Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,840 members, 7,844,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] (33190 Views)

#ElZakzaky: Shittes Join June 12 Protest In Abuja / Elzakzaky Threatens To Return To Nigeria, Says "They Want To Kill Us Here" / The Many Times Elzakzaky Has Been Detained By Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by egojiokwu(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Buhari and his zombie supporters will burn this country to the ground

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by noble2faith(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
Civastarzy:
Nawa o..Christians don’t have that kinda power...only to protest against rape allegations na dem sabi

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
The govt should release the man. The man has not been sentenced, why detain him that long? It is the same man you aproached cap-in-hand in 2015 to seek endorsement.
The FG should just make sure that they obtained some carefully-crafted undertaking from Elzakzaky and his handlers.

This is democracy, the president and elrufai should not make their brand of Islam a national policy. There are Shi'ites in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other Muslim countries.

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by tuniski: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
post=80093981:

Daddy, you are just too gentle for our liking.
Be tough on all and everyone causing mayhem in this country, anyone that won't let peace reign.

Pls borrow that brutality from OBJ abeg.

Odi village comes to mind!

OBJ sent soldiers to kill all men in a whole village (sparing just women and children) just for killing some uniformed men, and no one remember that as we type!
Wrong advice! If shiite go rogue you will run away from Lagos. It is like saying catholics or pentacostal should be crushed.
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by iwantolive: 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Dhayor001:
But if water guns and tear gas are used on these ones, some people will start crying blood and spewing tribal poo all over
Why is Buhari holding their leader hostage?

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by maxilly(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
aminulive:
@POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Information reaching the Politics Nigeria Newsdesk this afternoon reveals that members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN also known as Shiites stormed the National Assembly earlier today demanding to know the whereabouts of their leader, Shiekh Ibrahim Elzak-zaky.

The Protesters reportedly attacked security officials stationed at the National Assembly, seriously injuring one of the police officers. Politics Nigeria has an exclusive video from the scene;

Watch the video Here:

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-elzakzaky-protesters-attack-national-assembly-injure-police-officer-photos/

If this group no become another terrorist group in the future, make I know wetin cause am.
Na the starting be this
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by lomprico(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hahahaha
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by izzou(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
post=80093981:

Daddy, you are just too gentle for our liking.
Be tough on all and everyone causing mayhem in this country, anyone that won't let peace reign.

Pls borrow that brutality from OBJ abeg.

Odi village comes to mind!

OBJ sent soldiers to kill all men in a whole village (sparing just women and children) just for killing some uniformed men, and no one remember that as we type!

As much as we both have different views, which I respect, you are actually very insensitive

The court has ordered for Zakzaky to be released and you're still asking Buhari to be brutal on them

I used to think IPOB were going to be a thorn in this government's flesh, but the Shiites have proven me wrong

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by BuhariAdvocate: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
The reason why their leader still kept from society is Because of their mission and vision..they should continue cause problem security agent will take care of them.
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Zuorom: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Na police man dem carry like bag of beans like that These zakzaky protesters are mean

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by mixta140: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
cheesy
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by izzou(m): 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
The reason why their leader still kept from society is Because of their mission and vision..they should continue cause problem security agent will take care of them.

The court has ordered for the leader to be released.

My earnest prayer is for the leader to die in prison. This country won't enter all of us. That's a fact

2 Likes

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Mufasa27(m): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Shibaraba:
I deleted what I wrote just to tell you something and I hope the whole world will read this.

E no go better for you. Epe Lo MA PA e ati awon ebi e. I lost precious people in that massacre you slowpoke. I dey always leave you but now my radar is on you.
Amin Ase !!!

2 Likes

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by IamAtikulate: 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Dhayor001:
But if water guns and tear gas are used on these ones, some people will start crying blood and spewing tribal poo all over
Nobody will cry blood so long as the use of force is proportionate.

Using .50 mm military grade bullet like the presidential guard once did is condemnable
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Deepthoughts: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Omotaday:
Those guys are stubborn, just like any Shia group or Iran. Buhari should do something, if they turn terrorist, they may be more worse than Boko haram.
majority of the Islamic terrorist organizations in the world are of the sunny sect,isis, Boko Haram,Abu zayyaf, Hamas, Islamic brotherhood,Al quaeda,etc,the issue of El zakzaky in Nigeria is simply an extension of the global struggle between the dominant sunni trying to crush the minority shi'ite period, Buhari n his majority sunnis are happy to present the shi'ite as the problem to the gullible n uninformed,if El zakzaky n his group committed any offence(s) why can't they simply be put on public trials or is indefinite detention now legal? oh I remember buhari is the law everything he does is right! to his supporters,but we should be careful in just condemning the shi'ite without digging deep n questioning buhari n his Apc government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by BuhariAdvocate: 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nigeria is bigger than a group of people or individuals.
izzou:

The court has ordered for the leader to be released.

My earnest prayer is for the leader to die in prison. This country won't enter all of us. That's a fact
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by izzou(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Nigeria is bigger than a group of people or individuals.

All they are protesting is for their leader to be released. A court of competent jurisdiction has ordered for him to be released

Or is Buhari bigger than the law?

2 Likes

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by jogsman01(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
Shibaraba:
I deleted what I wrote just to tell you something and I hope the whole world will read this.

E no go better for you. Epe Lo MA PA e ati awon ebi e. I lost precious people in that massacre you slowpoke. I dey always leave you but now my radar is on you.
Yeepa..... That one too much ooo

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by atheistandproud(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
Deepthoughts:
majority of the Islamic terrorist organizations in the world are of the sunny sect,isis, Boko Haram,Abu zayyaf, Hamas, Islamic brotherhood,Al quaeda,etc,the issue of El zakzaky in Nigeria is simply an extension of the global struggle between the dominant sunni trying to crush the minority shi'ite period, Buhari n his majority sunnis are happy to present the shi'ite as the problem to the gullible n uninformed,if El zakzaky n his group committed any offence(s) why can't they simply be put on public trials or is indefinite detention now legal? oh I remember buhari is the law everything he does is right! to his supporters,but we should be careful in just condemning the shi'ite without digging deep n questioning buhari n his Apc government.

This is someone who not only reads, but has common sense.

Give this guy two star abeg.
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Abeymills(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Buhari is evil this is happening live here in central area

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by BuhariAdvocate: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
They should release their leader so they can start their own government.
izzou:

All they are protesting is for their leader to be released. A court of competent jurisdiction has ordered for him to be released

Or is Buhari bigger than the law?

1 Like

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Wolexdey(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
They deserve to know the whereabout of their leader. This is Democracy and not Militocracy.
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Inteltower: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
Who is El-Zakzaky? 65-year-old El-Zakzaky, a native of Zaria, Kaduna was so impressed with the 1979 Iranian Revolution so much that he travelled to Iran to become a Shia cleric and import the second largest branch of Islam into Nigeria, racking up an impressive amount of followers in the 1990s in a country that's dominated by Sunni Muslims. The spiritual leader of the IMN is believed to be committed to the goal of applying a more rigorous application of the Islamic legal and administrative systems to Nigeria and ultimately turn it fully into an Islamic state. His political ideal has remained turning Nigeria into an Islamic Republic based on the Iranian model. This is why he was one of the main opposition against the application of Sharia Law in certain states in the north, as he believes its total application is impossible if the system of government is not fully Islamic, devoid of any other religion. El-Zakzaky never attended a formal primary school with his early education taking place at the Provincial Arabic School, Zaria (1969-1970), the School for Arabic Studies, Kano (1971-1976) before he obtained a first class degree in Economics at the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria (1976-1979), a degree that was denied him due to his Islamic activities. With his unpopular agenda for the Nigerian state, El-Zakzaky has always been an adversary of the government, both military and democratic. He has spent around 11 to 12 years in total behind bars due to his uncompromising agenda with the most common offence being sedition or inciting disaffection. He was jailed two different times by the regime of the late military Head of State, Sani Abacha. He famously declared "there is no government except that of Islam" during Abacha's regime. El-Zakzaky's advocacy for an Islamic Republic has invited personal tragedy into his life, most of it wrought by the Nigerian Army. During a pro-Palestinian procession by the IMN in Zaria on July 25, 2014, soldiers fatally shot 35 of El-Zakzaky's followers to death. Three of them, Mahmud , Ahmad , and Hamid , were his sons. The killings drew outrage with many acknowledging that the procession had been peaceful until the massacre happened. Even the administration of then-president, Goodluck Jonathan , distanced itself from it. The Nigerian Army officially claimed soldiers acted in self-defence and nothing came of an investigation of what is popularly dubbed the Zaria Quds Day massacres. A year later, more personal tragedy was visited upon El-Zakzaky's household, an episode that continues to drag until now, three years later. There are two versions of the events of what set off the 2015 Zaria massacre of IMN members . Regardless of whose story you believe, the one true fact of the matter is that IMN members and the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant- General Tukur Buratai, were on Sokoto Road in Sabon Gari district, Zaria, at the same time on December 12, 2015. This is where the narration of events differ. While the IMN claimed that unarmed worshippers were attacked by the Army while conducting its procession, the Army accused the sect of blocking the path of the motorcade transporting the Army Chief of Staff and stoning it, an act declared by the Army to be an assassination attempt. In the violence that escalated after then, over 300 Shia Muslims were killed by the Nigerian Army. Troops attacked the group's shrines, firebombed its religious center, the Husseiniyya, destroyed another religious center on the outskirts of the city, and firebombed and demolished El-Zakzaky's home. Again, three of those killed were El-Zakzaky's sons. During the invasion of his home, El-Zakzaky was arrested and imprisoned with his wife, Zeenah , and indefinitely kept out of the public eye for years without any official court charges. Despite a December 2016 court order by Justice Gabriel Kolawole of an Abuja Division of the Federal High Court demanding his release, El- Zakzaky remained in custody and kept away from prying eyes, leading to concerns that he might have been killed. Intense pressure and disturbing reports that he had been extra-judicially murdered in custody forced the Department of State Security (DSS) to parade an ill El-Zakzaky in public in January 2018, his first public appearance since he was arrested. Five months later in May, he was finally arraigned before a Kaduna High Court and charged with unlawful gathering, criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide. The culpable homicide is in relation to the death of Corporal Yakubu Dankaduna , a soldier who was allegedly killed by IMN members when he alighted from Buratai's convoy to disperse the group's procession in December 2015. The allegation of homicide is punishable by death, under section 190 of the Kaduna state penal code law, 2017. Over the course of the past three years, the Nigerian government's treatment of El-Zakzaky and his Shia followers has invited the added accusation of deliberate persecution especially since the events of the period have happened under the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, a Sunni Muslim. El-Zakzaky's commitment towards turning Nigeria into an Islamic Republic will definitely not win him many sympathisers, but there are fears that his continued persecution could eventually lead the IMN down the path of terrorist insurgency, much like Sunni sect, Boko Haram, became after its spiritual leader, Mohammed Yusuf , was extra- judicially murdered by police officers in 2009. The group's unending clashes with security operatives have left a sour taste in the mouth and heightened tensions across the country and many have cautioned the government to tread lightly so as not to create another security concern the country will have to battle for years. El-Zakzaky will continue to remain a significant symbol in the Shia movement that has taken roots in several states in the country due mostly to his efforts. With his propagation of the movement, the sect is believed to own more than three hundred primary/ secondary schools, known as Fudiyyah Schools, located in different places mainly in the northern part of the country, as well as countless Islamic centers and other institutions. El-Zakzaky has made countless sacrifices in his agitation for the Shia sect in Nigeria and handling him and the Shia movement in isolation from the letters of the law will make it hard to convince anyone that it's anything other than a targeted persecution. SAMSON TOROMADE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by ifyalways(f): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
Why is he still being held after the courts granted him freedom ?

2 Likes

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by udemzyudex(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
They should release their leader so they can start their own government.

Pls just shut up, it's not a must to comment.
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Angelfrost(m): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
Buhari and his zombie supporters will burn this country to the ground

Will? They lit the match since 2015...
Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Kingosytex(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
izzou:

As much as we both have different views, which I respect, you are actually very insensitive

The court has ordered for Zakzaky to be released and you're still asking Buhari to be brutal on them

I used to think IPOB were going to be a thorn in this government's flesh, but the Shiites have proven me wrong

Please bro, kindly ignore the suya guy you just mentioned, he is a confirmed and certified zombie. His stupidity stinks to high heavens.

4 Likes

Re: Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] by Dolorsa: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
codeplace:
Check my signature to learn how to leave Nigeria
You dey forbid to leave Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female suicide bomber arrested in Cameroon again (Photos) / Buhari Gives Amaechi, Dambazzau Key Roles At US Meetings / Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.