Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) (33415 Views)

Mecca, Washington DC And Some No-fly Zones In The World. / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
Although, I've occasionally heard people talk about how they once missed thier flights, I never paid great attention as to what follows next. The last occurrence a PhD friend in Minnesota told me was when he missed his US-bound British Airways flight from the UK last summer. He was eventually excited when placed on another BA flight for free after much delay albeit there was a change in his destination (He arrived Utah instead of Minneapolis).

Today, I was to depart Denver at 6:45am for Washington DC on a Frontier Airlines, a trip I've planned and prepared for, for weeks. Arrived very early at DEN airport around 3:45am, completed my check-ins and got my boarding pass by past 4am and was waiting for 6am when boarding would commence. I needed to perform morning prayers and was lucky to find an Interfaith Chapel in the airport. I went inside the chapel around 5am and came out about few minutes past 6am.

It was at this moment I became seemly apprehensive, with the realization that I had limited time to join the boarding that ends at 6:20am. The thought that I still had to pass through the slow Immigration check point for screening even confirmed by worst fears.

I hurriedly went through the screening, and joined a 2 minutes tram ride that would take me to my boarding gate. My people, that was how I arrived at the gate by 6:30am only to find another African from Djibouti also going to DC, and ought to have boarded the flight but stranded outside this gate. His first words, we've missed the flight, and the gate is locked. I responded, the plane hasn't left as I pointed to it. He said they won't let us in as boarding is closed.

We were ask to go see customer service but was astounded by the poor and irritating lack of empathy by the customer representatives of Frontier Airlines. Many of their customers missed one flight or the other for different reasons - We had to repay to book our tickets for another flight. No refund was given.
Currently waiting for the next flight to DC. Note: cheap flight comes with trade offs.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2023

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2023

2 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by funshint(m): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
How many minutes were you supposed to be there before take-off? Whites don't joke with time.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2023
funshint:
How many minutes were you supposed to be there before take-off? Whites don't joke with time.
I ought to have been there by 6am. I think boarding started early and ended early, before 6:30am. Ordinarily, boarding should be from 6am to 6:30am for a 6:45am takeoff. Nothing like African time o, and two Africans missed the flight. Despite being arriving at the airport around 3:45am.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by virginchaser(m): 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
We are used to it. It irritates me a lot whenever i see these things repeatedly happening to Nigerians.

15 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by vastolord4(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sometimes, unnecessary tings can pop-up and within seconds miss what you really want..

9 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by funshint(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Schrodinger2:

I ought to have been there by 6am. I think boarding started early and ended early, before 6:30am. Ordinarily, boarding should be from 6am to 6:30am for a 6:45am takeoff. Nothing like African time o, and two Africans missed the flight. Despite being arriving at the airport around 3:45am.
You weren't there for the boarding when you're supposed to.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Sweetvie: 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2023
Hmm
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Finally Boarding!

7 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2023

3 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by DisGuy: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2023
Early morning flight, never!

Imagine someone had dropped you off at 3.45am then telling the person you missed your 6am flight

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 3:51am On Mar 15, 2023
DisGuy:
Early morning flight, never!

Imagine someone had dropped you off at 3.45am then telling the person you missed your 6am flight
Yeah, you're right. I couldn't go back home to tell my landlady that took me to airport that I missed my flight. I had to stay for late evening flight. Omo, I just landed at DC.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by OkanlawonB(m): 7:24am On Mar 15, 2023
However unpleasant an experience it may be, missing one`s flight may occur for different reasons. I had such experience on two occasions.
The first was in 2007 i missed my Ryanair flight from London Stansted to Mainland Europe( Austria). I underestimated the time of accessing the Stansted Airport from London Victoria. On getting to Stansted Airport, it was already too late to Board. Luckily there was another Ryanair flight hours later in the day going to Austria but a different City. I had no choice but the buy this expensive ticket.
On the second occasion in 2012, i was scheduled to take a KLM flight back to Europe from Nigeria. I ought to have flew a day earlier but i never realized this until a i had a second look at my ticket to get ready for my flight later in the night and it dawned on me that i have missed my flight a day earlier (a case of No Show). I went to the KLM Office at MMA , I only had to pay some additional fee (Ticket was rebookable) but need not buy a new ticket. I was able to get a seat that day. Confusing dates of over nights flights, so check and recheck overnight flight dates.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by funshint(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:

It doesn't matter if you arrived the airport at 1am. You weren't at the boarding lounge when you should be. And stop making this about Africans.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by internationalman(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2023
See as everywhere fine

8 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2023
funshint:

It doesn't matter if you arrived the airport at 1am. You weren't at the boarding lounge when you should be. And stop making this about Africans.
Sure I wasn't there, but I think we Africans need to do more with keeping to time.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Schrodinger2(m): 11:06am On Mar 15, 2023
OkanlawonB:
However unpleasant an experience it may be, missing one`s flight may occur for different reasons. I had such experience on two occasions.
The first was in 2007 i missed my Ryanair flight from London Stansted to Mainland Europe( Austria). I underestimated the time of accessing the Stansted Airport from London Victoria. On getting to Stansted Airport, it was already too late to Board. Luckily there was another Ryanair flight hours later in the day going to Austria but a different City. I had no choice but the buy this expensive ticket.
On the second occasion in 2012, i was scheduled to take a KLM flight back to Europe from Nigeria. I ought to have flew a day earlier but i never realized this until a i had a second look at my ticket to get ready for my flight later in the night and it dawned on me that i have missed my flight a day earlier (a case of No Show). I went to the KLM Office at MMA , I only had to pay some additional fee (Ticket was rebookable) but need not buy a new ticket. I was able to get a seat that day. Confusing dates of over nights flights, so check and recheck overnight flight dates.

Most often than not, I thought passengers on international flights usually get rescheduled free of charge, at later date. Interesting experience.

2 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
How will this help the economy of Nigeria

18 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Godsfrezx: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
S
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Hemimarey: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
It is well...
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by seunlayi(m): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Kingpele(m): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2023
Ok
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by iHateFraudsters: 11:43am On Mar 15, 2023
See what religion has caused?

It's easy to say "God is everywhere".

But it's hard to believe it

Because if you believe it, you can communicate with God anywhere you are.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by IrepChrist: 11:44am On Mar 15, 2023
I had an experience last year due to COVID issues. I missed that particular flight and I paid 90 percent of the ticket cost extra so that i could fly 2days later.

It dawn on me further how dangerous it will be to miss rapture. Friends, please don't miss that ultimate flight.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by maxjax(m): 11:44am On Mar 15, 2023
japa o0o cheesy
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Okwyjesus(m): 11:45am On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Learn your lesson and keep your phone one corner for now. Adjust and join Aka ne elu.....

1 Like

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by NewestNigerian: 11:45am On Mar 15, 2023
Eeeyah
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:46am On Mar 15, 2023
Reminds me of my first foreign trip to China! I took Ethiopian airline from Abuja international airport stopping at Addis-Ababa and changing flight to Hangzhou, China. Normally we landed at Addis-Ababa airport then we had to wait for sometime for our load to be offloaded and reloaded on our next transit flight...Na so I go round that their mighty airport, I forgot to change my wrist watch time and I went to drink with one other white guy we are on the flight with. Before I could locate my counter to check into the new flight...Our flight has left us behind! I was like Damn see me see gobe! Ethiopian airline were so nice to us that they told us we can check into the country to sleep, its a visa free country and go around then fly with the next flight the next evening! We paid like only 50dollars for the visa! I got into Ethiopia and enjoyed with two sweet Ethiopian olosho that night!!! In the morning I went to that popular palace and places around the country. By evening I was at the airport and landed in Hangzhou China to face extra confusion as I couldn't speak Chinese then.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway / One Dead As Mechanic Bashes Man's Car While Driving It To His Workshop. Photos / Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.