Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time - Sports (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time (208364 Views)

Guinea Bissau Vs. Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier Return Leg (0 - 1) - Full Time / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Sierra Leone Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 17th November 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by drmikeadams(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
dammy98:

1 cold origin for you brah.
U just talk my mind........
grin grin na foundational problème dey worry them grin grin
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Dkhnuel01(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
The sleeping Eagle

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by naturalwaves: 11:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
Perfectnumber6:

When you make mistakes with a team like Algeria with Mahrez who just needs one chance to punish you, then the game over, in soccer there is what we CA shoulder to shoulder unbalancing look at Ndidi,s leg was almost at the thigh of the fouled player and he came from behind, what he would have done was try to unbalance the opposing player, then the referee could have ignored the foul or not, as for the Goalkeeper no wonder he's even 3rd choicd in Keizer Chiefs
Lol.
2 goal keepers cannot catch that ball. It was as fast as lightening and it was bent as well. There was also nothing wrong with the wall. The wall blocked Mheriez 's favorite side of placing such free kick. However, I do not know whether the referee asked other players to leave as only Etebo was on that side and did t even make an attempt. There was nothing a goalkeeper would have done to save that perfect curler. 90%+ of keepers cannot save that.

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by lagos2019: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
better luck next time naija.

meanwhile for your event tents contact Aufmevic on 08163936003

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by fadahero: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
So we scored two goals and they scored one yet, we lost... Football

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by naturalwaves: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Dkhnuel01:
The sleeping Eagle
His plan was to block the underneath of the wall incase mahreiz decides to play a low shot and that's quite wise. You can see that he hid his hands well and the ball would have touched his back had mahreiz decided to do that.

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
naturalwaves:

Lol.
2 goal keepers cannot catch that ball. It was as fast as lightening and it was bent as well. There was also nothing wrong with the wall. The wall blocked Mheriez 's favorite side of placing such free kick. However, I do not know whether the referee asked other players to leave as only Etebo was on that side and did t even make an attempt. There was nothing a goalkeeper would have done to save that perfect curler. 90%+ of keepers cannot save that.

Bro Akpeyi made the wall don't know if I can explain this to you so you will understand, he knew that is Gus only corner Mahrez is gonna curl to why didn't he secure that corner like 80 percent and let the wall secure the impossible corner where Mahrez can't curl to ? Truth be told there are goalkeepers that can save that freekick well let me not mention names

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by dammy98(m): 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
Who are they waiting for grin
Akpeyi. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Taciturn1: 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2019
Cyberfemtex:

Can u see what i am saying..... Algeria got 1 already
lol. They deserved the win in the end
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
Perfectnumber6:

Bro Akpeyi made the wall don't know if I can explain this to you so you will understand, he knew that is Gus only corner Mahrez is gonna curl to why didn't he secure that corner like 80 percent and let the wall secure the impossible corner where Mahrez can't curl to ? Truth be told there are goalkeepers that can save that freekick well let me not mention names

This thought process in soccer remains alien to most Nigerians. Recent Nigerian teams play with no mental power but physical power.

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by olabolaji(m): 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
Sanchez01:
Where are those clueless boys who claim Feghouli and Mahrez are hyped? undecided
that feghouli heh, he singlehandedly destroy Nigeria midfield
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by alibiguy: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
fadahero:
So we scored two goals and they scored one yet, we lost... Football

That's dependent on where one of our two goals was scored. smiley
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by alibiguy: 11:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Dedetwo:

This thought process in soccer remains alien to most Nigerians. Recent Nigerians teams play with no mental power but physical power.

I agree. We've lost what made the Super Eagles super. Dynamism, technical ability, tactical and spatial awareness.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
olabolaji:
that feghouli heh, he[b] singlehandedly [/b] destroy Nigeria midfield

No, he was helped by Ighalo who could not hold on any ball passed to him. He was never a threat to Algerian defenders. The only threat came from the wings and Rohr helped them by removing Chukwueze. The moment there are no two Algerians assigned to keep any eye on Chukwueze, the Nigerians surrounded the midfield to them.

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by naturalwaves: 11:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
Perfectnumber6:

There are keepers than can save it definitely but they are less than 10%.
Look at this..... Same method.... Same side. This is a technique he has mastered and it paid dividends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mPGrYDic4

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Ilamina(f): 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
Senegal please win

Make black Africa proud kiss
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by fadahero: 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
naturalwaves:

Lol.
I'll have to disagree, truly most gk dnt stand a chance against such bt Bro Akpeyi was standing very close to the far post.... He WOULDAV DEFINITELY seen it coming. Recall's Messi's take against Liverpoo? The ball was even on Becker's right side proving more difficult since he'd have to setup the wall there... Bt this below is easily anticipated

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Ilamina(f): 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
I was really rooting for nigeria to win
So sad
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Tycyborg(m): 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
What are you saying? That keeper is the most useless keeper in the world even the past world cup he fumbled... He can't even arrange a good wall to show you how useless he is and south African keeper saves a freekick from etebo that is even more better than this shit low freekick mahrez scored from this bastard+d of a keeper... Even my grand mother who is on wheel chair will save that ball... Very useless keeper, bad defends and clueless coach

Whobedatte:

Truth of the matter is
No GK can save both goals conceeded today
not even the great Campos, or higuita
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Magjoel(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
naturalwaves:

Lol.
True talk bro

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by luminouz(m): 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
Oovi5:
Me? cry because of Nigeria? when I'm not mad!
What of now?
Them don lose o tongue
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by naturalwaves: 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
fadahero:

I'll have to disagree, truly most gk dnt stand a chance against such bt Bro Akpeyi was standing very close to the far post.... He WOULDAV DEFINITELY seen it coming. Recall's Messi's take against Liverpoo? The ball was even on Becker's right side proving more difficult since he'd have to setup the wall there... Bt this below is easily anticipated
The angle at which this Pic was taken made it look as if he was close to the pole but in the replay, you can see him stretch at full length. Not so easy defending against such a perfect curler.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by MissJoy29(f): 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
OlawaleBammie:
hey!!!
Hey you...good evening.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Tycyborg(m): 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
olabolaji:
that feghouli heh, he singlehandedly destroy Nigeria midfield

Seems you didn't watched the match... They didn't play a midfield game rather they played Arial ball inwhich they were aware that out defence is bad... They didn't play the midfield game and that was why iwobi could move freely... rather they played counter and it worked fine thanks to out cluess coach, bad defenders and a stupid lost keeper we have... That keeper is a disgrace... A keeper that couldn't arrange a nice walk and yet he was in the same position and the ball came to that same position and he couldn't even save it and do you know why? He built a wall and blocked himself with the same wall... What a shame... Very stupid keeper

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by MissJoy29(f): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Galaticos444:
disappoint u.super Chickens cant disappoint me again,i stopped supporting dem wen dey failed to qualify 4d 2006 world cup
Lol @super chickens.
Seriously eh, they broke hearts this evening.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Femeto: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
cosef:
Rohr out!

Ighalo out!

Akpeyi out!

Mikel out!

Shehu out!

The search for a central attacking midfielder with the flair of Jay Jay Okocha continues....
Amaju Out too. The man just dey chop our money.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by MissJoy29(f): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
ovokate:
Well..they tried. At least they got to that point.
True dear.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Mitjyland(m): 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rorh is a very useless coach.

The nest lineup he should have done is to put Mikel in that Midfield - Ndidi and Etebo can't hold ball.

Then drop Ighala and play Ahmed Musa as a top 9. Iwobi and Chukweze both wide.

UZoho or Ezenwa are far better goalkeepers too.

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by MissJoy29(f): 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Some teams didn't qualify for this competition. Some others went home from the group stage.

And others were knocked out earlier.

No one wins all the time.
You are right sir. But getting to this point should mean something, right? They were playing as if they are still in group stage. They didn't play well at all today abeg.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by MissJoy29(f): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
Lolz, seems u are romantic?
Much more than you can imagine but that is neither here nor there. And that's not even a yardstick to gauge level of "romanticness". Lol
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by fadahero: 12:03am On Jul 15, 2019
ovokate:
Well..they tried. At least they got to that point.
We've been to 14 of those and won it all... Nope, we didn't try
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:39am On Jul 15, 2019
MissJoy29:

You are right sir. But getting to this point should mean something, right? They were playing as if they are still in group stage. They didn't play well at all today abeg.

Individually, our players played their hearts out.

But as a team, we didn't function optimally because the Algerians used high pressing, so we couldn't move the ball around with ease.

We should have done exactly the same to them.

They just had better tactics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / VIDEO: Jamal Murray Posts Quarantine S3x Tape With Girlfriend On IG, / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.