Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail (18234 Views)

Court Of Appeal Grants Senator Bassey Albert Post Conviction Bail / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by smsreseller: 6:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
This should caution others.

VTU Portal, Data Bundle Portal and Bulk SMS Portal; all yours in a single Website:

https://smsreseller.com.ng/multi-reseller-plans
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by enemyofprogress: 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
I hope they handcuffed him to the court ? Fokn beast
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Liftedhands(f): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2019
That's was swift!! Ordinarily the case would have lingered and suspect languishing in jail. Never knew our judicial system can handle proceedings so quickly. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Xisnin(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gidah:
Granting someone like him bail its just like giving him more go ahead to do much more bad things cos he would be like after all its money I'm gonna pay this is really heartbreaking for me he should be living among goats
Really?
Is he a murderer, armed robber or terrorist to be kept behind bars.
Even the 5 million Naira bail is outrageous for an assault charge.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Jokkarm2: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
The man should be in jail naaaa . him think say if you be house member, you can drive your car on human being forgeting that there a law in Nigeria that is partially working .

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Rolly22(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
This is a country where some mumus will keep advising someone to stay.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by femison32(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
Na him sabi Looking for side hustle message me on whatsapp 08177442557
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Jokkarm2: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
Xisnin:

Really?
Is he a murderer, armed robber or terrorist to be kept behind bars.
Even the 5 million Naira bail is outrageous for an assault charge.
Is based on his position and income . if say na you asult the woman na like 50 to 100k them for collect from you .
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Legendguru: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2019
hmmm
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by igwedubai2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
The five millions will been writing on the bail application form. Bail is Free, but d problem is that to get the two surety n who can stand for accused person(senator) and also for the prosecutor to go and verify were the two surety lives. Five millions showed the gravity of d offence.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by mmadu5(m): 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
He might have been granted but the damage is already done . His reputation has decreased
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by WhoBeThisMan: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gidah:
Granting someone like him bail its just like giving him more go ahead to do much more bad things cos he would be like after all its money I'm gonna pay this is really heartbreaking for me he should be living among goats
he is already in court, it's a bailable offense. What else do you want.

As much as the girls rights must be protected, so should his till proven guilty

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by igwedubai2(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
The five millions will been writing on d bail application for the court. The money is not for the court. The problem is that to get two surety that can stood for the accused person (senator) and also for the prosecutor to verify d two surety address. So, d five millions is not given to d court., That is the bail condition n d gravity of the offence quote author=Chijeep post=80069135]I hope say no b d court go chop d money ooo?

make dem just carry all d moni giv d woman.

d moni evn small compared to wat d idiotic senator put dx woman through [/quote]
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by TruthinAction: 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
thoollz:
I saw the video, it was disheartening. The truth is most Nigerians always misuse their powers. Moreover how can he plead not guilty to what the world has seen? This case is where we will know if there's true justice in this country.

He thinks pleading not guilty is the norms. He has lost the opportunity to reduce the punishment that will be passed on him.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Gidah: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
he is already in court, it's a bailable offense. What else do you want.

As much as the girls rights must be protected, so should his till proven guilty
for a man of his calibre he deserves much more if I am the judge I'm going to strip him off his post someone like him can't even be a herdsman cos he won't even take good care of his cow talkless of handling human affairs
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by WhoBeThisMan: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gidah:
for a man of his calibre he deserves much more if I am the judge I'm going to strip him off his post someone like him can't even be a herdsman cos he won't even take good care of his cow talkless of handling human affairs
he also has his rights too.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2019
ElsonMorali:
Let him bear the full weight of the law after all he's a lawmaker.

Now is the time to file in a civil suit against him so he can cough up more money and compensate the woman in other to settle out of court just for the civil suit while his criminal case continues.

Hard lessons needs to be taught and learned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by TriggahMan(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Wtf... Only God know where the Lady went to...

She's so bleeped.. After all the stress
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
This is the beginning of his failure
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by SocialJustice: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
Chijeep:
I hope say no b d court go chop d money ooo?

d moni evn small compared to wat d idiotic senator put dx woman through
That money dey enter TSA straight. This is the reason I don't like justice in Nigeria. The senator probably spent at least N100k to bail himself from police then N5m from court and the abused woman never see 50 kobo.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by ogbonti: 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
Chijeep:
I hope say no b d court go chop d money ooo?

d moni evn small compared to wat d idiotic senator put dx woman through

Bail does not mean he is free to walk away finally. It is a guarantee that he will appear in court when needed. Bail money is not meant to be squandered neither is it a pay off to avoid prosecution! The naija definition of bail is alarming!
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by ogbonti: 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
Guys, this man is not free yet oooo, I believe a lot of heavyweight lawyers in Abuja and Lagos are already talking to the assaulted lady on how to milk this newbie senator dry. There is nothing VERY GOOD lawyers love more than to prosecute an offender they know has a credible war chest of funds to pay damages. It's like flies hovering around faeces!

This case never start oooo. If this man get sense now, he better write a check of N20, million as pay off to this lady or else, he will pay × 10 of that if seasoned lawyers enter him matter. The likes of Late Gani, Agbakoba, etc. And when one considers all the time he will spend going to court, that's a waste of time and energy. If he has sense now, try settle out of Court oooo, ordinary bail is no guarantee this case won't go to court in 2 or 3 months time. THE EVIDENCE IS WATER TIGHT, NO ATTORNEY BORN OF A WOMAN CAN DEFEND THIS MAN. THE ASSAULT IS CLEAR AS DAYLIGHT!!!!!
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by NkemChukwudi: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
Too many idiots have left illiterate, frustrated comments here cursing Nigeria. The law is one step at a time. The accused is finished whatever the outcome of this case.

To those who curse Nigeria at every opportunity, what about your idiotic parents who brought you into this world knowing they haven't got the resources to support you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by AJOBI77(m): 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
The Senator come resemble Late Tafawa Balewa sha. Shior
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Xavi2511: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
a serving senator paid 5 million Naira for bail and the law says. bail is free
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by davillian(m): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
No one can stand my roar.
It scares the shit out of everyone.
Just imagine dove roar.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Okuda(m): 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2019
thoollz:
I saw the video, it was disheartening. The truth is most Nigerians always misuse their powers. Moreover how can he plead not guilty to what the world has seen? This case is where we will know if there's true justice in this country.

Ganduje sef pleaded not guilty in the court of public opinion. my anger is how can you make a press conference askimg for forgiveness amd later plead npt guilty in court? highest with the shitholness of nigeria he was supposed to get a fine amd be asked to compensate the woman but now he has pleaded npt guilty, he would be left off the hook.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Thegamingorca(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
Why was she not I court?

Is she mad?
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by goshen26: 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
Pharmoscandy:
After this, we won't hear anything again about ds matter...yeye country
Spit#

Yes, and the victim might not see the money or see hell b4 the money is released
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by addicted268(f): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
Next time he wants to abuse power,he ll first look around in case of an unwanted CCTV
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Thegamingorca(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
AJOBI77:
The Senator come resemble Late Tafawa Balewa sha. Shior

Nah true ohhhhh grin

Your eye sharp

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by felaismyhero(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2019
i dont know why people are shocked by this man's action; senators slapping people is a normal thing,he was just unfortunate he was caught on camera.we keep allowing the worst among us become our leaders; so how would things improve?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / Saudi-born Nigerian Charged With Terrorism In The U.S / With Buhari Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu, He Is Finished(VIDEO OF BUHARI)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.