Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road (3668 Views)

Angry Lagosians At Ijagemo Chased Away Land Use Charge Officials / See The Dilapidated Condition Of Ijegun Junction, Ijagemo Alimosho Lagos State / Oil Pipeline Explodes In Ijegun, Ikotun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by fijiano202(m): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
Welcome to Ijagemo town...the town with over 200,000 Lagosians facing this huge problem Daily due to the negligence by the State Government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Shellsploit: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
Okearo Matogun road sef shocked
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by fijiano202(m): 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
More

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Chikarata2020(m): 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
Until the south unit as one to fight evil government, they will always be sidelined and neglected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Lisaint(m): 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Agbara-Badagry

The rd that’s directly under the Federal ministry of works and housing!

The same ministry that’s headed by former lagos state Governor

The jack bauer of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by bossvinqualad25(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
Only God knows how apc win election in places like this, If you are an experienced teacher and reside around ayobo, bada Lagos check my signature for my contact .Requirement O level ,OND or NCE

2 Likes

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OgaTheTop2: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
Only God knows how apc win election in places like this, If you are an experienced teacher and reside around ayobo, bada Lagos check my signature for my contact .Requirement O level ,OND or NCE
The voters sold their future away to apc out of greed and sentiment.. Now, they reap the result of their foolishness..

5 Likes

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by bossvinqualad25(m): 11:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
OgaTheTop2:
The voters sold their future away to apc out of greed and sentiment.. Now, they reap the result of their foolishness..
you just hit the nail on the head
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OgaTheTop2: 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
you just hit the nail on the head
...that to say it applies to all those that voted in Buhari the second term...now they suffer and smile.. Nigeria has got a looong way to redemption until we act now!

1 Like

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 29, 2020
Eko O ni Baje. This is a state that Bola Tinubu created a multi-billion life pension for former Governors

3 Likes

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OlujobaSamuel: 12:36am On Oct 29, 2020
OgaTheTop2:
Not true.
The op do not even do enough justice to the situation. The posted part is just a portion. The road is about 4 to 6km from Ijegun to Ijagemo. There are portions of the road that no car passes through for now till dry season. The population of the community is more than 20000, should be upto 10times of that, that is, about 200000 or more. The town starts from somewhere after Ologun Bus stop down to Oko Obi.
Though, we can't disprove the fact that some were given peanuts to sell their votes, however, there is no real opposition in that community. The only time PDP showed any sign of seriousness was during 2015 election.
Also, there is a general belief(rightly or wrongly) that if people vote en masse for the winning party, they will be remembered soon in terms of infrastructure.
In my own view, the reason why the community never gets any major benefits from the state or LGA is due to proximity with the LGA itself. The LGA is in Ojo, LCDA is at Iba, the Ward is under an unknown street in Iba, so wẹ have 2 populated towns(Ijagemo And Ijedodo having no connecting road between the other) to be politically under a street that no one knows where it is situated. Also, there is no road that connects either of the 2towns to the LGA or LCDA, you have to drive down to Ijegun to Ikotun then Igando before moving down to the LGA.
If Alimosho (Igando Ikotun LCDA) can push for the two towns to be under it (I don't know how feasible that is), development should get to the area sooner than later.

Cc: Bibianna (I hope I got her moniker right), she knows little about the community too, maybe she might have some pictures to backup the op.

1 Like

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Pleasant01: 12:39am On Oct 29, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
are PDP governed states any better.... both of them are just deceiving us

4 Likes

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Cantonese: 12:49am On Oct 29, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Not true.
Though, we can't disprove the fact that some were given peanuts to sell their votes, however, there is no real opposition in that community. The only time PDP showed any sign of seriousness was during 2015 election.
Also, there is a general belief(rightly or wrongly) that if people vote en masse for the winning party, they will be remembered soon in terms of infrastructure.
In my own view, the reason why the community never gets any major benefits from the state or LGA is due to proximity with the LGA itself. The LGA is in Ojo, LCDA is at Iba, the Ward is under an unknown street in Iba, so wẹ have 2 populated towns(Ijagemo And Ijedodo having no connecting road between the other) to be politically under a street that no one knows where it is situated. Also, there is no road that connects either of the 2towns to the LGA or LCDA, you have to drive down to Ijegun to Ikotun then Igando before moving down to the LGA.
If Alimosho (Igando Ikotun LCDA) can push for the two towns to be under it (I don't know how feasible that is), development should get to the area sooner than later.

May I ask if there is no councillor there? If there is a councillor there, is his job not to inform the LG or LCDA?

Secondly when they campaigned for the election, did the governor, federal and state.assembly members not get to those areas? Did they not make campaign promises? If it is so, why have they failed to fulfil their promises?

It is a shame when we hear that a certain organisation makes 20 billion from collecting taxes every year from Lagos. Lagos on its own makes over 200 billion from taxes alone and yet we see such organisation in a city like that.

Ambode would have taken Lagos to the next level. Have you seen the jobs done in areas like Igando? Ikola command, etc?
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OlujobaSamuel: 1:10am On Oct 29, 2020
Cantonese:

May I ask if there is no councillor there? If there is a councillor there, is his job not to inform the LG or LCDA?

Secondly when they campaigned for the election, did the governor, federal and state.assembly members not get to those areas? Did they not make campaign promises? If it is so, why have they failed to fulfil their promises?

It is a shame when we hear that a certain organisation makes 20 billion from collecting taxes every year from Lagos. Lagos on its own makes over 200 billion from taxes alone and yet we see such organisation in a city like that.

Ambode would have taken Lagos to the next level. Have you seen the jobs done in areas like Igando? Ikola command, etc?
You know LGA election is usually out of the regular electoral season, so the awareness isn't there. Most of the time, or should I say all of the time, there is no elected councillor living in the community, so people hardly know them except those that are familiar with the political unit. Only one councillor was once a resident since 2decades plus that I've been there, and he could not cope at the end of the day, because he is not better than he was, sometimes late for functions or things passed him by before he got to know, and people expected so much for such a post.
The political unit of the APC is controlled by the indigenous people of the community, so they see contrary view as trying to take away their food, we have tried to change the political narrative but those that can help(financial backbone) are mostly sympathetic to the ruling party.
No governorship aspirants ever campaigned in the community, only Jimi Agbaje(PDP) 2015 gave a cameo appearance.
Ambode never looked at the area for anything, the last govt intervention before last year was during Fashola, when he was promoting Ambode, 125trips of sand fillings to grade the road and according to what we heard, it was more than that but some people took the fund.
Last year or early this year, when some road rehabilitation was going on, the rubble were brought to fill some portion of the road, although it wasn't spread, community raised fund to get a grader to spread it, then the leftover was spread manually.
I haven't seen any house of representatives or senate campaign there, but I know of house of assembly.
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OlujobaSamuel: 1:18am On Oct 29, 2020
Cantonese:

Lol, on the issue of tax, they almost mobbed govt officials distributing land use charge last year, there is a makeshift wooden bridge made through community effort. So I once told them that you guys ought not to be using this bridge to share tax, you should have told those that sent you the situation of things. I never knew some people picked that up, so they came again the next day and people turned on them, they had to turn back.
The only tax I know people are not paying is the ones on shops(tenament rate), any other one that is collected directly by the state, they will come for it.
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by temi1290: 1:35am On Oct 29, 2020
People that refused to give us our indomie,how will they give us good roads

2 Likes

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Yobabad: 4:49am On Oct 29, 2020
Tomorrow now, members of YMM (Yoruba Muslims Miscreants) will put the picture up and tell you is Aba
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by CodeTemplar: 6:03am On Oct 29, 2020
Aquatic road.
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by AdaugoChisom(f): 6:07am On Oct 29, 2020
FAKE NEWS

This is Aba. grin not our Lagos London
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by bossvinqualad25(m): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2020
Pleasant01:

are PDP governed states any better.... both of them are just deceiving us
they also greedy leaders and self centred too
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by obami007(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2020
Na wa o

I have seen worse roads sha

Have you been to abanishe in Egbe area

Or even inside streets of ejigbo

You will think the govt have personal beefs with residents of these areas
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by richyfunky(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Not true.
The op do not even do enough justice to the situation. The posted part is just a portion. The road is about 4 to 6km from Ijegun to Ijagemo. There are portions of the road that no car passes through for now till dry season. The population of the community is more than 20000, should be upto 10times of that, that is, about 200000 or more. The town starts from somewhere after Ologun Bus stop down to Oko Obi.

Cc: Bibianna (I hope I got her moniker right), she knows little about the community too, maybe she might have some pictures to backup the op.
Well explained, your details are spot on
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Yahman1(m): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2020
obami007:
Na wa o

I have seen worse roads sha

Have you been to abanishe in Egbe area

Or even inside streets of ejigbo

You will think the govt have personal beefs with residents of these areas

cheesy

I swear this road get hope sef

once I passed through Gowon estate, egbeda

if you see road

I know no wen I shed tears sef

if I should compile all the list of heartbreaking roads I have encountered in Lagos eh it will form a novel

and election time these people will still vote in

Devils parading as representatives

I said it before

if there is really hell fire as all this Religious folks claim

then on the last day I expect to see all Nigerian politicians there if not it'll mean that God is Biased
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Pweetiedude(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2020
fijiano202:
Welcome to Ijagemo town...the town with over 20,000 Lagosians facing this huge problem Daily due to the negligence by the State Government
Is this not oyedokun b/s - isaja b/s along ijagemo road
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by obami007(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2020
Yahman1:

cheesy

I swear this road get hope sef

once I passed through Gowon estate, egbeda

if you see road

I know no wen I shed tears sef

if I should compile all the list of heartbreaking roads I have encountered in Lagos eh it will form a novel

Loolz

It’s too bad
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OlujobaSamuel: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Pweetiedude:
Yes it is.
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Cantonese: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Lol, on the issue of tax, they almost mobbed govt officials distributing land use charge last year, there is a makeshift wooden bridge made through community effort. So I once told them that you guys ought not to be using this bridge to share tax, you should have told those that sent you the situation of things. I never knew some people picked that up, so they came again the next day and people turned on them, they had to turn back.
The only tax I know people are not paying is the ones on shops(tenament rate), any other one that is collected directly by the state, they will come for it.

My brother what bothers me is that we hear so many good stories of how Lagos is a mega city with everywhere well built up. I know that Ijagemo area. That area can connect Ojo barracks at the back and roads can connect Festac and Okota from there if the major road is built.

Look at Abaranje as far as Okerube. Notice how bad the link road there is leading to Okerube. Luckily I noticed that a small road has been connected between Okerube and Iba expressway at Akesan area. When roads are built, areas are opened up. Comnerce will thrive and traffic holdups vanish.

One is forced to ask why some people live in Lagos but there is no appearance of Lagos in the areas where they reside. With a very good road passing through Ijagemo lives will be better for those living within and around its environs. Same goes for Ijedodo.

Anyway once again I think corruption has dealt a very wicked blow on this country. Corruption is the principal problem. The people there to should let their votes matter during elections and not way to collect the peanuts that enslave them all.

Lastly I think people who live around those areas should take protests to the governor's office and the state assembly.
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by Yomit71(m): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2020
That's why we want Biafra

Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by naija4life247: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Chikarata2020:
Until the south unit as one to fight evil government, they will always be sidelined and neglected.

Is this also the fault of Hausa/Fulanis?
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by OlujobaSamuel: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2020
Cantonese:

My brother what bothers me is that we hear so many good stories of how Lagos is a mega city with everywhere well built up. I know that Ijagemo area. That area can connect Ojo barracks at the back and roads can connect Festac and Okota from there if the major road is built.

Look at Abaranje as far as Okerube. Notice how bad the link road there is leading to Okerube. Luckily I noticed that a small road has been connected between Okerube and Iba expressway at Akesan area. When roads are built, areas are opened up. Comnerce will thrive and traffic holdups vanish.

One is forced to ask why some people live in Lagos but there is no appearance of Lagos in the areas where they reside. With a very good road passing through Ijagemo lives will be better for those living within and around its environs. Same goes for Ijedodo.

Anyway once again I think corruption has dealt a very wicked blow on this country. Corruption is the principal problem. The people there to should let their votes matter during elections and not way to collect the peanuts that enslave them all.

Lastly I think people who live around those areas should take protests to the governor's office and the state assembly.
As you rightly said, corruption is the issue. We have so many people of influence that can help but they preferred their pockets to community pocket as long as they can easily find their way through the road, changing cars is no issue for them.
There has been series of protest to the state govt with many televised by media houses(Channels, TVC, Galaxy, Mitv), print media and radio houses, but all we get is lip service from the govt. They send in some guys in the name of survey and disappear till a renew pressure is mounted.
SanwoOlu also sent in people early this year, a PS, SA and some others, promised as usual, but yet to see it materialised.
I currently live outside there but my business is there, and I find it difficult transporting goods down there, aside paying exorbitant amount to bikers or commercial vehicles, you have to pray that your goods do not get submerged in the water.
Re: Heartwrecking Pictures Of Ijegun-ijagemo Road by fijiano202(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2020
Pweetiedude:
don't know but they call it Eti odo or something sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Threatened, Protect Yourselves – Amaechi Tells IPOB, ESN / Fulani Launch Caliphate In Cross River / Fubara Be Warned, Wike Is More Powerful Than Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.