Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity (8605 Views)

Workers Who Paused Work To Watch Peter Obi Speak In Chatham (Pictures) / Nigerians Speak On Peter Obi’s Exit From PDP / Begging for unity with cannibals is absurd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by pipiko: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
To say that I was surprised to see a certain group of Nigerians on twitter posting various content with the hashtag “#NaijaMeansUnity,” would be a grave understatement, as I was thoroughly amazed and flushed with excitement immediately I came in contact with several tweets on the hashtag.

The first question that came to mind was, “Who is behind this campaign?”

And so, I had to satisfy my curiosity to read carefully several tweets and comments on NaijaMeansUnity with beams of enthusiasm and smiles boldly stretched across their faces.

Having read several posts on twitter, It is clear that Nigerians are passionate about coming together and I also found myself humming these words softly, “Naijameansunity” repeatedly.

This brilliant initiative could not have come at a better time where Nigeria battles to rid itself of hate, segregation amongst other unhealthy hostilities.
Despite the circumstances that bedevil the country at this time, we need to embrace unity more than ever. It is the most important thing that our nation asks for; it is what we owe the Motherland at this time.

We do not owe her hate, discomfiture, and division, but unity, accord, and harmony.

I encourage that we raise our solid voices and enforce our tenacious stance to change the perception people have idealized about our dear country, Nigeria.

Our country is our pride, it is our identity, she is us and we are her, Nigerians must, however, come together to stand and speak in one voice that #NaijaMeansUnity. I support #NaijaMeansUnity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by sarahade(f): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by simonlee(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Unity in Nigeria is not possible!

with over 300 tribes in a single country, and all these hate and selfish attitude portrayed by many... the marriage wouldn't work.

Ethiopia has the largest tribal diversity in Africa (more than Nigeria) but they are moving forward. why? Ethiopia existed even before Jesus came. they have no colonial masters or independence day.

what lord luggard did was an abomination! it will never work...not now, not ever!

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by JubrinElSudan: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Political correctness . They should shove the hashstag where the sun doesn't shine

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Cutefergieee: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2019
ok
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Tamasaba: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2019
Equity is what will unite us. Treat everybody equally regardless of tribe, religion and political affiliation

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by NkayStory(f): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2019
Rubbish.

Which unity?...mschewww!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Meliian(f): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2019
Absolute trash.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by after4: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2019
Unity my foot. Tell that to agatu, taraba, and all the widows of terror victims

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by oswald1994: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2019
naija means unity

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Esales(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2019
Stupid propaganda, stupid yoots undecided undecided

The right hashtag to trend is #StopNLTP, #AbandonRuga

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Germandude: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
Tell the president to reshuffle his cabinet

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by bobowaja(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
They are trying too hard to correct their mistakes. Mr president has already goofed on Ruga saga. And people of Nigeria have seen fulanis in bad light already, it will take some years to change that perception.

My take is Mr president should not only suspend Ruga but cancel it and any other lifestock program. Else other good initiatives by the govt will be roundly rejected by the citizens (people no longer trust the govt and the opposition will use it to their advantage to win sympathy).

We should all embrace peace and stop heating up the polity (both the govt and citizens)

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by NLSavage: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
Dey don find them small raba. Na money dey talk las las. Unity my foot.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by doclatom(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
It's not easy mixing palm oil with water and with sand. It's quite difficult achieving "unity" with those contents. Tell me how to go about doing that so that we can heal this country and make it truly ONE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by KingRhodes1(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
This is only on Twitter na...make nairaland sef join...#naijameansunity
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Demiladedemzy(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
that the goal menhh....
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by tsinzu: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
Na by mouth? Let small thing happened now and see everyone rushing to defend their tribal or religious banner

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by evansjeff(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2019
#Naijameansunity

Nigerian youths especially many on this Nairaland are major problems to this country. There are too many negative and bitter people here, see some already talking about agatu and taraba, if there was unity in the first place, do you think these killings would be happening? That's exactly why we need unity at this point. We need to stop hating on ourselves no matter the tribe, place or religion. Let's learn to love ourselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Youngzedd(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2019
Just say few Nigerians. Because majority of Nigerians on this platform aren't part of this campaign.

We are just lying to ourselves.

Singing Hypocrites by Falz

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by jieta: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2019
it's not a mere coincidence for #naijameansunity# to trend today. noting unite us than football so am calling all super eagles supporters young, old to come out and cheer our darling super eagles to victory over the bafana bafana of south africa.
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Jaqenhghar: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2019
Only a fool will believe this country is united

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by badmrkt(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2019
unity on social media, disunity in off social media....
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Cletus77(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2019
If
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Cletus77(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2019
If you're having mixed feelings..gather here cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Unigweson25(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2019
They should act it.... Make una no talk that come my side, maka acid
Re: Nigerians Speak In Unity With #NaijaMeansUnity by Kenturkey048(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2019
#NaijaMeansUnity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unprofessional Photoshopped Images Of Buhari In Japan / Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge October 2021: Pictures / Matthew Abo: Abductors Of Benue Commissioner Demand N60 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.