Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail (18223 Views)

Court Of Appeal Grants Senator Bassey Albert Post Conviction Bail / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by felaismyhero(m): 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
enemyofprogress:
I hope they handcuffed him to the court ? Fokn beast
yet he is one of your leaders! he has a say in shapening your/our future!(as far as you live in naija)
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by enemyofprogress: 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2019
felaismyhero:
yet he is one of your leaders! he has a say in shapening your/our future!(as far as you live in naija)
you've been noticed, now move on and let me attend to the next idiot
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by KfashionHubb: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
place your order now. K-fash delivers Nationwide. Check signature for WhatsApp number .link up now.respect our women

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Gidah: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
he also has his rights too.
Bleep his right
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by MaziOmenuko: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
I don't understand our judiciary system at all. Did Abboh plead not-guilty to the charge? Dude already confessed to the crime. Why not read him his statement at once? Why the adjournment till end of July? So that lobbying can take effect and the case forgotten?
And couldn't the police find a female magistrate to handle this case?
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by LegalOpinion: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2019
Chijeep:
I hope say no b d court go chop d money ooo?

make dem just carry all d moni giv d woman.

d moni evn small compared to wat d idiotic senator put dx woman through

He doesn't have to pay the money.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by LegalOpinion: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
I don't understand our judiciary system at all. Did Abboh plead not-guilty to the charge? Dude already confessed to the crime. Why not read him his statement at once? Why the adjournment till end of July? So that lobbying can take effect and the case forgotten?

He didn't confess to the crime, he only apologised. They are two different things before the law.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by LegalOpinion: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gidah:
Granting someone like him bail its just like giving him more go ahead to do much more bad things cos he would be like after all its money I'm gonna pay this is really heartbreaking for me he should be living among goats

A person granted bail in court is not required to pay the bail sum. The bail sum only becomes payable by the surety if the accused run away and refuse to face trial.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by felaismyhero(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2019
enemyofprogress:
you've been noticed, now move on and let me attend to the next idiot
oops! am sorry.never knew you were such an arrogant prick.forgive me for quoting you
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by LegalOpinion: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2019
[quote author=ABSTRUSE post=80069433]

While I commend the prosecution of the said senator, in addition, the woman should get herself a lawyer and sue the nitwit. At least, 1m damages for that assault.[/quote

Assault is a criminal offense, you have to complete the criminal trial and get conviction first before contemplating damages, which would be a different civil suit entirely.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by kayusely70(m): 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2019
Sanchez01:
Our judiciary is a huge problem! Why would a case as this with glaring evidence be delayed?

No matter how well we start protesting in this country, justice won't be served as long as our present judiciary passes judgment on the matter. The law is designed for the poor.

This is obviously the last of the case.
The magistrate court is an holding one, the police would send the case file to the DPP legal advice, The case would be continued or dropped, depending on the advice. Thats how the nigerian judicial system was designed.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gidah:
Granting someone like him bail its just like giving him more go ahead to do much more bad things cos he would be like after all its money I'm gonna pay this is really heartbreaking for me he should be living among goats

Should he be killed?
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by MaziOmenuko: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
LegalOpinion:

He didn't confess to the crime, he only apologised. They are two different things before the law.

Apologized for a crime he didn't commit? That's a new one.

Meanwhile, from his apology video, it is evident he conceded to doing the crime.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Abkreizi: 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gidah:

Uhmm can you read... he is still going to court ... he was just granted bail so as not to stay in jail since his case has not been heard...
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
superior1:
Meanwhile, they should force him to take a mandatory HIV test and then commit him to Yaba left, he needs a psychiatrist

By law he cannot be forced to do the test
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Chijeep(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
That money dey enter TSA straight. This is the reason I don't like justice in Nigeria. The senator probably spent at least N100k to bail himself from police then N5m from court and the abused woman never see 50 kobo.
in dat case it totally rubbish
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by ikdaddy01(m): 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2019
superior1:
Meanwhile, they should force him to take a mandatory HIV test and then commit him to Yaba left, he needs a psychiatrist
They should.
But my worry is with NPF -the prosecution and their hasty approach to charge cases without getting their arguments right in line.
Several witnesses and cases have appeared of this man having been in this same very act on several occations...married once before with HIV liabilities...domestic violence...photographer beating...
They should assemble all these and more ss such will prove their cases beyond reasonable doubts according to Nigerian law.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Chijeep(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
igwedubai2:
The five millions will been writing on d bail application for the court. The money is not for the court. The problem is that to get two surety that can stood for the accused person (senator) and also for the prosecutor to verify d two surety address. So, d five millions is not given to d court., That is the bail condition n d gravity of the offence quote author=Chijeep post=80069135]I hope say no b d court go chop d money ooo?

sowi 2 ask ooo...

so d money is just like a guarantor in a loan scheme?
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by ikdaddy01(m): 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
WinningSun:

By law he cannot be forced to do the test
Yes they can't
but same law can give order for same test
they need to prove ...how it has...or how it is causing harm
or it's usefulness in accordance with the law
and or for the public
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Damsman10(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
post=80069168:
What a slap on the wrist.

In saner climes, the citizens and the celebrities will be on top of this situation till this woman beater is removed as senator.

There was a country!

All d idiots with voice r focused on d downfall of one pastor

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by mechanics(m): 11:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
Good for him, he won't try that next time.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by ABSTRUSE: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=LegalOpinion post=80073158][/quote]

Assault can ground actions in both criminal law and civil law. And pls the victim need not wait till there's a prosecution. You can bring both actions at the same time or even the civil case before the prosecution in criminal law.

The rule in Smith v Selwyn has been abolished in Nigeria.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Xisnin(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2019
superior1:
Why shouldn't the government also force you to take an HIV test?
If he was a husband slapping his wife, I am sure you would find an excuse for him.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Xisnin(m): 10:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Damsman10:

All d idiots with voice r focused on d downfall of one pastor
You mean a man slapping a shop attendant is more important than a serial rapist
victimizing his church members both single and married.
SMH
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Xisnin(m): 10:24am On Jul 09, 2019
Chijeep:
I hope say no b d court go chop d money ooo?

You don't mean it.
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
Court always adjour cases from time to time. This is as a result of numerous cases awaiting hearing
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by LegalOpinion: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
ABSTRUSE:

Assault can ground actions in both criminal law and civil law. And pls the victim need not wait till there's a prosecution. You can bring both actions at the same time or even the civil case before the prosecution in criminal law.

The rule in Smith v Selwyn has been abolished in Nigeria.

Thank you
Re: Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail by Codylonghunter1: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Dear nairalanders I'd advice you not to pay 1kobo for the so called professional logo.

This guy is extremely incompetent, lacks creativity, customer relations and business ethics.

Don't bother wasting your money on it.

PrinceKevin01:
shocked shocked shocked
That's long expected!
Welcome to Nigeria

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo or Company for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to to chat me up on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s Fundamental Rights Suit Against DSS / What Kerry Discussed With Buhari And Governors / Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.