Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Aftermath Of Ijegun pipeline Fire by a resident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Ijegun pipeline Fire by a resident (428 Views)

Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road / See The Dilapidated Condition Of Ijegun Junction, Ijagemo Alimosho Lagos State / Aftermath Of Atiku & Peter Obi's Campaign In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Ijegun pipeline Fire by a resident by Acode: 1:48am On Jul 09, 2019
The fire which we all estimated to have killed two people(an aboki whose kiosk got burnt and a bus driver who was caught in d inferno) but more deaths has been recorded no thanks to the Lagos state government's poor emergency management authorities
Please don't mind my literal deficiencies...am Just trying to ring out an update on d current life situations of victims and survivals from this fire... And also voice my opinion on a lingering community problem we facing

9 people has been confirmed dead as at 6pm last night leaving two breathing survivals hanging on to d tiniest hope of life with the aid of an oxygen

The Thursday early morning fire which began few minutes past four and claimed few lifes at the initial has almost wiped out A complete family of 7 (grandmother.. Father mother and 2children late) left is two daughter who we are still hoping will pull through...

The Lagos state emergency management authority came on air and all media platforms saying victims of this inferno will be giving proper treatments for free....but the Truth is... They got abandoned immediately they were admitted into gbagada general hospital... This particular family of seven who got burnt in this inferno were unfortunately part of the victims dumped at gbagada hospital by LASEMA ... This hospital demanded a deposit of 100thousand naira before any treatment can be perform on the victims... We were shocked at d cruelty of this particular agency... The whole irede community landlords in ijegun and every other concerned community member were ask to come to their aid cos the whole family were incapacitated.. We all paid the little we could so treatment could commence but after raising d money
We lost d grandmother and the mom.. Saturday we lost one of the twin.. And yesterday Morning we lost the pretty daughter zainab...

My problem is not with the hospital actually... But how can an institution that is saddled with d responsibilities of protecting life nd property fail in protecting the life and still fails in saving what is left of the unprotected life... As in Why should a fire victim.... rescued by LASEMA...... be asked to pay a first aid FEE... It's atrocious...

It's either someone is trying to make a quick cash from the non payment of the victims hospital treatment ... Or there was never a free first aid treatment in the first place..

I reside in ijegun... My apartment was few Meters away from been engulfed if not for some divine intervention nd maybe the swiftness of Lagos state fire service... I experienced the 2008 fire explosion which claimed more victims nd property due to the time it occurred ... But all victims to my knowledge didn't pay a dime till they got discharged.... And those who lost loved ones were assisted financially in their burial..

While doing some consulting with the aim of making this case against LASEMA public... I got some cold replies from the elders in the community... The general view was that.. Since the fire was triggered by vandals and not the government or any government agency the victims are on their own... Unlike 2008 which was caused by an ongoing road construction... This country is actually a shit hole..

There shouldn't be a condition written or unwritten that regulates d involvement of any government in saving lifes of dying victims....am actually typing this with a trembling heart...

God help Nigeria

Lalasticlala
Re: Aftermath Of Ijegun pipeline Fire by a resident by princeFAD: 4:04am On Jul 09, 2019
Attach some pictures
Re: Aftermath Of Ijegun pipeline Fire by a resident by meezynetwork(m): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2019
So sad
Re: Aftermath Of Ijegun pipeline Fire by a resident by boldaslion: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2019
princeFAD:
Attach some pictures

The bus driver is one of my friends. He came from Japan, he had some problems and was planning to go back. His papers are ready, just hustling to get some money to sponsor himself back

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Ex-apc Chieftain, Frank Sends Message To Nigerians Over INEC / BREAKING: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Today's Shiites Protest Is Dead / C’river North Youths Hail Buhari Over Jedi-agba’s Ministerial Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.