Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room (1660 Views)

Policewoman, Celestina Kalu Saves The Life Of A Victim Of Robbery (Photos) / Oluchi 'China Golden' Accused Of Robbery Burnt By Mob In Cross River. Graphic / Members Of Robbery Gang From Onitsha Shot Dead In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by prodigy22: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2019
Someone who is close to me travelled all the way to ph from abj with a friend for an event. They were lodged in a decent looking hotel there(They paid 9k each day for their room). On the night before the day they were to leave, they were robbed at gun point in their room by someone who gained entry by claiming to be room service. Two Iphones (x max and 8 plus) we're taken, and also cash sums. When she broke the story to me I felt really Angry and my immediate thought was that the hotel should be held accountable. She and her friend already involved SARS in the matter, and the bastards have already fleeced them of 26k in the name of mobilization logistics?? ? And are again looking for more money for 'tracking ' . I told her not to give them any more money. Please dear nairalanders I need your help with suggestions on the best way to Go about this issue. Bless you.

Edited: they first went to police, but she noticed some funny business between the officers and the hotel manager, also the hotel manager claims not to have CCTV cameras installed
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by tyup(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2019
prodigy22:
Someone who is close to me travelled all the way to ph from abj with a friend for an event. They were lodged in a decent looking hotel there(They paid 9k each day for their room). On the night before the day they were to leave, they were robbed at gun point in their room by someone who gained entry by claiming to be room service. Two Iphones (x max and 8 plus) we're taken, and also cash sums. When she broke the story to me I felt really Angry and my immediate thought was that the hotel should be held accountable. She and her friend already involved SARS in the matter, and the bastards have already fleeced them of 26k in the name of mobilization logistics?? ? And are again looking for more money for 'tracking ' . I told her not to give them any more money. Please dear nairalanders I need your help with suggestions on the best way to Go about this issue. Bless you.

Edited: they first went to police, but she noticed some funny business between the officers and the hotel manager, also the hotel manager claims not to have CCTV cameras installed

the most important thing she should be doing is to thank God she was not abducted enroute Ph neither was she killed in Ph

cause ion know why somebody at this point in time would like / wan2 travel to port Harcourt
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Blackfire(m): 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
When you lost #2,000 naira.... And you went to the police or herbalist to look for it ....don't you know you will continue to spend
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Abee79(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
This is sad and unfortunate. It was an "inside job"

1 Like

Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by nelklyn(m): 1:17am On Jul 12, 2019
Abee79:
This is sad and unfortunate. It was an "inside job"

Definitely an inside job...Those hotel staff need to be questioned.

When I lodge in a hotel I don't sleep well, I usually stay alert. My experience at a hotel I lodged when I traveled to Owerri on the 14th of last month, Haven Suits, was creepy. On the 16th at around 12:30 am or almost 1am, I heard someone knocking on my door continuously. I refused to open the door because I wasn't expecting anyone and whoever was knocking was obviously hiding as I couldn't sight the person through the peephole on the door.

I called the receptionist and was furious. I asked her if that's how they send univited guests up to people's rooms and that I wasn't expecting any guest. She was trying to apologize and I just hung up. Some minutes later a guy came knocking that he was the porter. I shouted at him and told him to leave my door that I would see them in the morning.

I decided to check out at daybreak. As I was leaving one of the hotel staff walked up to me after seeing my room key card was for room 402 and was like sorry he was the one that came knocking the second time. He wanted to explain to me that it was a girl going to another room who missed her way that was knocking on my door. Pure BS, if that was true why was she trying so hard to stay out of sight even when I asked, WHO?

One really have to be careful while staying at these hotels or better I avoid them...the other day I read about a woman murdered in a hotel in SA, it's just crazy stuff.

3 Likes

Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by worldman(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2019
It's only SARS that can help get her property back with the help of tracking
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Jakumo(m): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2019
Staying in a Lagos hotel a few years back, I was unable to sleep due to my loathing of Lagos, and of all that God-forsaken place means to me, so when the shouting started in what turned out to be an adjoining hotel, I heard every word with a growing sense of panic.

Dismayed that Nigerian firearms laws prevent private citizens from carrying their licensed weapons for self-defense, I sat helpless and unarmed like a spring chicken in the dark of that hotel room, with a growing sense of absolute, abject terror welling up inside my mind, as commands were barked into the night, from very near by - " Hands up !" "Lie Down !" "Shut up !".

That night was one of the longest ever, and I did not sleep for one instant as I strained my ears listening intently for the expected attempt to break down my hotel room door. Next morning, when I asked the front desk about what the heck occurred the previous night, the clerk claimed total ignorance of the loud racket I clearly heard, that commenced at about 2am in the dead of night, and seemed to go on forever.

Lagos, I hail una. Na every day man pikin dey die 5-naira death for inside that una Lagos. Make ona no fess o. I nogo show my face for ona town again, lai lai.

Without question, I will NEVER in the future schedule a flight that will entail my booking a room in ANY Lagos hotel, and more to the point, I will NEVER stay in ANY Lagos hotel for any reason, until such time as hell freezes over completely.
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Abee79(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
nelklyn:

When I lodge in a hotel I don't sleep well, I usually stay alert. My experience at a hotel I lodged when I traveled to Owerri on the 14th of last month, Haven Suits, was creepy. On the 16th at around 12:30 am or almost 1am, I heard someone knocking on my door continuously. I refused to open the door because I wasn't expecting anyone and whoever was knocking was obviously hiding as I couldn't sight the person through the peephole on the door.

I called the receptionist and was furious. I asked her if that's how they send uninvited guests up to people's rooms and that I wasn't expecting any guest. She was trying to apologize and I just hung up. Some minutes later a guy came knocking that he was the porter. I shouted at him and told him to leave my door that I would see them in the morning.

I decided to check out at daybreak. As I was leaving one of the hotel staff walked up to me after seeing my room key card was for room 402 and was like sorry he was the one that came knocking the second time. He wanted to explain to me that it was a girl going to another room who missed her way that was knocking on my door. Pure BS, if that was true why was she trying so hard to stay out of sight even when I asked, WHO?

One really have to be careful while staying at these hotels or better I avoid them...the other day I read about a woman murdered in a hotel in SA, it's just crazy stuff.
Wow! That was scary!
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2019
Jakumo:
Staying in a Lagos hotel a few years back, I was unable to sleep due to my loathing of Lagos, and of all that God-forsaken place means to me, so when the shouting started in what turned out to be an adjoining hotel, I heard every word with a growing sense of panic.

Dismayed that Nigerian firearms laws prevent private citizens from carrying their licensed weapons for self-defense, I sat helpless and unarmed like a spring chicken in the dark of that hotel room, with a growing sense of absolute, abject terror welling up inside my mind, as commands were barked into the night, from very near by - " Hands up !" "Lie Down !" "Shut up !".

That night was one of the longest ever, and I did not sleep for one instant as I strained my ears listening intently for the expected attempt to break down my hotel room door. Next morning, when I asked the front desk about what the heck occurred the previous night, the clerk claimed total ignorance of the loud racket I clearly heard, that commenced at about 2am in the dead of night, and seemed to go on forever.

Lagos, I hail una. Na every day man pikin dey die 5-naira death for inside that una Lagos. Make ona no fess o. I nogo show my face for ona town again, lai lai.

Without question, I will NEVER in the future schedule a flight that will entail my booking a room in ANY Lagos hotel, and more to the point, I will NEVER stay in ANY Lagos hotel for any reason, until such time as hell freezes over completely.

Which hotel was this? I know you don't roll in short time
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by chidemavian: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2019
Forget about all u lost, and move on
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Weathered: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2019
prodigy22:

Nigerians will not cease to amaze me.

So if SARS or police arrests the thieves what next? You can't get your phones or money from them.

Please sue the hotel management for failing to provide security as your hosts and you will see how the hotel management will call you guys for settlement.

1 Like

Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2019
nelklyn:

I called the receptionist and was furious. I asked her if that's how they send univited guests up to people's rooms and that I wasn't expecting any guest. She was trying to apologize and I just hung up. Some minutes later a guy came knocking that he was the porter. I shouted at him and told him to leave my door that I would see them in the morning.

Next time if you get to owerri, Look for IMO Concorde Hotel and Lodge and experience Full hospitality and service of well trained staffs with fully functional CCTV everywhere including the entrance to your room. Owned by IMO state government
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by nelklyn(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
profjustine458:
Next time if you get to owerri, Look for IMO Concorde Hotel and Lodge and experience Full hospitality and service of well trained staffs with fully functional CCTV everywhere including the entrance to your room. Owned by IMO state government

Thanks, will do.
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by adslipps: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
profjustine458:

Concord hotel is expensive nah.
Re: New System Of Robbery In Hotel Room by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
adslipps:

Concord hotel is expensive nah.
Forget that.
with 12k you can get a comfortable room in Concorde with breakfast.
just tell the receptionist you want to see their manager, explain to him.story finish

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Fulani Herdsmen, Cows Invade Premises Of FUTO, Owerri / After Collecting N22m From FMC Staff To Supply Cars, Company CEO Vanishes / Violence Breaks Out Around Airport Road, Abuja (Videos, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.