Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians (16247 Views)

How States Stand On RUGA / Garba Shehu Contradicts Osinbajo On Ruga Settlements - Punch / PDP Blasts Obaseki Over Silence On RUGA Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by lonelydora: 10:39am On Jul 10, 2019
doris00:
The Presidency on Tuesday clarified that the National Livestock Transformation Plan of the Federal Government was not suspended.

While advising Nigerians not to worry about the 30 days ultimatum given by the Coalition of Northern Groups over the Ruga settlement project, the Presidency advised the CNG to respect the Office of the President which, it said, took the decision in the national interest.

The Senior Policy Adviser (Agriculture Interventions Coordination) in the Office of the Vice President, Dr. Andrew Kwasari, stated this in an interview with journalists in Abuja during a training session organised for the executives of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria and its officers in eight states considered to be flashpoints.
The spokesperson for CNG, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, in giving the 30-day ultimatum to state governors to accept the Ruga programme, had said the conspiracy to weaken the North had been perpetrated with the active connivance of some leaders from the region.

But Kwasari dismissed the threat, saying a large section of the citizenry was in solidarity with Buhari over the suspension of Ruga policy.

He said, “I think the President has the overwhelming support and his decision has resonated with the majority. I think we should not worry about the threats. They don’t earn my respect in anyway, I can’t support them. My support is for the President and the people of Nigeria.

“Their threat is divisive, I think these people should listen to the majority of this country and above all, accord respect to the office of the President, if they are true citizens of this country.

“The President took the decision to suspend the Ruga policy in the interest and common good of all Nigerians. Are we supposed to be concerned about rallying around the President who has taken a decision or a portion of society that feels otherwise for whatsoever reason? I don’t know whatever evidence that they have.”

Asked if he would demand their arrest, Kwasari said he was sure that the security architecture of the country had taken a strong stance against hate speech and divisive rhetoric.

“So, I’m sure that the appropriate age cues are considering whatever action they will take. What is within my power is to make sure that the President’s directive is obeyed”, he stated.

He said, “The training was informed by the need to build the capacity of the stakeholders that we consider to be pivotal in the peace process in Benue and Nasarawa states.

“If you are going to mediate in these two states in the farmers-herders crisis, then you should be talking to MACBAN and All Farmers’ Association with a view to building and enhancing their capacity on mediation and dialogue.”

“Peace is very essential in the communal peace and dialogue plan. There has to be initiative that will bring about understanding among communities, most importantly among the pastoral communities and other communities in the country. What is missing now is the peace that had existed in the past between the pastoralists and the communities across the nation.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/disregard-northern-groups-threat-on-ruga-presidency-tells-nigerians/amp/

We are not disregarding anything. That's how you guys will be saying it until they start killing people. We are ever ready for them. We will match them bullet for bullet, machete for machete.

2 Likes

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by penplus: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2019
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

1 Like

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by freeze001(f): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2019
AnanseK:

Southern groups and individuals especially SE make hate speech everyday and every hour , how many have been arrested for hate speech?

The president should know that no matter how hard he bends over backwards to please the children of hate, they will continue to hate him. It is in their blood.

Expressing refusal to support the president, APC and ruga is not hate speech. Threatening the safety and existence of citizens in any part of the country is. Go an learn what hate speech is before you start spouting your myopic opinions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by Ten06(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2019
To show some level of seriousness the government should arrest those that made that statement
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by blackslayer: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2019
SOUTHERN NIGERIA GROUP MAKES A THREAT : RESPONDS WITH PYTHON DANCE OR CROCODILE TEARS OR WHATEVER
NORTHERN NIGERIA GROUP MAKES A THREAT : DISREGARD

WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

1 Like

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by Realslimshady(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2019
slimfit1:
The only sensible statement ever made by this useless government.
What have you achieved in your life?
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by ossyla(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2019
which national interest this fool must be mad or something. president my foot
doris00:
The Presidency on Tuesday clarified that the National Livestock Transformation Plan of the Federal Government was not suspended.

While advising Nigerians not to worry about the 30 days ultimatum given by the Coalition of Northern Groups over the Ruga settlement project, the Presidency advised the CNG to respect the Office of the President which, it said, [s]took the decision in the national interest.[/s]

The Senior Policy Adviser (Agriculture Interventions Coordination) in the Office of the Vice President, Dr. Andrew Kwasari, stated this in an interview with journalists in Abuja during a training session organised for the executives of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria and its officers in eight states considered to be flashpoints.
The spokesperson for CNG, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, in giving the 30-day ultimatum to state governors to accept the Ruga programme, had said the conspiracy to weaken the North had been perpetrated with the active connivance of some leaders from the region.

But Kwasari dismissed the threat, saying a large section of the citizenry was in solidarity with Buhari over the suspension of Ruga policy.

He said, “I think the President has the overwhelming support and his decision has resonated with the majority. I think we should not worry about the threats. They don’t earn my respect in anyway, I can’t support them. My support is for the President and the people of Nigeria.

“Their threat is divisive, I think these people should listen to the majority of this country and above all, accord respect to the office of the President, if they are true citizens of this country.

“The President took the decision to suspend the Ruga policy in the interest and common good of all Nigerians. Are we supposed to be concerned about rallying around the President who has taken a decision or a portion of society that feels otherwise for whatsoever reason? I don’t know whatever evidence that they have.”

Asked if he would demand their arrest, Kwasari said he was sure that the security architecture of the country had taken a strong stance against hate speech and divisive rhetoric.

“So, I’m sure that the appropriate age cues are considering whatever action they will take. What is within my power is to make sure that the President’s directive is obeyed”, he stated.

He said, “The training was informed by the need to build the capacity of the stakeholders that we consider to be pivotal in the peace process in Benue and Nasarawa states.

“If you are going to mediate in these two states in the farmers-herders crisis, then you should be talking to MACBAN and All Farmers’ Association with a view to building and enhancing their capacity on mediation and dialogue.”

“Peace is very essential in the communal peace and dialogue plan. There has to be initiative that will bring about understanding among communities, most importantly among the pastoral communities and other communities in the country. What is missing now is the peace that had existed in the past between the pastoralists and the communities across the nation.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/disregard-northern-groups-threat-on-ruga-presidency-tells-nigerians/amp/
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2019
We should disregard.... If it were other ethnic groups, or a certain ethnic group, all security operatives including the army would have declared state of emergency.

1 Like

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by DimIsaac10(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2019
Disregard abi? If its Southern you declare dem terrorist..
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by lawrsmith(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2019
doris00:

While advising Nigerians not to worry about the 30 days ultimatum given by the Coalition of Northern Groups over the Ruga settlement project, the Presidency advised the CNG to respect the Office of the President which, it said, took the decision in the national interest.

RULE UNDER GUN ATTACK
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by abdulahiMusa: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Benekruku:
Well said by His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Buhari asslicker, if it was a southerner that made those threats, your Fulani DSS would have invited him for questioning.

1 Like

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 11:53am On Jul 10, 2019
We are not disregarding anything.

We are patiently waiting for them, great nations where respect for personal space is a right and a must are usually borne out of the ashes of destruction. We need to go to another civil war without any help coming from any quarter let's see comes through else we will never respect ourselves.
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by yeniyeni(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2019
This government is too bias. Why would we disregard a threat against the unity of Nigeria when they are still roaming about with dagger, cutlass, AKA47 and 48?
Oga arrest them all then we will know you people are serious.
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by slimfit1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Realslimshady:

What have you achieved in your life?

I run my own business love you?
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by ugocitywnda: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Story for the Gods. Do you think we care about that empty yann? Anti fu ihu ofe, anyi emeta garri.
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by olumalcolm(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Whichever one u pple decide, we ain't sleeping no more. angry
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by adekolaelect(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
brrrr:
If as a Nigerian u never discover say all na scam by now then just know u are a fool forever
life itself is scam reality is when you die !!!! You too are a fool because you are still alive.

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by adekolaelect(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
brrrr:
If as a Nigerian u never discover say all na scam by now then just know u are a fool forever
life itself is scam!!!!!!! Reality is when you die !!!! You too are a fool because you are still alive.

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by AnanseK(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
freeze001:

Expressing refusal to support the president, APC and ruga is not hate speech. Threatening the safety and existence of citizens in any part of the country is. Go an learn what hate speech is before you start spouting your myopic opinions.

I pray you get your Biafra for all to have rest of mind. But I know as soon as you are given you will scream to high heavens and cry expulsion and human right. You are happier staying in Nigeria, and insulting and hating everyone
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by lomprico(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
AnanseK:

Lies , southern groups are always making even worse remarks. Buhari should know that no matter how much he bends over backwards to please the children of hate, they will never accept him.

Zombie!
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by tonquendo4u(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
AnanseK:

Lies , there was no threat to human lives.
Are u serious? Did u watch d video?
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by webizone(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2019
AnanseK:

I pray you get your Biafra for all to have rest of mind. But I know scream to high heavens and cry expulsion and human right. You are happier staying and hating everyone
Ok o. Do the needful, let them get Biafra.
Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by khiaa(f): 5:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Stallion93:
Exactly

Hi dear.

1 Like

Re: Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians by Stallion93(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
khiaa:

Hi dear.
hey khiaa How u been?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Gives 12,000 Foreigners Permit To Work In Nigeria / Federal High Court To Shift Venue Of Nnamdi Kanu's Trial - Chief Judge / LAWMA Serves Intention To Seal Notices On Some Businesses In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.