Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Sen.ifeanyi Ubah, Keeping His Constituency Abreast Of His Legislative Activities - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sen.ifeanyi Ubah, Keeping His Constituency Abreast Of His Legislative Activities (1252 Views)

Dr Js Yusuf Bags Legislative Writers Forum’s Excellence Award / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Hosts Chinese Consul General In "Japan Of Africa", Nnewi / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Appointed Member Of Sen Adhoc Committee On Legislative Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen.ifeanyi Ubah, Keeping His Constituency Abreast Of His Legislative Activities by grassrootsig: 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
In line with my promise to keep my constituency abreast of my daily legislative activities, here are the viewpoints I canvassed in my legislative activities today, Tuesday, 9th of July, 2019:

1. On the floor of the Senate, I co-sponsored a motion. The motion was sponsored by Senator T.A Orji of Abia Central on the urgent need to look into the “Rising incidence of suicides amongst Nigerians”. I shared the Senate's grave concern over the rising cases of suicide, particularly amongst young Nigerians in recent times, as well as the weak disposition of the Government, religious institutions and other relevant corporate bodies who have not been able to effectively address the menace in the country. Through the motion, we urged the Federal Government through the Ministry of Information and the Ministry of Health to create urgent awareness on how to control depression and establish trauma centres across the Federation. We also got the Senate to also resolve to engage the Executive arm on the need to expand the scope and content of Special Intervention Programmes of Government in creating economic opportunities for the vulnerable sections of the nation's population.

2. I also co-sponsored another motion on the “Death of Nine Nigerian migrants in Libya”, which was presented by Sen. Barau I. Jibrin of Kano North. The motion raised awareness on the killing of nine Nigerian citizens in a double air strike on a detention center outside Tripoli, the capital of Libya and condemned the air strike in its entirety. We got the Senate to urge the ministry of Foreign Affairs to react to this unfortunate development and to hasten the process of bringing back Nigerian migrants from Libya's detention camps. We equally called on the United Nations to investigate the perpetrators of the dastardly act and bring them to Justice.

3. Also, as a member of the Senate Adhoc committee on media and public affairs, i actively participated in the first Senate media briefing chaired by Senator Dayo Adeyeye. In the media chat, we assured Nigerians of our commitment to creating a 9th Senate that will work for all Nigerians under the leadership of His Excellency Senator Ahmed Lawan, as well as a parliament that will be marked by transparency and accountability through proper and articulation and timely communication of the views and agenda of the Senate to the general public.

4. Finally, I participated in the extensive deliberations with the Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Legislative Agenda chaired by Senator Mohammed Adamu Aliero of which I am also a member. As the committee saddled with the responsibility of charting the policy direction framework for the 9th Senate, I pushed the position for the Senators to unite in order to perform optimally for the common good of our constituents and Nigeria at large.

Re: Sen.ifeanyi Ubah, Keeping His Constituency Abreast Of His Legislative Activities by ashantitope: 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
Clap for your self you have tried you need trophy because we have some sleeping senator there too and beating senator

(1) (Reply)

Meet Godwin Ubaka Okeke, Chairman GUO Transport Services / Arab Men Eats While Sitting Around Tables Filled With Gigantic Cow Meats, / Miss Cheeks A.k.a In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.