Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) (37096 Views)

Liberian Man Stabs His Pastor's 3-year-old Daughter To Death Over Debt / Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos / Uber Driver Nearly Jumps Into Lagoon In Lagos Over N90K Debt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Deathisfree: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
haleymoon:
So unfortunate he took the cowards way out without a sustained fight, its a pity as this is symptomatic of the problems in Nigeria leading to all this suicide and homicide

He’s not a coward. He takes a brave mind to commit suicide ,it’s not easy
If you have nothing reasonable to say. Please kindly text RIP and stop disgracing yourself on forum

People are going through a lot in this country where cows lives are more valuable then human

1 Like

Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by DrKKK1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
May God almighty forgives his shortcomings. This is economy induced suicide, there are too many competing demand for the scarcely available resources. When you have chains of demanding relations all waiting for you for survival couple with an u understanding wife with in-laws. What do expect from a world where there is no good person to talk to, your little secret will only be used to mork you. All these could be depressing. Please everyone should just pray for him, because it is not easy nursing an injury let alone taking ones life.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
First off, he has created more problem for the wife a d children, the landlord of the house will definitely throw them out of that house, he should have looked for a near by bush a d hang himself on a tree jeje.....
*don't get me wrong , I ain't making fun of him, that's what the landlord will do*
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by frozen70(f): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Has the debt been paid now ❓

You just created problems that is more than the debt for you wife

The person whom you are owning if free, your family is stranded, now tell me who is at lost ❓

I know you are not reading this but let those who are preparing their own sucide read it and think twice
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by victorian(f): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
If you are struggling to survive in biz With this hellish economy , please I beg you in the name. Of God don't take loans from banks or from any banker

It's suicidal ..i repeat it's suicidal.

Most times, Their pressure in collecting their Monies back with high interest can make someone die of heart attack or stroke or even make one commit suicide.

If you want to live long in life. Don't go for loans ooooooooooooooo

Whatever you are going through will pass. No condition is permanent. Hold onto God and restrategise your financial plans. Be patient, be positive. Talk to friends or families u know that can help. Even if they give u small capital? Start something with it, like frying of yams and Akara at Bustops or selling of fruits. Shelve pride, nobody gives a fucvkk! As long as u are not begging for food.

At the end u will be able to save the kind of money u need for the original business plan u have in mind. Don't ever accept loans with high or low interest, no matter what!

1 Like

Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
somehow:

Bloody shutup silly judge.

How many people have you gone to help that you see around you in distress?
ask him, and he's busy talking shyt behind the screen..
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

Since you know the answer to to problems why don't you share so people can learn

The answer is a Jewish-mythological-man who was killed by three nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by fmwise2k(m): 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
The pressures and frustrations caused by this country is enough to drive somebody to the point of committing suicide. It takes grace, gut and positive outlook to keep on going in this country.

1 Like

Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
pickatyou:
All of you criticizing him, if he asked for assistance, what he would hear is lazy man, useless man, your mates are hustling. Some will even say go and kill your self which is what he just did.
it's all these small boys on niaraland that haven't been through life.. Don't worry when their parents will stop giving them allowances their eyes will open
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by olagbola45(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Debramaye:
it's all these small boys on niaraland that haven't been through life.. Don't worry when their parents will stop giving them allowances their eyes will open

been awhile babe
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Tamax: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
It's Devil new tools. What a pity cry

chiommy123:
There must be a spirit behind this suicide. It can't be ordinary at all
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by livebyday(m): 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

Since you know the answer to to problems why don't you share so people can learn

You get up each day and try

You try hard , no one understands how it feels, motivational.books and comments don't help infact they make you feel.worthless for not being able to be motivated by them

But you have to find that thing that evens the pain out the reduces it from a feeling of being stabbed from just a broken bone

There is not easy fix for derpession , what I found out is helping others by talking to them helped me.deal.with mine
I tried suicide twice when I was younger in my years I think I was 17

That's when depression set in and it never left .. as an adult I found ways of coping ... For me smoking helps it distracts me when ever something happens that jolts me

Like mine years ago I lost my soul mate , few months nths to our wedding

It came rushing back , I would.sit days I'm doors talking to myself grin

It was hard very hard at one point I couldn't go on

I even picked one of the bedrooms in my apartment then one of the guest rooms I had decided I was tired

I had quit my job i was frustrated two days before I decided to end it someone comes visiting and tells the the most tragic tale... He had lost a child and needed somewhere to stay his marriage was shaky

He never knew I was planning to end my life but that visit that day and the coming days we spent made me shift my perspective

I realized that no matter how broken we feel deep down it we heal eventually.

Depression is a life long battle , it has nothing to do with financial status or material possessions that was never my issue

It's like a fever that sometimes can be triggered

What you need to understand is that people prone to depression have it like a birth mark. And it can be triggered

Mine was growing up in an abusive home , dysfunctional as imaginable , so that probably screed something deep.inside me that caused me to have life long PTSD in which makes me prone to depression

But I am handing it and I am aware of it and not ashamed to talk about it because it just might help someone

So if there's anyone reading this don't feel ashamed or messed up or insane there's nothing wrong with you .. you are just prone to depression which is a manageable condition

Just own it , understand it , no pastor or imam can fix it or pray it away .. you just have to deal with it

Depressed people internalize things , they feel things deeper than the average person

Learn to focus that energy one something else

Sometimes changing house , neighborhood, or even start can help.

Learn to do things differently to cope with your depression

Spend time.amd connect with people who make you happy .. if talking about politics takes your mind.off the pain then.please do it , if walking for hours helps.tjen please do it. Mine is smoking cigarettes , and it's helped me.for years

Just find that thing which helps.you cope , apart from smoking my dogs help.too , and sometimes video games

Just find what helps you stay afloat , and know it is a life long struggle but you have to own it , don't let it own you or then you will.loose the fight like this gentle man.here

Apologies for the long post

Cheers
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by unapologetic147: 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
chiommy123:
I tell u my sis o na spiritual konji
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by emptor(m): 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
If we check the debt now, it might not even be up to 100k while others are wallowing in wealth and affluence. This country is unfair seriously.

1 Like

Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Nopanties: 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
post=80104676:

He gave in to the devil easily.
What an end!
What a shame!!

Anyone that commit suicide go straight to hell fire....so says the Holy Book.

So Sad , especially for the 3 kids he left behind!
Please where exactly in the Bible does it say all suicides go to hell
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Nopanties: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
livebyday:

You try hard , no one understands how it feels, motivational.books and comments don't help infact they make you feel.worthless for not being able to be motivated by them

But you have to find that thing that evens the pain out the reduces it from a feeling of being stabbed from just a broken bone

There is not easy fix for derpession , what I found out is helping others by talking to them helped me.deal.with mine

That's when depression set in and it never left .. as an adult I found ways of coping ... For me smoking helps it distracts me when ever something happens that jolts me

I even picked one of the bedrooms in my apartment then one of the guest rooms I had decided I was tired

I had quit my job i was frustrated two days before I decided to end it someone comes visiting and tells the the most tragic tale... He had lost a child and needed somewhere to stay his marriage was shaky

He never knew I was planning to end my life but that visit that day and the coming days we spent made me shift my perspective

Depression is a life long battle , it has nothing to do with financial status or material possessions that was never my issue

What you need to understand is that people prone to depression have it like a birth mark. And it can be triggered

Mine was growing up in an abusive home , dysfunctional as imaginable , so that probably screed something deep.inside me that caused me to have life long PTSD in which makes me prone to depression

But I am handing it and I am aware of it and not ashamed to talk about it because it just might help someone

So if there's anyone reading this don't feel ashamed or messed up or insane there's nothing wrong with you .. you are just prone to depression which is a manageable condition

Just own it , understand it , no pastor or imam can fix it or pray it away .. you just have to deal with it

Depressed people internalize things , they feel things deeper than the average person

Spend time.amd connect with people who make you happy .. if talking about politics takes your mind.off the pain then.please do it , if walking for hours helps.tjen please do it. Mine is smoking cigarettes , and it's helped me.for years

Just find that thing which helps.you cope , apart from smoking my dogs help.too , and sometimes video games

Just find what helps you stay afloat , and know it is a life long struggle but you have to own it , don't let it own you or then you will.loose the fight like this gentle man.here

Cheers
Rubbish
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by emptor(m): 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
tiredoflife:

Do u have the answer

Bros/sisi, I think you should be put on check. With this moniker of yours, 'tiredoflife', let us not hear another suicide please.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by IamSoProlific: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
alizma:
Those who have ears should listen.
1)Don't go for marriage if you cant feed yourself.
2)Dont marry a girl who has no source of income enough to feed herself.
3) dont waste money that you dont have or that you are not comfortable to spend on wedding.
4) marry girl who understand that Nigeria and the entire world is not financially in suplus, a girl who understand that is better to be financially secure than to impress people by throwing party.
5) if you can only afford to train only two children, pls keep to that. Dont compete with anybody and dont allow anyone to pressirize you into going beyond that.
6) if your friends insist on taking one bottle of beer after work so as to be active in bed, pls buy 50 naira bitter cola it will do the same work or even far better without side effect.
7) above all, involve God in all

Things are not easy in this country neither is it easy elsewhere.

How true is that number 6?
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Segeshow: 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
livebyday:

Cheers

Excellent write up. You indeed know what depression is and when your life doesn't look like it is worth living. My friend and mentor took her own life despite being too of her game. A paediatric surgeon. It haunts me till today. She was far from poor, had kids ,still wasn't enough.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by FarahAideed: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
livebyday:

Cheers

Thank you ..this touched me in a positive way ..God bless you .

1 Like

Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Godshand21(m): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
chiommy123:

Of course, suicide is spiritual and demonic; that's why we should always be in good terms with God in all that we do so that we would be able to overcome those spirits.

In him alone we find all.
���
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by toks208: 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
post=80104676:

What an end!
What a shame!!

Where in the HOLY book did you read that?

Many don't understand that before anyone commits suicide....most times dey go into depression which is a mental illness..in order words....they first run mad.

So let's stop judging people who take their own lives and leave GOD to do the judgement.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by naijajobx: 12:02am On Jul 10, 2019
Sad
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 12:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Very bad idea.
The last time I committed suicide I almost died of hunger
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Erediauwa:
A foolish man indeed. You're going to meet more debt in hell.

When there's Life, there's Hope.

Very insensitive of you.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by grandstar(m): 1:56am On Jul 10, 2019
post=80104676:

What an end!
What a shame!!

Where does the Bible say so?
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Darevofpeace(m): 2:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Debramaye:
you clearly have never been in a situation that'll make you think life and death
In my 5th year of seeking for admission. Because I was battling with depression for those 6yrs.
I had lost weight so much because my soul was not connecting to the body.I eats heavily and sleep as if I should be dead in my dream.
Night was always a nightmare and the dark shadow hovering over my head seems not to go away.
I began to have nightmares for 3Months and been spiritually controlled from dream to commit suicide.
From one of my dreams in a night,I woke up with a loud invisible voice saying to me "Go and kill yourself with the kitchen knife, since your secondary school mates are at NYSC,your destiny is finished already.
As I got to the kitchen with sleepy eye,while I held the kitchen knife, Jesus came to my rescue,I saw Jesus in a bright illumination in an open vision. I had goose pimples all over me.
Jesus said to me " why do you want to take a life that was never yours,you are a big fool,you would loose the admission and still go straight to hell"
I dropped the knife and went back to sleep,the most pathetic of the story was that all my sibling's and parents were soundly asleep.
This is 2019,I became a University graduate in 2013 and I am working with the F.G.
Emotional health is not be reckoned with in Nigeria. Suicide attempt has multidimensional angles,ranging from friends abandoning you,parents not connected to there kids and demonic inclination.
I would never support suicide,but it's a long process for a Man to decide to end his life.Death was never an easy task.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 3:25am On Jul 10, 2019
emptor:

Bros/sisi, I think you should be put on check. With this moniker of yours, 'tiredoflife', let us not hear another suicide please.

Come check me na ode
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by haleymoon: 3:43am On Jul 10, 2019
Deathisfree:

He’s not a coward. He takes a brave mind to commit suicide ,it’s not easy
If you have nothing reasonable to say. Please kindly text RIP and stop disgracing yourself on forum

People are going through a lot in this country where cows lives are more valuable then human
does that mean I am not also facing a lot, should I also take the cowards way out. It highly takes a determined resolve to see things through and also stop encouraging it with ur comment, it motivates others if u don't know. Peace
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by Slimfeez(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2019
kunleweb:
Lapo
why lapo man? is lapo only micro finance bank that give out credit facilities? lots of microfinance banks out there, not to talk of co operative societies too. Just be mindful of your word before you make any comment.
Re: Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:23am On Jul 10, 2019
post=80104676:

What an end!
What a shame!!

Painful, I think they need to introduce Emotional Stability in secondary schools as a subject or anything related. Maybe Guidance and Conseling as secondary school subject,so peeps can have a build mind or view, many are emotionally weak, they give in easily

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing Lady In Makurdi Found, Was Kidnapped And Beaten / NDLEA Officer Kills Unarmed Boy During Stop & Search In Benin (Graphic) / EndSARS: 3 Protesters Feared Dead In Ogbomoso After Attack On Soun’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.