Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Tofel Score: 45 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tofel Score: 45 (899 Views)

How To Download TOFEL Or IELTS Past Questions. / Ban On GRE And TOFEL, How True Is This. / The Imformation You Must Know About Tofel And How To Pass Tofel At One Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tofel Score: 45 by boluoyinbo: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2010
I am a graduate of lagos state polytechnic . i did tofel exam last month and i scored 45, the school am appliying to(university of texas arlington)needs 79.i want to study an under graduate course in sociology, did i have any chance in the school. secondly, my sponsor is in usa, i hope this would not affect me
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by omega25red(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2010
if they want 79 and you got 45 you should do the math.

reschedule another exam and study harder wishing you luck on the next exam
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by wip4: 8:28am On Oct 11, 2010
@poster,

the 79 on the university websites is just the MINIMUM requirement , so to stand a god chance you will need to study further and maybe go for extra classes to earn MORE THAN 79 cos you will be competing with student wit scores like 90 or more. wish you luck!
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by kadman(m): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
Dude, you better schedule another exam again and study harder. Those minimum scores are not there for nothing. Even if by any chance you did gain admission. The embassy might refuse you based on that score. Buy practise material and study man. You're a graduate you can do. Best of luck !
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2010
Average TOEFL scores are usually 93. What are you doing with 45? shocked
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by LPFInvest: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2010
boluoyinbo:

I am a graduate of lagos state polytechnic . i did tofel exam last month and i scored 45, the school am appliying to(university of texas arlington)needs 79.i want to study an under graduate course in sociology, did i have any chance in the school. secondly, my sponsor is in usa, i hope this would not affect me

I know this is going to seem cruel, so I apologize in advance. A good dose of reality, not cruelty, is my goal.

The truth is, the first step to passing an exam is knowing what the exam represents, and that includes knowing how to spell the name of the exam!
Also, you have 3 or 4 grammatical and spelling errors in a 2 line sentence! These are violations of some fundamental rules of grammar, as opposed to typographical errors, so I dare say you are going to face serious difficulty with TOEFL.

I suggest you register in an English language course, and only when you have passed several practice tests should you try again. I have seen it happen with great success - I have 2 friends who attended grad school with me in Chicago. They are from Panama, and until then only spoke Spanish. They attended an English language preparatory school in Philadelphia for 6 months, and then passed not only TOEFL, but graduated with a masters in law! One of them is now a partner at a large law firm in Panama, and the other (his younger brother), is a Judge.

Moral of the story - It is doable, if you are able to combine preparation with determination. Good luck.
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by worry246(m): 5:22am On Oct 19, 2010
You should first go down on your knees and appologise to your parents for wasting their money on a failed education.
Then get a job selling pure water or recharge cards till you can pay them back.
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2010
LPF Invest:

I know this is going to seem cruel, so I apologize in advance. A good dose of reality, not cruelty, is my goal.

The truth is, the first step to passing an exam is knowing what the exam represents, and that includes knowing how to spell the name of the exam!
Also, you have 3 or 4 grammatical and spelling errors in a 2 line sentence! These are violations of some fundamental rules of grammar, as opposed to typographical errors, so I dare say you are going to face serious difficulty with TOEFL.

lol, well said!
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by kadman(m): 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
worry246:

You should first go down on your knees and appologise to your parents for wasting their money on a failed education.
Then get a job selling pure water or recharge cards till you can pay them back.

LoL cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by 2good(m): 1:09am On Oct 23, 2010
A 45 score in toefl means you are probably so dull and wasting your time trying to go to the US to school.
Toefl is one of the easiest exams on earth for god sake. How can one score 45 and still have the courage to come to a public forum to ask stupid question?
Do lecturers and students speak yoruba language among themselves in Laspotech? Cos I cant see the reason why a graduate of a polytechnic where english is the means of instruction will get a 45 in toefl.
I know I am harsh but its the truth. Develop your english language skill if you want to compete favorably in the real world.
Re: Tofel Score: 45 by kadman(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2010
2good:

A 45 score in toefl means you are probably so dull and wasting your time trying to go to the US to school.
Toefl is one of the easiest exams on earth for god sake. How can one score 45 and still have the courage to come to a public forum to ask silly question?
Do lecturers and students speak yoruba language among themselves in Laspotech? Cos I cant see the reason why a graduate of a polytechnic where english is the means of instruction will get a 45 in toefl.
I know I am harsh but its the truth. Develop your english language skill if you want to compete favorably in the real world.

Or maybe German, heard that is selling these days cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Have The Recent Gale-force Winds Affected You? / Budget Place To Travel To With My Family / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.