Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,234 members, 7,836,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time - Sports (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time (208574 Views)

Guinea Bissau Vs. Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier Return Leg (0 - 1) - Full Time / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Sierra Leone Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 17th November 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by tonididdy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
This trophy is sengals for the taking
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Hhenryy: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
lilfreezy:

Since na jersey dey affect us, make we wear the white play match with Brazil and wear the green play with Afghanistan national team make we see wetin go happen undecided

Out of every country in the world, it's only that Nigeria kit color affects on the field of play abi? Na only us carry that voodoo bad luck

Do you still want to argue? I believe you watched the match tonight and saw what happened.

Well i know you will blame it on performance as usual. yeah I agree our performance tonight was lackadaisical, the Algerians played better than us. But there was a bit of ill luck on our side with that nasty deflection... (green jersey jinx)

Now look back at the tournament and you will see its the same old story.... We lost the two times we put on the Green Jersey. First against Madagascar & now against Algeria. & we won all the games in which we wore white....... Sad.

Cc: Safarigirl
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by otokx(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
NiggasInParis:
Nigerians, Egypt and All will now Support Senegal for the win! angry grin Useless Nigerian Coach

I support Algeria, see only 1 attacker causing 4 supper eagles defense to shiver and fall down in awe.

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Gforce2019: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

Then we start from square zero? Just shut up dude. We are obviously making progress. Hiring another coach again is not the solution. We need to invest in sports. There's nothing more that the coach could do

Rohr hasn't better the Nigeria football therefore should be sack.

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by OmoOshodi(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
OmoOshodi:
When senate president dey go. Egypt to watch match.... I no dey are going to dash dem bad luck..... Now it is over... Insecurities dey dem no tackle am na ball the rogues dey take tax payers money dey watch

now that the match is over.....How do we put an end to all this incessant killings in this country ....Herdsmen now popular than bokoharam ....which way Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by leathalbeast: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
I am happy the same way Nigerians were when Tunisia knocked Ghana out.

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by rastaLivity: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Na federer pain me pass
honestly would have taken federer to win and Nigeria to loose
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Henry240:
This Algeria game exposed Ndidi. I was hoping this tournament would propel him to Manchester United.

The game didn't expose Ndidi, it exposed the coach, I have been saying it from the first time I watched our game under his tutelage, we play like we are looking for luck to snatch victory, that should tell you how tactless the coach is

4 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by robosky02(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chubhie:
Algeria tactically outplayed us with their 5man midfield and effectively cut off our wing play. With over 200 million population, can't we find a good goalkeeper? Kilo shele gan?
that's why I said our coach is average

Looking lost

Didn't know what to do
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by densiks: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
No point lamenting over spilt milk

It had become too obvious that the German coach has lost the cutting edge to compete in a high stakes scenario like Algeria presented today.

It was obvious in the poor game approach,wrong substitution and zero coordination amongst other glaring lapses.

It’s time for him to be sacked and many of those useless players offloaded from the National team.

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by astOorR(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
COMPAQ:

Why are we so fixated on chukwuezes substitutions in the last 2 matches. While the guy is good and has plenty of potential he didn't lay any good pass. Typically dribbles one then loses the ball the to second or third player he tries to dribble instead of picking a good pass. Neither did he test the keeper at any time, so not sure what the fuss is about.

One thing I've learnt from football is this, if you have any tricky star that can keep the opposition busy, keep him on the pitch.... The player becomes a source of distraction.
Cristiano Ronaldo, messi, harzad, Neymar etc.
One moment of defensive lapse from the opposition can produce a miracle from these guys.
Chukwueze, for now represents that sort of guy for the super eagles.
Thank you Sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Walelavender(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
The Algerians were superior tonight.
We could have done better.

See you in 2021 grin
God willing

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Kay25(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
them Don start to dey blame the jersey ..Make we lulu commot green for Nigerian flag self ..Nigerian's and blame game 5and 6 won't blame them aha buhari too will soon come to blame kwarruption,past administration and opposition for the vailure of the super cheapgles.they tried oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by KingAzubuike(f): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
We go fit beat Tunisia for third place so?

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Headlaw(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
This Raw or whatever is not a Coach I swear. How can u remove chukweze. See the result. The game just changed immediately. Algerians just came out with full force and disorganized the mid field.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Telvin7(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
HIT THE LIKE BUTTON IF U WANT THAT GREEN JERSEY TO BE BURNT ALIVE angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by agabusta: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
KingsleyA2:
This Rhor has coached super eagles for over 3 years without a definite starting eleven. today Aina, tomorow collins, next tomorrow onauchu, yesterday onyekuru or simon. very confused coach. today we were outplayed not beacuse of the quality of the players but because of the selection pattern of the coach.

... followed by poor quality of the players. Their ball handling and control skills were far below that of their Algerian counterparts.

They were just losing balls anyhow.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by femi4: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
tonididdy:
This trophy is sengals for the taking
Algeria will beat them again

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by mathology5431(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Why do I feel like Nigeria should not even show up for the Third place match sef..... undecided undecided
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by dannybrasky(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
After Federer lost,I went into limp Mode,my neighbor who came knocking on my door in order for him to watch naija match with me,knocked so tee em hand nearly peel.

I'm just going to drink away my heartbreak tonight,and it's all because of Federer. He has the match on his racket with 2 championship points but oga blew it. Chai! I just won strangle djokovic right now angry

KingAzubuike:

Na federer pain me pass

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
leathalbeast:
I am happy the same way Nigerians were when Tunisia knocked Ghana out.

You are a Ghanaian, huh?
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by anubabab: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
determination and zeal to dominate was totally missing. in fact, oyinlola babes FC won't play like that.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Telvin7(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
KingAzubuike:
We go fit beat Tunisia for third place so?
yes by 1.0 wink

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by imperiouxx(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Samunique:
Apkeyi single handedly costs is the match.
It was his last goal kick that put us under pressure that led to that goal.

The guy lacks football sense !!!

Exactly. Just like a novice keeper. Why he chose to block his own vision is beyond my understanding. The kicker saw his blunder and capitalized on it fast

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
That keeper
That keeper
That keeper
That keeper
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by stieyven(m): 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Madetocreate:
super chickens oya make ona de come house, as for that goalkeeper only god go punished am.
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by densiks: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
South Africans will be having a good laugh now grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by sharpwriter(m): 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
iamJ:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ball dey fly 1 mumu dey sleep inside box 18

Lol... Na strategy na... He thought he fit trick keeper by playing parallel shot... He Clearly underestimated Mahrez
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by franchasng: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
4gunners:
Nigerians should stop berating this guys, they did their best. We cannot always have our way. Even if they played better, we could have still lost. That's football.
My brother, if they played well and lost, believe me, I and many Nigerians will celebrate them. But the painful thing is, Nigerian players has been woeful in their performances in this CAF, forget the fact that we won previous matches, it was by chance....I told someone that if the ref ever gave extra 2 minutes time during our match with Cameroon, Cameroon would have defeated Nigeria squarely.

Our players are too lazy....they can't mark their opponents, always drawing back....they can't pass ball accurately, they lack confidence, skill is zero and in fact their general performance is woeful.

Rohr was even more useless substituting Chukwueze for that useless boy with sprayed hair....Chukwueze was making impact in the match until he got changed....where he needed to make changes was at the back.....Etebo and Omeruo were below average.

Iwobi and Ighalo were just useless!

Its not about the loss, its about their performance.

As for our goalkeeper, he needs to be banned from football by FIFA angry angry How can he make a wall and stand behind his defense wall The guy is mad!!!

7 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Rossikk(m): 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Samunique:
Apkeyi single handedly costs is the match.
It was his last goal kick that put us under pressure that led to that goal.

The guy lacks football sense !!!

ABEG FORGET THAT RUBBISH. ALL THE PLAYERS WERE USELESS. ALGERIA OWNED THE BALL IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES WHILE OUR PLAYERS WERE JUST LOOKING AT THEM AS THEY WERE PRESSING. WHY WEREN'T WE PRESSING THEM?

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
densiks:
No point lamenting over spilt milk

It had become too obvious that the German coach has lost the cutting edge to compete in a high stakes scenario like Algeria presented today.

It was obvious in the poor game approach,wrong substitution and zero coordination amongst other glaring lapses.

It’s time for him to be sacked and many of those useless players offloaded from the National team .

the man yet to deliver on th main stage

and his crashes have been annoying

his game reading is poor
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time by united2020: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
waiting pain now be d money wer senate president and his crews waste to cheer them up :-D grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (110) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / VIDEO: Jamal Murray Posts Quarantine S3x Tape With Girlfriend On IG, / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.