without any prior appointment in that regards, so should the embassy be blamed??
That is not what i am saying, grin

i was stranded and out of cash and it wasn't dark because they close before 5 pm

And the article said that the woman was stranded too.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Agugbadin: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
post=80071204:

What a Shame!

@AbikeDabiri, where are you when we need you please?!
Leave COZA matter alone and attend to this crucial and disgracing issue on ground ma.

Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.
Don't mention Abike's name in this matter she should go and check into a hotel and come back to thst embassy when they are open for business. Edo koyo

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by tolani4real: 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2019
Zenithsblog:
A Nigerian woman and her kids were forced to sleep outside the Nigerian embassy in Berlin, after a long journey from Munich to renew their passports.

In the viral video shared, a man was heard saying in the background that the Nigerian ambassador left the stranded woman and her kids outside after they arrived at night.

One of the kids who was quite uncomfortable with the sleep-spot, was also spotted crying.

The authorities at the Nigerian embassy in Germany, are however yet to react to the video which has gone viral on social media.

Watch the video:
https://zenithnaija.com/stranded-nigerian-mom-and-her-kids-asked-to-sleep-outside-the-nigerian-embassy-in-germany-video/

The man must be blamed for this incident. He arrived at the embassy after they have closed for the day. He should have booked hotel for or alternative accommodation for his family. Don't blame embassy or the officers. Attention seekers

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by tolani4real: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
bro4u:

Blame the man. He got there after close of business, he needs to have arranged accommodation for his family. He is an animal to have allowed his family went through this hardship

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by bro4u: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:
That is not what i am saying, grin

i was stranded and out of cash and it wasn't dark because they close before 5 pm

And the article said that the woman was stranded too.
Embassies work in a formal manner, she's stranded isn't enough reason for her to take all her children to the embassy hoping to be attended to in one visiting, embassies hardly attend in one visiting cos they need time to process the tabled request, the lady is to be blamed, let's not apportion blames to the innocent embassy

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2019
Nigerian mentality at work inside those embassies. No conscience, no sense of duty.

But when that Delta boy destroyed their cars a while back everybody blamed him. . .

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by okeniti: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
You travelled how many thousand miles to put your children through this? Some Nigerians that are no good here clearly showing they are no good over there either, again.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by bro4u: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
tolani4real:

Blame the man. He got there after close of business, he needs to have arranged accommodation for his family. He is an animal to have allowed his family went through this hardship
Exactly what I thought, you can't expect an embassy to attend to you after their official closure time, here the lady messed up.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2019
bro4u:

Embassies work in a formal manner, she's stranded isn't enough reason for her to take all her children to the embassy hoping to be attended to in one visiting, embassies hardly attend in one visiting cos they need time to process the tabled request, the lady is to be blamed, let's not apportion blames to the innocent embassy
Yes, you are correct, especially with all those children.

Also there are exeptional and Emergency circumstances, those are also Part of the reasons for Embassies.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by emkz: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2019
Some of the Nigerian Embassies abroad are notorious for doing this nonsense. They'd not attend to women and their children even after they travel several kilometers (just so they can pay a bribe to be attended to).

Munich to Berlin is roughly 7 and half hours by train. She may have taken the overnight train to do her thing and leave the next evening after collecting the passport or her children's. The morons at the embassy know that many of these people live on social benefits (I don't know about this specific case though); yet they'd never be considerate to the plight of the citizens.

Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Femi Adesina or any of the President's assistants on new media; I am aware you are regular readers of this forum, and this issue you should not overlook. Considering this specific case, the case of the woman harrassed in Italy and the case of the vehicles destroyed in the UK by a mistreated Nigerian; I think its time the government retires an Ambassador prematurely, fires an entire Embassy staff and recall them home. Extreme as it may be, this would help other Nigerian Embassy officials sit up. If it is possible, the Nigerian Immigration Service may want to consider contracting passport issuance to a foreign company since Nigerian officials have proved that they cannot manage the most simple thing of capturing biometrics, entering data and taking a photo and printing a passport; something a 15 year old can do on a smartphone without prior training.

PS: Do we ever hear other countries mistreat their citizens the way Nigerian Embassies do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by bro4u: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:
Yes, you are correct, especially with all those children.

Also their are exeptional and Emergency circumstannces, those are also Part of the reasons for Embassies.
True, I think no embassy will see her citizen[s] stranded of this sort without offering any form of assistance, so this is where the possibility of the embassy not opened during the time of this picture taken comes into play.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
okeniti:
You travelled how many thousand miles to put your children through this? Some Nigerians that are no good here clearly showing they are no good over there either, again.

Munich to Berlin is less than 400miles
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
TANID:
Awon Omo Wo? grin
grin
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by okeniti: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
Nigeria to Germany is thousands of miles which was my point.

Karatum:

Munich to Berlin is less than 400miles

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by IchBinBrait(m): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
rentAcock:
They got there at night when the embassy was closed and they were expecting to be lodged in a 5 star hotel? For all the negative press this has caused, German Authorities should immediately deport them back to Nigeria.

The German Government does not deport a non-citizen without any cogent reason. She won't be deported so long she is entitled to stay in the country legally and hasn't done contrary to the visa stipulation. Germany is an organized, bureaucratic country. The best thing for her is to secure a hotel/motel for herself and the kids.

You wouldn't want night to meet you clueless on the streets..

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by mysticwarrior(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
Graduateacher:
O pullleease how can you travel with kids and keep them outside like this?
are you supposed to asking that kind of questions or blaming the Nigerian ambassador and embassy for such inhumane act.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Basher8583: 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2019
NeekolazWorld:
Wait but some people are too quick to react carelessly. How can you travel from another city and arrive late when the embassy must have been closed and expect to sleep in the embassy. What was wrong if she held extra money so they can lodge and visit the embassy in the morning. Now tell me how this is the fault of the embassy in anyway.
Don't mind all those reactors. Everybody is always treating each story with sentiments

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by bmos(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
sojayy:
With a whole five children......oh boy, naijas dey born sha, even for obodoyibo shocked shocked

Where her husband de hide?
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by IchBinBrait(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
Living with 5 kids in Germany.. Mehnn I hope her husband or family have got the €uros oo. Insurance gast cover them.

She is damn lucky winter hasn't started. Go get a hotel room asap. I pity her shaa.. It is advisable to always have a Plan-B incase events don't go as planned.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Originalsly: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2019
gypsey:

NO! grin that is not what i am saying, what i am saying is that it is their duty to provide help for any of their citizens who run into DIFFICULTIES, Accomodations included. look, it is the fact. i don't even know why we are aguing it grin as i ve said in one of my comments Alot of People are not aware of this rights.

Not arguing!...discussing! What you said above is true...and I'm glad you emphasized difficulties! My point of discussion was for clarification....just didn't want people jetting out with no plans for accommodation nor feeding which the Consulate must provide. Maybe the lady was told same!...just show up...warm bed for you and your kids.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by pojophilius(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
davillian:
And my mum always tell me to hold extra cash in case you throwaway palm oil.
Ive never been stranded because ive always kept money for unforseen circumstances.
If I'm traveling I leave the house with 3x the transport.
hmmmmmmn
to GOD be the glory,aliamdulilahi

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Demzay1(m): 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2019
Nigerian authorities at the embassy right now

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Larryndelaw: 1:28am On Jul 09, 2019
The worst place to go to is Nigeria Embassies. They are horrible. Imagine when you call your embassy an Asian or phillipino will answer your call. To compound the problem they can't speak good English without you repeating yourself several times. Every other countries makes things easier for the citizens but Nigeria is hell.
Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by enemyofprogress: 2:34am On Jul 09, 2019
Na igbo family. By their wrappers you shall know them

1 Like

Re: Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany by Focusmind: 6:15am On Jul 09, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Nigerians abroad please help her oo, we are known to be accommodating

She must be a single mother and those kids may be from five different men. Nigerians and Arabs gives birth to this high number of kids to continue to enjoy child support.

This act of high birthrate is common with most people from developing countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) / FESTAC Tanker Fire Destroyed 26 Vehicles, Others (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.