Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster (25990 Views)

Twitter Ban: Platform Looses 23.44 Per Cent Market Shares / Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / That Awkward Moment Your Phone Is Faster Than Your Laptop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by mrvitalis(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Hanks0000:

Wow. So things that happen in foreign countries now has it effects in Nigeria.. You don't have a say bro
No nigeria exist in its own universe
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by UncleJudax(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2019
farmsata:
Huawei phones are what I plan to use for a long time, if possible will like to replace this android 8 os with the new OS. I no blame iOs users for spending so much on iPhone lol. Android is pain in the ass

Ftc? Wow.

For those quoting me and saying I use techno lol, I use a Huawei Y6 2018. Very decent phone I must add.
Low end android phones are what they are low end. The performance of a phone depend on many things. Apart from the OS, Chip, RAM, optimization etc are very important.

Besides, android is an open source platform, companies modify based on their taste and targeted markets. So, implementation varies from Samsung to Meizu.

Of course competition, apart from iOs, would be healthy

1 Like

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by spoilerx: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

I use tecno phones, alcatel and lenovo. It's not about minimum spec. I don't keep my things on phone whatever the spec or size ever since like 9 years ago when i started using android and BB.
if you want a phone that performs, you have to be willing to spend money especially as naira has little value internationally.
these issues you complain of, i have never experienced on android.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2019
mrvitalis:

No nigeria exist in its own universe

You are senslesse..
No point tryin to argue or pass some sense to you.. you always gonna wake up leaving your six pound brain in your lala land..
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by tbliss22(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2019
israelmao:
Nigeria yet to find itself among nations with technology-driven economy.We just watch the unfolding of unmatchable infighting in technological world.

Naija kept hyping a technology that had already been thrown into the trash over there in the western world. Rechargeable vehicle is out now and working perfectly but maybe it will get to Western Africa after 20years.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2019
spoilerx:

if you want a phone that performs, you have to be willing to spend money especially as naira has little value internationally.
these issues you complain of, i have never experienced on android.

It depends on your internal mem, especially if you don't toil with your phone data. I'm someone who does what i like with my data almost everyday. I may one to copy it to pc, reuse it, backit up, use it on another phone, remove my sd and many other things like that.
My phone is my pda so i do a lot with it .
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by IamCharles123: 9:26am On Jul 10, 2019
farmsata:
Huawei phones are what I plan to use for a long time, if possible will like to replace this android 8 os with the new OS. I no blame iOs users for spending so much on iPhone lol. Android is pain in the ass

Ftc? Wow.

For those quoting me and saying I use techno lol, I use a Huawei Y6 2018. Very decent phone I must add.
Os is not the issue, even Nigeria programmers can come up with a good OS now, but the applications, Google currently has about 2 million apps, Huawei need to find a solution to that.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by IamCharles123: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2019
kunki90:
I hope it works out well and fast. Tired of Google Android Os and IOS is a no no for me.
U want to use an OS with no apps abi
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by pat077: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

So you don't know the diff btw iOS and Huawei?
it's u who don't understand what I'm saying. If ios which is a different operating system to android can have access to Gmail why can't Huawei os have access to it if they play their game well.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Xisnin(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2019
Many linux distros are way faster than windows. Yet, they are far lagging behind in user adoption.
Huawei needs to fire this CEO who thinks OS is about speed.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by IamCharles123: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Isinweke:
Release it or stop making noise
Release phone with no meaningful application, so we go just buy the phone dey look am.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by IamCharles123: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2019
pat077:
it's u who don't understand what I'm saying. If ios which is a different operating system to android can have access to Gmail why can't Huawei os have access to it if they play their game well.
Explain what you mean by having access to Gmail?
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by mrvitalis(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2019
Hanks0000:

You are senslesse..
No point tryin to argue or pass some sense to you.. you always gonna wake up leaving your six pound brain in your lala land..
Okay ...na watin nairaland cause ...i no blame u
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by SEGLIZ: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Android deserves another competitive OS that will give it a run for it's life.

Android is now growing into a pompous fool that doesn't give no bleeping fvck about it's users. They took away the microSD app storage in their latest versions. SD is now almost useless on android for the common users except for tech guys who could find their ways around devices. They also took away some good things that we enjoy in the older android versions.

In no time, your internal memory becomes full, phone begins to hang and drag, you can't install new apps and if you seek help online, you'll discover every other white nigga out there using android is as pissed as you're. Fvck android.

before now you move apps from internal memory to secondary memory now it's no longer possible.
three days ago my wife still got pissed over this issue. due to her business activities she uses up space and lot of apps to carry out her job,, all she does is delete apps and important saved files to make room.
very ugly scenario. you are just very right on point.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by spoilerx: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

It depends on your internal mem, especially if you don't toil with your phone data. I'm someone who does what i like with my data almost everyday. I may one to copy it to pc, reuse it, backit up, use it on another phone, remove my sd and many other things like that.
My phone is my pda so i do a lot with it .

since you do a lot with your phon, you should be willing to get a proper device, not techno & co which are low end device

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 10, 2019
SEGLIZ:

before now you move apps from internal memory to secondary memory now it's no longer possible.
three days ago my wife still got pissed over this issue. due to her business activities she uses up space and lot of apps to carry out her job,, all she does is delete apps and important saved files to make room.
very ugly scenario. you are just very right on point.

The funny thing is that many Nigerians don't know about this. They just buy phone and use it. Later some, will only notice the phone saying low memory, full memory or dragging.
Only the white community know the implication of the shiiit android has done, since most white are always informed about what's going on.

Android has just created unnecessary headache. They should have left it the way it was before.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2019
mrvitalis:

Okay ...na watin nairaland cause ...i no blame u

Didos
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2019
spoilerx:

since you do a lot with your phon, you should be willing to get a proper device, not techno & co which are low end device

You're not getting the point. It's not about the device, it's about the OS, I've used lots of phones. Ever since i started using android in 2011 or so with the sony ericsson xperia x10, i don't use the internal memory.
No matter the internal mem, even if it is 160gb, i don't use internal mem. I do all my things on external SD that i can remove any time. If anything happens to phone, i can remove my SD and lose none of my data. I don't use internal mem. I use microSD.
I didn't care about my data the days of java and symbian phones. if the phone spoils, all the data goes. But when i've grown up and started using BB back then and later android, i've always kept all my apps and data on SD till date.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by yaki84: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2019
israelmao:
Nigeria yet to find itself among nations with technology-driven economy.We just watch the unfolding of unmatchable infighting in technological world.
Is ruga n shite fight not good enough for world consummation?
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by SEGLIZ: 10:07am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

The funny thing is that many Nigerians don't know about this. They just buy phone and use it. Later some, will only notice the phone saying low memory, full memory or dragging.
Only the white community know the implication of the shiiit android has done, since most white are always informed about what's going on.

Android has just created unnecessary headache. They should have left it the way it was before.

they fool's.
I see no reason for their upgrades. when you say upgrade, I believe you introduce more features, take of the problematic one but android na lie.
they would rather introduce a stupid problematic feature and the gullible ones we have here will rushing it like monkey see banana.
my first android phone was tecno L3, I would confess I still to date relish my experience with that version of aos (jelly bean) compare to the newer vasions.
it's just like comparing other versions of windows to window 98, that was the peak other are just building on it bust still the feel of 98 to every one out this realm.

1 Like

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2019
SEGLIZ:

they fool's.
I see no reason for their upgrades. when you say upgrade, I believe you introduce more features, take of the problematic one but android na lie.
they would rather introduce a stupid problematic feature and the gullible ones we have here will rushing it like monkey see banana.
my first android phone was tecno L3, I would confess I still to date relish my experience with that version of aos (jelly bean) compare to the newer vasions.
it's just like comparing other versions of windows to window 98, that was the peak other are just building on it bust still the feel of 98 to every one out this realm.

You spoke my mind. I think android intentionally did that for whatever selfish reason known to them. Upgrade is meant for better not for worse.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by SEGLIZ: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

You're not getting the point. It's not about the device, it's about the OS, I've used lots of phones. Ever since i started using android in 2011 or so with the sony ericsson xperia x10, i don't use the internal memory.
No matter the internal mem, even if it is 160gb, i don't use internal mem. I do all my things on external SD that i can remove any time. If anything happens to phone, i can remove my SD and lose none of my data. I don't use internal mem. I use microSD.
I didn't care about my data the days of java and symbian phones. if the phone spoils, all the data goes. But when i've grown up and started using BB back then and later android, i've always kept all my apps and data on SD till date.

but this days it no more possible to move apps or files from internal memory to secondary!?
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2019
pat077:

Because Huawei is Chinese and iOS is USA, so is Gmail. How this is not already obvious to you is what I don't understand
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by SEGLIZ: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

You spoke my mind. I think android intentionally did that for whatever selfish reason known to them. Upgrade is meant for better not for worse.

na real selfish reason, I want to believe the monopoly is just freaking them out a competitor is needed not for hatred but for we the consumers to get the best. ios that would have filled in is nothing but a crazy stingy reap off, the more reason this new os must be birth.
but our stupid fellows back here that don't know their onion as a result of slave mentality are busy praying for it not to succeed ........... for reasons I don't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2019
SEGLIZ:

but this days it no more possible to move apps or files from internal memory to secondary!?

Yes. I think from android 6 upward. Except you format your SD as internal mem. The implication of this is your SD does not have the same speed as the normal internal mem no matter how the quality is, it may drag your phone. It's lame to solely use SD phone Mem, even on old versions when you can move app to SD, some vital apps, files and stuffs still run on the internal mem. So, it's lame to use SD as internal mem.
Then, once you format it as internal mem. the card will be encrypted so that your pc can't read it, you can't remove it, copy things to ur pc except you format it and erase all your stuffs on it.
It's just wack, no need to waste my time typing anything. Go online, you will see lots of whites complaining, frustrated about the stuff. Since most white people too use their device as pda, and like doing stuffs the way they like.

Only those who don't know much about the device they use or those who don't care if they lose their phone with all the data on the internal mem will not know the implication of the recent upgrade.
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Android deserves another competitive OS that will give it a run for it's life.

Android is now growing into a pompous fool that doesn't give no bleeping fvck about it's users. They took away the microSD app storage in their latest versions. SD is now almost useless on android for the common users except for tech guys who could find their ways around devices. They also took away some good things that we enjoy in the older android versions.

In no time, your internal memory becomes full, phone begins to hang and drag, you can't install new apps and if you seek help online, you'll discover every other white nigga out there using android is as pissed as you're. Fvck android.

On point

1 Like

Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Yes. I think from android 6 upward. Except you format your SD as internal mem. The implication of this is your SD does not have the same speed as the normal internal mem no matter how the quality is, it may drag your phone. It's lame to solely use SD phone Mem, even on old versions when you can move app to SD, some vital apps, files and stuffs still run on the internal mem. So, it's lame to use SD as internal mem.
Then, once you format it as internal mem. the card will be encrypted so that your pc can't read it, you can't remove it, copy things to ur pc except you format it and erase all your stuffs on it.
It's just wack, no need to waste my time typing anything. Go online, you will see lots of whites complaining, frustrated about the stuff. Since most white people too use their device as pda, and like doing stuffs the way they like.

Only those who don't know much about the device they use or those who don't care if they lose their phone with all the data on the internal mem will not know the implication of the recent upgrade.

My phone has the same issue
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by bigpicture001: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2019
The US has a lifestyle that helps them.make their product more desireable...nobody in the world want to emulate chinese people...that a thing china cant take away from the US...
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by spoilerx: 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

your issue is you want SD card? I don't understand your response
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by nnokwa042(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Sunofgod:
China wan take over the world.....US are slipping behind.
everthing in the world is still owned by USA even chinese people wan go to america to live but china is trying
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by preshlink(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Huawei CEO Reveals Android Alternative, Claiming It’s 60 Per Cent Faster by SoNature(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
pat077:
Since ios has access to Gmail, I don't see why they shouldn't

iOS and Gmail are American products.
China hasn't been fair to American companies.
None of the poplar American social media works in China yet they want the world to patronize their products.
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc all banned.
Whatever happened to fairness?
They forgot that Huawei makes more money from international markets than local Chinese markets.
Let's see how far the company will go with its OS.
Microsoft and BlackBerry had terrible experiences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night / WhatsApp Temporarily Down / Indian Man Scams Phone Buyer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.