Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki (67550 Views)

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) / Mecca, Washington DC And Some No-fly Zones In The World. / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Lovelyn451(f): 7:47am On Jul 09, 2019
H
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by kingjrofficial(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2019
Buhari Sef angry

2 Likes

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
I blame Buhari for this..

Me too. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by 400billionman: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2019
grin

This is America.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by SmartMugu: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2019
The rich also cry.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2019
BrightJay:
What's the point?

I guess they're trying to make themselves feel better about their bad road and lacacera bottle-induced floods.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by cobsol(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:
did you know the weather in USA or are you mad comparing USA to that stupid country called Nigeria? I received more than 20 flooding alert 3 days before the flooding.

It’s called flash flooding as you stated it doesn’t last an hour may be

Oga how many hours our own flooding dey last?

Flooding happens to all even US. traffic jam,
kidnapping, bombing all these things happen to UK and all other country even more than it happens to Nigeria, the difference is information management, they don't let their rottenness outside.
Have you hard of the recent rampant stabbing in London? How will you hear? Slaves like you will not hear but can't wait to publicize every bad news out of Nigeria,

Na me send you slavery?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by lomprico(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2019
BrightJay:
What's the point?

The op wants to exonerated lagos flood!

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by DavidEsq(m): 7:56am On Jul 09, 2019
kingemzy5:
Lol trust me... If this kind flood happen for naija... e don turn swimming pool be that...... This ones are indomie class wey dem go dey call emergency agency for grin grin no fuc**ng agency cares, swim your own make I swim my own grin

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by robinicule(m): 7:56am On Jul 09, 2019
ruggedtimi:
Happening under Trump's nose
You can't see your nose until you focus on it

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by TheAlchemist: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2019
Don't mess with mother nature. We recall how Fashola goofed during the opening of eko Atlantic that human ingenuity has conquered nature... a wise man knows it is better to work in harmony with mother nature.
https://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-clinton-fashola-say-eko-atlantic-city-will-drive-tourism/
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by sokera: 8:00am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:
did you know the weather in USA or are you mad comparing USA to that stupid country called Nigeria? I received more than 20 flooding alert 3 days before the flooding.

who is this blockhead saying poo about our dear country? You are whatever you call Nigeria, as long as your root is from there ... low life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Autotech312(m): 8:00am On Jul 09, 2019
anonimi:

Is that why Americans are flooding to Nigeria, passing through Libya and the Mediterranean Sea, just to get permanent residency here and work
A lifeless president of a shithole country has no blame in the eyes of his worshipers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2165170_tinubumumu_jpeg841752a3a8712d5ed9d37dcc8ef65266

A lifeless one that lives in ASO ROCK compare to you that lives in a mud house. Stop insulting our darling president why not pray for him.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by uuzba(m): 8:01am On Jul 09, 2019
Treasure17:
Flood is not limited to Nigeria after all.
Their flood nor get pothole for road. One can still manage.
Our own is both pothole, dustbin, flood, everything combined.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by sokera: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2019
cobsol:

Oga how many hours our own flooding dey last?

Flooding happens to all even US. traffic jam,
kidnapping, bombing all these things happen to UK and all other country even more than it happens to Nigeria, the difference is information management, they don't let their rottenness outside.
Have you hard of the recent rampant stabbing in London? How will you hear? Slaves like you will not hear but can't wait to publicize every bad news out of Nigeria,

Na me send you slavery?
God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by kaima1984(f): 8:01am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:

Mr Man with all due respect please never you call my dearest country NIGERIA stupid, enough said already!!!are you from USA?fly calling itself bird.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by sokera: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2019
Graduateacher:

What's the one in Nigeria called then?
don’t mind the low life ... small mind
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by sokera: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2019
kaima1984:
Mr Man with all due respect please never you call my dearest country NIGERIA stupid, enough said already!!!are you from USA?fly calling itself bird.
don’t mind the slave ... I think we should start dealing with idiot like him , people are working hard to make the country a better place , one idiot living as slave calling his root stupid ... bastard idiot

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Megatrix: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2019
Third world country
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2019
kolaaderin:
Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki. This Is Washington DC USA Flood

A dangerous flash flood emergency hit the streets of Washington D.C. during the Monday morning commute.

With three to four inches of heavy rain falling in a short amount of time, the National Weather Service said the area saw significant flash flooding.

The rain left drivers stranded on top of their cars and some metro commuters with water streaming into the station.

"Travel will be EXTRAORDINARILY dangerous," the National Weather Service warned on Twitter. "Stay out of low areas, if in a low area that may flood, seek higher ground. Stay off the roads if at all possible. This is not the 'usual' flooding."
The rain flooded the main power vault at D.C.'s National Archives, closing the building. The National Archives is home to the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; all those documents are safe, the National Archives and Records Administration said.

The downpour even appears to have affected the White House basement.
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser urged drivers to stay off the roads.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/severe-storms-expected-rockies-midwest-102503563--abc-news-topstories.html

Are u well?
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by uuzba(m): 8:08am On Jul 09, 2019
kponkedenge:

Is actually true, I just saw the images not too long ago on twitter.
Just so you'll know that flooding occurs everywhere on earth.
Ehen ?
But US government knows the day and time of the flood. They know the path the flood will follow. They warn the Citizens and send out emergency aid ahead of time.
They are prepared. Government does everything to maintain drainages

We are never prepared. Our drainage is always blocked with;
1. Nylon bags
2. Plastics bottles
3. That food packed styrofoam thing
4. Pieces of wood
5. Debris from broken buildings
6. Sand from the air and washed off from the back of tippers.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by rusher14: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:

Shut up.

You suffer a severe inferiority complex.

You would look for any excuse to explain the imperfections of foreigners whilst vilifying your kindred for the same issue.

Flood is flood and DC has been aware of flash floods for generations, all they've been able to do is predict it's coming without proferring a long lasting solution.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by computerglobal(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2019
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Murjem(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2019
You are a big fool calling Nigeria stupid how dare you
Optional09:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Ayoefa: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:

STOP lying to the gullible. There is NO way that you will get flash flood warning 3 days in advance. That is a complete lie. The best it that the warning will come hours before the flood. Besides DC, you have flooding in Houston on a regular basis for years. If the kind of rain that we have in Lagos should fall in Houston, Atlanta and some other US cities, you will have some form of flooding, road closures, downed tress etc.
The road situation in Nigeria is pathetic but stop lying to these people that everything in America is just dandy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by MrgudK(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Treasure17:
Flood is not limited to Nigeria after all.
So congratulations to you people now, right? Imioho!
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by bestpunterever: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
I blame Buhari for this..
no, let's us blame ur daddy for not using withdrawal method that night they produced you
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by freemi(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:

wat do I knw I haven't even cross badagri
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Benekruku(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Glad this made front page.

Those lots that have never been to airport and still blame The administration of His Excellence, President Mohammadi Buhari (GCFR) for flooding will have a reason to keep quite permanently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by brenister10: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2019
This is the kind of cars the car dealers in Naija go dey sell at exorbitant prices in Nigeria
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by cluewebhost(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2019
Direct Toks loading to Nigeria
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Omoslim26: 8:28am On Jul 09, 2019
Kyril:

Use your head, man. Use your head.

He lives in the US.

ok did u see him in d US or he told u he lives in d US. Use ur head, man.USe ur head. Dis is Nigeria gbogbowa ni criminal in falz voice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / Welcome To Akure City (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.