Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,747 members, 7,862,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash (720 Views)

Nicah The Queen Take Down Bikini Photo After Backlash / Nicki Minaj pulls out of Saudi Arabia festival after backlash (Pic) / Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by Johnnyessence(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Nicki Minaj in a statement on Tuesday, confirmed that
she cancelled a scheduled performance in Saudi Arabia next
week, citing her support for the rights of women and the
LGBT community.
This came after the US Human Rights Foundation called for
Minaj and other musicians, One Direction’s Liam
Payne, Steve Aoki and others scheduled to play at the
Jeddah World Fest on July 18 to pull out of the festival, over
the country’s record of human rights violations.
“After careful reflection I have decided to no longer
move forward with my scheduled concert at
Jeddah World Fest. While I want nothing more than
to bring my show to fans in Saudi Arabia, after
better educating myself on the issues, I believe it is
important for me to make clear my support for the
rights of women, the LGBTQ community and
freedom of expression,” Minaj said in a
statement to the Associated Press.
Though Saudi Arabia has been trying to ease restrictions on
entertainment and to encourage growth in its arts sector,
however prior to pulling out of the concert, Nicki Minaj
suffered a torrent of backlash as critics questioned how her
revealing outfits and explicit lyrics would go over in the
ultra-conservative kingdom.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/7/nicki-minaj-pulls-out-of-saudi-arabia-festival-after-backlash-2.html

Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by Johnnyessence(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Dress decently lol
Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by whitebeard(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2019
After LGBT community this is next..
Weirdos everywhere..

2 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by Kingosytex(m): 8:03am On Jul 10, 2019
I would have loved to see the rap goddess set saudi ablaze
Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by Davash222(m): 8:07am On Jul 10, 2019
Nigerian Muslims are happy. Saudi Arabian government will credit their accounts soon.
Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by Jayslicky: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2019
Nicki Minaj should have simply obeyed their dressing style, when you go to Rome you dress like the Romans, when you go to Greece you dress Greek very simple, though I believe in everybody should dress as they like in non public gathering.
Going to Saudi Arabia is like going to an islamic school, they have a uniform and code of dressing for their women, if you cannot abide by the rules you stay off from the school.

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by VonTrapp: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2019
She is the one that will lose money
Re: Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival After Backlash by Johnnyessence(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc Dominique cc fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

Toni Braxton In Lagos Nigeria In Honour Of Prince Nduka Obaigbena's 60th Birthda / I Met My Husband Adekunle Gold On Facebook — Simi / Clinton N'jie Sekxtape: Cameroon Footballer Clinton N'jie Streams Sekx Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.