Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee (1610 Views)

Buhari Cancels Scheduled Appearance Before House Of Reps / Victims Of Senator Elisha Abbo’s Assault Fail To Appear Before Senate Panel / Video Of Senator Elisha Abbo Assaulting A Woman Inside store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by IamHeWrites: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
Senator Elisha Abbo has clashed with Senator Oluremi Tinubu on his appearance on Tuesday before a Senate ad-hoc committee, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Senate President Ahmad Lawan had on July 3 set up a committee to investigate an incident of assault involving Mr Abbo and a woman at an adult toy shop in Abuja.

The committee was to be headed by a former governor of Ebonyi State, Sam Egwu.

Other members of the panel include Mrs Tinubu, Mathew Urhoghide, Stella Oduah, Dauda Aliu Jika, Sani Musa, and Danladi Sankara.

On Tuesday, Abbo refused to swear an oath before the panel. He also refused to speak in the presence of journalists because the matter was in court.

“Distinguished, you just joined us. We have a procedure and we are also under law. You don’t come in here and dictate to us what should be done,” Tinubu told Abbo, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member.

“You are on the other side now. You don’t tell us what to do…because we can suspend you,” she added.

Visibly upset, Abbo said: “I will not sit here and listen to you threaten me with suspension. I am a senator like you. You cannot threaten me with suspension.”

Journalists were later asked to leave for the meeting to continue off camera.

Abbo was arraigned on Monday at Zuba Magistrate Court, Abuja on one count of assault which he denied.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/826732/senator-elisha-abbo-clashes-with-tinubu-on-appearance-before-senate-committee/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
When your yam done e Don done be that

Senator oboo
Pele
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Only God knows how much I hate this Abbo of an idiot but Mrs Tinubu is also an idiot to tell him that he is at the other side now. Meaning he is not in APC.

He would have been treated as a saint if he is in APC. What a country.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by IamHeWrites: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by JubrinElSudan: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Exactly, you can't suspend him(Omo-Agege issue) . The probe has no head, just to show they are working. They should allow police do their work. The only way they can help is to make sure the case moves fast, make sure police doesn't drag feet and the guy is sentenced.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by Ikinternational: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Only God knows how much I hate this Abbo of an idiot but Mrs Tinubu is also an idiot to tell him that he is at the other side now. Meaning he is not in APC.

That's not what she meant. Come on now
She meant he's the one being inquired upon. So he cannot dictate the rules

6 Likes

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by jojomario(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
SpecialAdviser:

That is not the literally meaning of what she said. Don't always see everything partisan.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by Pusyiter(m): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
SpecialAdviser:

Be objective, don't conclude hastily because you are not in her mind

4 Likes

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by czarina(f): 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
Pusyiter:

Be objective, don't conclude hastily because you are not in her mind
You don't even need to read her mind to know she never meant that.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by Pusyiter(m): 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
Pls, don't derail the thread with Ms. Tinubu and our interpretation
We are talking of molestation, manhandling and assault of a nursing mother here.
Imagine she is your sister....

1 Like

Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by muykem: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
He denied ever assault the woman that it's just a case of public romance.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by mrvitalis(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
For the record no one can suspend a senator no matter what

Case close
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by FarahAideed: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
A case that's already in court so what is the Senate seating about again ? Shouldn't they wait for the verdict of the court before seating .. Senator Abbo really got into the house on a wrong note and at a time where members are being penciled for juicy committee and trust the APC to send him to the poorest committee
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by czarina(f): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
muykem:
He denied ever assault the woman that it's just a case of public romance.
BDSM ne? cheesy cheesy
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by babyfaceafrica: 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
super story
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by MistadeRegal(m): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
cheesy
Leave PDP, join APC and watch the drama vanish into thin air like smoke from a match stick.
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Ikinternational:

That's not what she meant. Come on now
She meant he's the one being inquired upon. So he cannot dictate the rules

OK. Now i understand
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo Clashes With Tinubu On Appearance Before Senate Committee by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
jojomario:
That is not the literally meaning of what she said. Don't always see everything partisan.

OK. I understand better. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Replies Kogi Governor As Family Land Gets Revoked / Why Is Atiku Not Condemning Fulani Herdsmen / Nnamdi Kanu Leave Anambra State Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.